Do RBN authors plan to do RB3 versions as well?

Chemical PhoenixChemical Phoenix Road Warrior
edited January 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Dunno if this has been brought up but I'm curious to see if this method of "updating" tracks will be seen on RBN once it supports the new features.

Comments

• PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Sadly most of the songs' sales won't warrant an upgrade :(
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited January 2011
    I believe it is more up to the artists than the authors, unless people are self-authoring.

I will say that the final EP version of "Stereo Stereo" will be a separate RBN release, and by this time RBN 2.0 will be in full gear. The changes will be significant enough that they will almost be different songs though, so it's sort of an RBN 2.0 Version but not really.
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Ultra Saturday is doing basically the same thing as Kingtony. We'll be re-releasing "Superhero!", "Not My Fault" and "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" with the "RBN 2.0' versions actually being brand new re-records. After those songs were recorded we added a keyboardist and decided to re-record everything with keys and 3 part harmonies. So while these songs are re-releases they will likely be labeled as (Album Version) or something of the sort.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    I dare say most artists and authors would probably rather release another song through RBN2.0 than update an old one. I'm sure there will be a few RB3 versions released but I doubt we'll see that many overall.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    So...the answer is: Maybe.

And when it does happen, there will be people who decry it as if it was the most corrupt practice imaginable.
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Our current position (correct me if I'm wrong, Markleford) is Yes...

a) if it makes sense for the song to be in RB3
    b) if there's any indication anyone wants it
    c) if we darn well feel like it.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    I would repurchase >50% of my early RBN songs just to have pro drums.
  • edited January 2011
    Santa Claustrophobia;4252504 said:
    So...the answer is: Maybe.

And when it does happen, there will be people who decry it as if it was the most corrupt practice imaginable.

I don't think people will be pissed. I haven't seen anyone complain about the 2x bass Pedal versions yet