RBN song you just CAN'T stop playing?

weeyooweeyoo Road Warrior
edited February 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I'm just curious as to if anyone out there has a song they just can't get enough of playing from the RBN?

As for me, I just can't stop playing Obfuscation by Between the Buried and Me!! Its 9 straight minutes of pure fun on drums AND guitar! Its like a requirement to play this song at least once when I get on Rock Band :D

Comments

• Deeznutzs27Deeznutzs27 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Mine changes quite a bit but currently its Nonpoint - Alive and Kicking. Great guitar chart IMO and the vocals are very very fun.
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited January 2011
    "Why Bother?" - Scratching The Itch
    "Midnight Eyes" - Rose of Jericho
    "The Touch" - Stan Bush
  • GigakoopsGigakoops Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Rainbowdragoneyes - Creatures ov Deception
    Nautiluz - Chasing the Light
    iwerstledabearonce - You Ain't No Family
  • decyferdownrocksdecyferdownrocks Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    weeyoo;4252589 said:
    I'm just curious as to if anyone out there has a song they just can't get enough of playing from the RBN?

As for me, I just can't stop playing Obfuscation by Between the Buried and Me!! Its 9 straight minutes of pure fun on drums AND guitar! Its like a requirement to play this song at least once when I get on Rock Band :D
    This is seeming like a plan to get people to agree with you that Obfuscation is the best song on the RBN because it is made by BTBAM

But on topic, Battlesoul
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited January 2011
    "Have Faith In Me"
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited January 2011
    "Daisy" by Fang Island,for sure.
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited January 2011
    "Buster Voodoo"- Rodrigo y Gabriela...frekin amazing song on guitar...ya its not "thrash metal" but its still pretty difficult and really fun......and the verse is insanely catchy

Honorable mentions:
    The Funeral - Band of Horses
    Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina
    Cory Wong - Upstream
    Business Time - FOTC
    Beautiful - Andy Kirk
    Blackberry River Band - Santa Fe
    both Gov't Mule songs
    all 4 Widespread Panic songs
    all 5 Inkubus Sukkubus songs
  • Starfleet_RamboStarfleet_Rambo Headliner
    edited January 2011
    Sister Sin - On Parole
    Kill Hannah - Strobe Lights
    Evanescence - Going Under
  • RHCPgroupie42RHCPgroupie42 Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Rainbowdragoneyes - Creatures ov Deception (funnest guitar ive ever played, hands down)
    The Word Alive - Hounds of Anubis
    Sybreed - Doomsday Party
  • RHCPgroupie42RHCPgroupie42 Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    weeyoo;4253078 said:
    Why would I want to put that extra effort into getting people to agree with me on something so small? And how would this thread change a persons opinion on their favorite RBN track just by reading it??

Trust dude, I've been in love with BtBam for a long time, and I would probably do that. Its just the nature of us BtBam fans.
    But seriously though, best band ever. Saw them in May last year, SICK ASS SHOW! and I met Paul. *girly giggle*
  • XeMpLiFyyXeMpLiFyy Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    For me, it has to be Creatures ov Deception by Rainbowdragoneyes.

Even if I do 3 star it on drums. :P One of two songs in all of RB that I can't at least 4 star, the other is Curse You All Men. This one is just BRUTAL.
  • Deeznutzs27Deeznutzs27 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    kingtonyx;4252688 said:
    "Have Faith In Me"

Straight up awesome song to play.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Right now, it'd have to be mostly It's Complicated by A Day To Remember. Mainly because I'm so happy to finally have another at least decent A Day To Remember song to play.

Other ones I'm playing include Donuts, Go Nuts!, White Knuckles and Embrace Your Rage.
  • 4lic4lic Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Marillion - Whatever is Wrong With You
    Mindflow - Destructive Device
    Children of Nova songs
    The Slip - Even Rats
    Arsis - We Are the Nightmare

pretty much everything that has some good bass and isn't buried in the mix.
  • war_lordwar_lord Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    I've played Rx by Wounded Soul at least once pretty much everytime I've turned on the game since it was released for the PS3. Way to go, davidshek :) Of course there may be some reason influencing why I like that song so much... *Glances at his avatar*

Buster Voodoo and Haruman also get played quite a bit... I find those incredibly fun and challenging.

Then of course the big names also get played quite a bit (KMFDM, Jonathan Coulton, Third Eye Blind, and Seether in particular).
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    I play the HELL out of the Apples in Stereo songs. Travellers in Time and Space was one of my favorite albums last year, and I'd wager that being able to play along helped that along a bit.
  • BeachGuyBeachGuy Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    I love playing The Way You Move by Since October on guitar. According to Wikipedia, this song is being featured on ESPN college basketball this winter. Great song!!
  • JigenJigen Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Far Away From Heaven - Free Spirit
    On Parole - Sister Sin
    Mechanical Love - In This Moment

I like Let Us Slay, but we need more from GWAR!!!

BRING BACK THE BOMB!!!!!!!
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited January 2011
    Just "listened" to the Youtube clip the OP posted...and my ears are bleeding. What the hell is with that garbled yelling. I can't imagine anyone wanting to play that song as a singer but what do I know?

On topic: I have a hard time playing any of the RBN songs right now since most of the ones I have are charted incorrectly for Pro Drums. But, I still enjoy any of the Band of Horses and Seether songs and usually play a couple of them everytime I play.
  • Tom ImpTom Imp Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    "Guitar Sound" by Ronald Jenkees

It's probably the one song where you can actually play the keys on the guitar part and be doing it the way it's meant to be played.
  • KooleKyleKooleKyle Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    The Ultimate Showdown, and both Flogging Molly Songs. Business Time is played at parties, and so is Bodies.
  • j1mmypj1mmyp Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Uncivilized by Texas in July
  • exploderexploder Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    the ultimate showdown
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited January 2011
    also the newer Attack Attack! songs, "Relentless Chaos", ADTR, etc
  • sozozososozozoso Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    I'm the same as the OP, Between the Buried and Me : Obfuscation is so much fun to play and my fav song to play right now. I must say I absolutely hate the vocals, but I hardly notice them since Im so busy concentrating on what I am playing.

I also really enjoy
    Amberian Dawn : Valkyries and Lionheart
    Otep : Smash the Control Machine
    Children of Nova : The Complexity of Light
    Quartered : Africa (what an awesome deal $0.99 for such a great song)
    Testament : Henchmen Ride
  • chancla101chancla101 Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    "Seven" by Sunny Day Real Estate

It is the funnest song on the drums.

I play PRO EXPERT Drums. And I've gone through 3 drum sets.
    I have BROKEN A ROCK BAND 2-3 Pedal.
    I know my stuff.
  • cwilburcwilbur Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    BachiG;4266843 said:
    On topic: I have a hard time playing any of the RBN songs right now since most of the ones I have are charted incorrectly for Pro Drums. But, I still enjoy any of the Band of Horses and Seether songs and usually play a couple of them everytime I play.
    I feel your pain, but most of the stuff that's come out since about mid-November has had pro drums charted. Since I got RB3 I've tried to make sure I only buy stuff that's marked as pro on this page, or I've confirmed the presence of toms myself from the demo.
    BeachGuy;4266743 said:
    I love playing The Way You Move by Since October on guitar. According to Wikipedia, this song is being featured on ESPN college basketball this winter. Great song!!

I've been playing this one a lot myself, plus Control by BulletProof Messenger and especially Dawn of a Million Souls by Ayreon (disclaimer: I own the entire Ayreon discography on CD, so that one's a no-brainer for me).
  • TorqueAODTorqueAOD Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    All of Jonathon Coulton's Songs

Bang Camaro - Bang Camaro

The Slip - Even Rats

Stan Bush - The Touch
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    The 'radio hits' songs...

Finger 11 - Paralyzer
    Seether
    3rd Eye Blind
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Drowning Pool - Bodies
  • GigakoopsGigakoops Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    BachiG;4266843 said:
    Just "listened" to the Youtube clip the OP posted...and my ears are bleeding. What the hell is with that garbled yelling. I can't imagine anyone wanting to play that song as a singer but what do I know?

I happen to enjoy "singing" to this kind of music. It's a lot of fun, and it's also great to play on the instruments, if you're looking for a challenge.