PS3 releases (12/28/10) not being added?

edited January 2011 in The Rock Band Network
What's up with this? I was looking forward to these releases, but it's been five days since this was supposed to come out and we still have nothing.

Comments

• angel2584angel2584 Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    psn does not update xmas week... we will get all of 12/28/10's dlc with the 01/04/11 dlc
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited January 2011
    If you looked at the Ps Store.. nothing was updated...
  • NFL_MONSTER_68NFL_MONSTER_68 Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    So we get 5 RBN Songs in two weeks, thx sony axxhxles, I am really starting to hate the Sony Company. In this kind of buisness, u better have some people working between holidays to keep your customers happy, otherwise you loose them.

Happy new year my friends!!!!
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    If SONY thought that having one week where five whole songs weren't available would lose customers, then I'm sure they'd be more open to offering more than five per week anyway.

And in two weeks, the one week layoff won't even be noticed. Considering this happens every year and hasn't yet crippled SONY, I doubt they'd even miss those upset enough to leave.
  • OmegaVitaminCOmegaVitaminC Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    No, we get 10 RBN songs in 2 weeks.
  • blzbub74blzbub74 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    NFL_MONSTER_68;4245622 said:
    So we get 5 RBN Songs in two weeks, thx sony axxhxles, I am really starting to hate the Sony Company. In this kind of buisness, u better have some people working between holidays to keep your customers happy, otherwise you loose them.

Happy new year my friends!!!!

You're right. It's absolutely horrible that a company gives it's entire staff an extended vacation over the holidays.

That's something that they should be applauded for, not condemned. It's not like getting some rbn songs is a life and death situation.
    edited January 2011
    "No, we get 10 RBN songs in 2 weeks."

So you can tell us the name of the other 5 songs we get?
    edited January 2011
    blzbub74;4246032 said:
    You're right. It's absolutely horrible that a company gives it's entire staff an extended vacation over the holidays.

That's something that they should be applauded for, not condemned. It's not like getting some rbn songs is a life and death situation.
    U r right 2 but its as easy as this:
    Ps3 and Xbox product = same price,
    PS3 service = TERRIBLE (5 song limit per week,xmas free,no song preview in my land,etc)
    XBOX service = GREAT

thats what makes me angry.
    In my eyes Sony can party allllllllllllllllllllllll year, but the quality of their product must be allright.
    edited January 2011
    Of course the other difference is ps3 users don't pay for online services and xbox members do. Microsoft then uses that money to develop their online service, including the infrastructure used by HMX to do RB. We get what we pay for.

But no, let's not take a reasonable view of it and complain about workers getting a vacation. That's much better.
    edited January 2011
    blzbub74;4247047 said:
    Of course the other difference is ps3 users don't pay for online services and xbox members do. Microsoft then uses that money to develop their online service, including the infrastructure used by HMX to do RB. We get what we pay for.

But no, let's not take a reasonable view of it and complain about workers getting a vacation. That's much better.

Complain about it over five optional pieces of content, mind...
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    blzbub74;4247047 said:

Right now, BOTH providers offer a free basic level of service (XBL Silver, PSN) and a subscription-based premium service (XBL Gold, PSN Plus). And downloadable content like RBN is available to the free subscribers on both.
    edited January 2011
    thatmarkguy;4247343 said:
    Right now, BOTH providers offer a free basic level of service (XBL Silver, PSN) and a subscription-based premium service (XBL Gold, PSN Plus). And downloadable content like RBN is available to the free subscribers on both.

But xbox has a lot of its basic services attached to membership, including online play if I'm not mistaken. The paid psn at this point just appears to be a money grab and all the basic services are available for free.

What you said does not change the fact that microsoft uses the subscription revenue to develop its online infrastructure in a way sony hasn't. Since the paid psn is still in it's infancy, we may eventually see them doing some of what microsoft does.

Also, your argument still doesn't justify attacking a company for giving its workers vacation during the holidays.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    blzbub74;4247415 said:
    Also, your argument still doesn't justify attacking a company for giving its workers vacation during the holidays.

I never intended it to. It also doesn't challenge the second amendment nor offer a cure for cancer.

I was purely rebutting the implication that MS has a paid service level while Sony doesn't.
    edited January 2011
    thatmarkguy;4248140 said:
    I never intended it to. It also doesn't challenge the second amendment nor offer a cure for cancer.

I was purely rebutting the implication that MS has a paid service level while Sony doesn't.

No, you weren't. If your intention was to suggest that the subscription fees that MS generates for Gold level access has no bearing on whether or not they offer content for all 52 weeks compared to SONY's 51, then you didn't really succeed. Especially since you didn't actually address WHY MS provides content to free members for that extra week when SONY (and Nintend) seemingly can't be bothered.

It's not the most outrageous thing to suggest that perhaps the fees MS gets could have some amount of influence.

This is all getting rather silly. Especially since the delay doesn't matter now. Why it ever did is a matter for scholars to figure out.