Paul!!! Stop making a grown man cry!

CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
edited January 2011 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Seriously, am i the only person that nearly cries when hearing "The End of The End" by McCartney?

If you have'nt heard it, buy it on iTunes or whatever..

Comments

• Arsenal-LadArsenal-Lad Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    It went pretty close the first times I heard it, it's such a sad song but a beautiful one too. But I haven't listen to a song that ever makes me cry.
  • clarknovaclarknova Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Yes, you are. But I cry out loud when I listen to most of the crap Paul has released post-Press to Play. Ah well.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited January 2011
    clarknova;4252264 said:
    But I cry out loud when I listen to most of the crap Paul has released post-Press to Play.

Go away.
    edited January 2011
    Why? Because it's true? Macca's been running on fumes for ages now. Not that he needs hits, but he's no longer inspired. Chaos and Creation in the Back Yard was fine, but Memory Almost Full was a snooze. Ditto Driving Rain. Run Devil Run was basically Choba b CCCP Part II, and the constant live albums are unnecessary. Flowers in the Dirt was half decent, and Off the Ground was rubbish. "Biker Like an Icon"? Please.
  • Arsenal-LadArsenal-Lad Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    clarknova;4253377 said:
    Why? Because it's true? Macca's been running on fumes for ages now. Not that he needs hits, but he's no longer inspired. Chaos and Creation in the Back Yard was fine, but Memory Almost Full was a snooze. Ditto Driving Rain. Run Devil Run was basically Choba b CCCP Part II, and the constant live albums are unnecessary. Flowers in the Dirt was half decent, and Off the Ground was rubbish. "Biker Like an Icon"? Please.

Just two quick facts. You don't need to listen to it if you think it's rubbish. Also you don't need to whine about it here.
    edited January 2011
    Arsenal-Lad;4253389 said:
    Just two quick facts. You don't need to listen to it if you think it's rubbish. Also you don't need to whine about it here.

Those aren't fact, Lad. Those are your opinions. I just find most of what he's done as of late completely uninspiring. Don't tell me what I'm allowed and not allowed to post here. I'm sorry that I forgot that some fans can't take criticism when their heroes release pap. Need I take it all the way back to the Wings Wild Life LP for you? Although, that stinker was far greater than anything Paulie's released in the past 20 years.
    edited January 2011
    Are you proud now, kid?

You came, pissed on this thread, told us McCartney makes rubbish music and act cool. What more do you need to crap out, before you HOPEFULLY leave?
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    I gotta somewhat agree with clarknova. I haven't enjoyed any of Paul's newer songs, including the one you posted in the first post. I'm not saying it's bad or that it's ruined Paul's career. He established himself as one of the best musicians ever a LONG time ago. A few bad songs (IMO at least) won't change that. If you like his new songs, I'm glad for you. But I personally don't.
    edited January 2011
    OK you guys don't like it. This thread was made because i heard the song and for the first time really understood it.

Then comes pointless post about Paul, and if you want to make that opinion, create your own thread. This thread was intended for the song, not hes career. Also i like many of hes songs.

Really, where is the mods!
    edited January 2011
    CaptainKicker;4253718 said:
    Then comes pointless post about Paul, and if you want to make that opinion, create your own thread.
    Just don't make it in this subforum.
    CaptainKicker;4253718 said:
    Really, where is the mods!
    Dead subforum, so they'll never bother to look here. The last time they locked a thread in here was like...

EDIT: ...Here and that was months ago from someone trying to sell a kiosk.

Or maybe we're just too goody two-shoes and follow the rules around here :p
  • edited January 2011
    clarknova;4253425 said:
    Those aren't fact, Lad. Those are your opinions.

There's something to be said for opinions presented in a respectful way.

No, you don't have to like everything (or anything) that someone else likes, but when the OP posts about a song that is clearly important to him and evokes a serious emotional response what do you gain by coming into the thread and dismissing that as crap?

Disagreement is fine, but you can also disagree and not post or post a more even handed response like MostSpartan14 made. Just remember that no one likes having the stuff they love called crap.
    edited January 2011
  • bridog7bridog7 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    CaptainKicker;4251429 said:
    Seriously, am i the only person that nearly cries when hearing "The End of The End" by McCartney?

If you have'nt heard it, buy it on iTunes or whatever..

I Bought the Album on Itunes like last year. This is a great song. Its a sad and beautiful song and i disagree with people who dislike it. and your not the only person who nearly cries listening to it.
    edited January 2011
    Dude, you seriously need to calm down. I own all of Macca's stuff, save for some of those recent live albums. I'm a fan, but my ears aren't deaf. And before you say something inane like "Well why do you own all those albums if you don't like them?", I own them because I keep hoping he'll crank out something interesting. Tell me honestly you love all of his work. Jesus, even the Beatles themselves had stinkers on their albums. Saying that, though, doesn't mean I don't like them. It just means I don't blindly pray at their altar and gush over every note they ever recorded.
    edited January 2011
    hmxhenry;4253741 said:
    There's something to be said for opinions presented in a respectful way.

No, you don't have to like everything (or anything) that someone else likes, but when the OP posts about a song that is clearly important to him and evokes a serious emotional response what do you gain by coming into the thread and dismissing that as crap?

Disagreement is fine, but you can also disagree and not post or post a more even handed response like MostSpartan14 made. Just remember that no one likes having the stuff they love called crap.
    Henry,

If you actually read the post you'd see I didn't call THAT song crap at all, so let's get that one set straight first. Secondly, I was saying that I found Paul's work of the past 20 years or so to not be his best. It was tongue in cheek, I thought, but I was told to go away and treated "like crap" by the fanboys. So be it.
  • ZepHeatherZepHeather Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    Where *are* the mods... isn't that what you mean?

Dude, just as you have your opinion about the song (that it makes you weep like a man child), Nova can have HIS opinion just the same (that he weeps out LOUD post-1986).

Thank you.
    edited January 2011
    We are noticed by Henry! (and just after I post...)
    edited January 2011
    ZepHeather;4253986 said:
    Where *are* the mods... isn't that what you mean?

Does it matter?! But im sorry, i was'nt born and raised with english as my main language. I can see, no one understood what i meant.

Darn, some people...
  • Backbeat60-62Backbeat60-62 Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    I love the song, CaptainKicker, but it is the kind of song I don't listen to often because of the emotional attachment. It's like I don't want to be listening to Christmas songs out of season - it's the kind of a song that has a time and a place. Therefore it's not taken lightly. He is such a prolific songwriter. Out of the sheer volume of music Paul has released in the past 20~ years, there's a lot of great tunes.. personally I would rather listen to "First Stone", "Rough Ride", or "Cosmically Conscious". I really enjoy his underground techno-metal release from several years ago.
  • JoeSaintsFanJoeSaintsFan Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    clarknova;4253824 said:
    Henry,

If you actually read the post you'd see I didn't call THAT song crap at all, so let's get that one set straight first. Secondly, I was saying that I found Paul's work of the past 20 years or so to not be his best. It was tongue in cheek, I thought, but I was told to go away and treated "like crap" by the fanboys. So be it.

You're probably flirting with a ban right now, you know that.