DLC points

tocynnwrtocynnwr Unsigned
edited January 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Hi im new and old in age to the world of rockband. Do you earn point to download dlc for the ten albums that have just been reduced offspring oasis etc

Help im confused

thanks

Alan

Comments

• FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited January 2011
    Welcome to the forums!

I'm not sure I understand your question correctly, but depending on what system you're on, the "points" needed to downloaded DLC are purchased, not earned. XBox 360 owners get 80 MS points for every $1, while Wii owners get 100 Wii points for every $1. The PS3 doesn't have a points system, so every DLC item just has a straight dollars-and-cents price on it.

Sometimes there are ways that you can "earn" points through promotions and the like, but usually you have to pay for them.

If that doesn't answer your question, try providing some additional details.
  • tocynnwrtocynnwr Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    thank you i forgot to say i was on ps3. This may have something to do with my question confusing matters. Thanks for the help

Alan
  • Flame95Flame95 Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    I'm not sure if this is a troll or not, but no, you buy the points either on a credit card through Xbox Live or by buying a points card in a shop.
  • tocynnwrtocynnwr Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    I might but ugly but im no troll :)
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited January 2011
    I'm on the XBox myself, so I'm not familiar with how you add money to your PlayStation Network account. I'm sure one of the other PS3 players here can help with that, or you browse through the network on your PS3 for information, or contact Sony's tech support.

Whichever way, once you do have money on your account, that's what you use to buy DLC for Rock Band and other games. As you've probably seen, most tracks run $2 a pop, and some songs come in packs which offer a little bit of a discount. There are also occasional sales, like the one you see going on right now.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Money cards for PSN can be purchased at most places that sell Xbox points cards. (Target, Best Buy, Toys 'r Us, etc.) For that matter, probably Wii points. But I don't look for those, so I wouldn't actually know.

Also, this sub-forum is for Rock Band Network which is a program created by Harmonix to allow bands easier access to get their songs into the game. Questions and discussions should be limited to that. The general Rock Band forum or one of the Support forums is where this question should've gone.

Each sub-forum has a brief description about what you can be expected to find within.