1/11/11 DLC Discussion - Linkin Park 6 Pack

Comments

• tahoedude101tahoedude101 Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    I am so happy that this is finally coming out! Waiting for the End is probably my favorite song off their new album, but I don't think it will be very fun if you aren't singing. And of course this pack is announced the day I send my 360 away to be repaired. :(
    Also, here is the link to the post that @RockBand accidentally tweeted: http://us2.campaign-archive.com/?u=35cb3ebbb724992dfe5338d48&id=1f62ff0f30
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited January 2011
    TKS;4248544 said:
    yeah we need more than just one week. The classic rock people had basically a little over two months now of older stuff.
    And the "new stuff" people had basically the better part of three years of mostly newer stuff.

(never mind how asinine it is to lump all of rock n roll into two categories based solely on whether they came out within the past decade)
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    This is going to be the first time since RB3 came out that I download more than 2 songs, not counting the free songs at launch of course.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited January 2011
    Nazgvl;4248696 said:
    I'll echo being excited about a Linkin Park pack until i saw the song choices. There really needed to be more/better choices off of Hybrid Theory (by FAR their best album). In the end was a good choice, but I would have liked to see Papercuts and especially Points of Authority.

Heres to hoping for a second pack, with less of the newer crap. Dissappointed :/
    Let's see:

Linkin Park singles discography, US chart rankings:

#2 In the End check
    #6 New Divide sorry, that's a miss
    #7 What I've Done check
    #11 Numb check

I know it's "cool" to like the deep cuts, but it's a no-brainer to go after the biggest-selling/charting hits of any given band. And that's exactly what we've got with 3/4 of LP's biggest hits.
  • chaoscontrolashchaoscontrolash Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    i was so happy to hear about this. cant wait@!!!
  • SkeleshredderSkeleshredder Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Eh, the awesome classic rock streak had to end eventually. I don't dislike Linkin Park, but they don't do much for me, so I'll pass. I'm so far behind with DLC, it's actually kinda nice to have a week where I don't want most or all of what's offered.
    (Plus, unlike some forum members, I understand that HMX does not exist solely to cater to my musical taste, and no one else's.) :P
  • Fuelie79Fuelie79 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    It's nice to finally get some modern DLC. I think they could have gotten some better songs for the game, like "Points of Authority," "Faint," or "Breaking the Habit." I'm also confused as to why "Waiting for the End" was chosen over "The Catalyst." Either way, not a bad pack, and it's the first time I've actually been remotely excited about DLC in a little while.
  • JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited January 2011
    Meh... first week in a while I'm not buying anything, but I won't call it the end of the greatest DLC streak in Rock Band history.
  • JPS2K5JPS2K5 Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    ... Linkin who.... ? :S
  • edited January 2011
    Good week for the simple fact that people have been requesting them non-stop since they first got a song on the RB2 disc.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Skeleshredder;4248792 said:

(Plus, unlike some forum members, I understand that HMX does not exist solely to cater to my musical taste, and no one else's.) :P

Of course not silly, your music is vile. That's why HMX should cater to me, only me, me I tell you me me me me me me. Because my taste in music is perfect. :)
  • EpidehlEpidehl Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Super excited for this pack, great choices from a keyboard/harmonies and popularity standpoint. Also really happy they chose Waiting For The End as the Thousand Suns song as it's easily my favorite from the album.
  • TkDiamonDTkDiamonD Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Wow!! Great choices! I honestly would've picked every single one of these given a 6 pack. Very surprised and very excited for this pack!
  • madillmamadillma Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    AWESOME, buying the whole pack!

Hopefully New Divide is coming eventually, but this is just SWEET. With Harmonies, too, and Keys, oh me oh my this is gonna be a freakin' blast.
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited January 2011
    nothing for me thanks...lets hope a couple singles come too...

and i do believe at this particular time this needs to be posted
  • madillmamadillma Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Haha I love that parody video, but I still enjoy LP. I wonder if New Divide will be as ridiculously easy as in Guitar Hero or if it will be charted differently? Hoping for more notes. :-)

................................TIME TO YELL AGAIN!!!!!!!
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited January 2011
    I was wondering just the other day what happened of Linkin Park with RB given the recent GH pack. Glad to see i can finally get some more songs from them as they are popular and a decent listen to... getting the whole pack for definate.

Been so many great legends released for DLC since RB3 was launched but Linkin Park helps offer a bit more modern a taste to the recent trends
  • detlefdetlef Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    PaperMario21;4248438 said:
    oh no...dlc streak is over.
    I hope there are other songs available that week.
    Well, it's been a good run.....
  • Musicfreak82515Musicfreak82515 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Man, no Breaking the Habit? That's a bummer.

I'll prolly pick up the whole pack instead of just buying everything but that new track (just to save points).

My optimism is saying more info will equal more goodies.
  • ReaverReaver Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Skode;4248852 said:
    I was wondering just the other day what happened of Linkin Park with RB given the recent GH pack. Glad to see i can finally get some more songs from them as they are popular and a decent listen to... getting the whole pack for definate.

Been so many great legends released for DLC since RB3 was launched but Linkin Park helps offer a bit more modern a taste to the recent trends
    Definitely glad they waited to release them post RB3. Playing "One Step Closer" without harmonies is awkward enough. Try playing "In the End" without harmonies. Not a chance. But I'm glad they recognized the older stuff was more desired than the newer stuff - 2 from the first, 2 from the second, and 2 from the newer albums. Although I would have much preceded more from HT, I'm still glad we're getting some at all. LP pack 02 must have "Points of Authority" and "New Divide" though. Those are a must.
  • LollipopChoobLollipopChoob Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Just as I assumed, filled with a bunch of popular singles I don't care so much for. I'll probably pick up In the End.
  • LiquiDLeaD23LiquiDLeaD23 Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    My first paid RB3 purchase! So happy we have more Linkin Park.
  • Happy DragonHappy Dragon Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Damnit!

I really wanted to save a bit of money next week.....:(
    You're breaking my bank here HMX.

Glad to see LP finally gets some more songs, and a good batch too. Probably getting everything.
    Most happy to see "Numb" as it's always been my favourite track from them.
    Look forward to seeing a Linkin Park Pack 02 down the road.

Cheers!
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited January 2011
    As a very limited Linkin Park fan, I'm glad it's a choice cuts pack and I'll definitely be picking it up early Tuesday morning.

Does "more info Friday" mean possibly more tracks than what has been announced? There seem to be a couple of popular songs that could have been added to the pack if so. Faint, Breaking the Habit, New Divide, No More Sorrow, Papercut, etc.
  • T-PrimeT-Prime Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    Musicfreak82515;4248858 said:
    Man, no Breaking the Habit? That's a bummer.

I'll prolly pick up the whole pack instead of just buying everything but that new track (just to save points).

My optimism is saying more info will equal more goodies.

This. A thousand times this.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    In the End on Pro Keys will be ****ing epic, their last two albums are mediocre, but at a buy 6 for 5 song deal I'll get the whole pack.

This pack will be like 700% better than GH LP-pack YAY
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Everything from Hybrid Theory and Meteora... hell yes! Will have to give a listen to the other two, but I'll most likely get everything with pro upgrades.
  • PUNKSTER93PUNKSTER93 Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    hell yes! early old linkin park songs FTW!!!
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Well, after listening I can say the only bad song is the one from the new album, but I'll get the whole pack regardless of that. The other five totally make up for it.
  • 4lic4lic Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Awesome week. I only want A Place For My Head now.

Thanks HMX