No More RBN dlc for the Wii! Discuss!

master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
edited January 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Next Tuesday, 1/18/2010, will also be the last scheduled batch of Rock Band Network songs brought over to the Wii. With the smaller online install base, limited demand for releases so far and the significant amount of work it takes for our producers and audio team to convert and process these additional tracks we’re no longer able to continue submitting RBN content to the Wii. Regular Wii DLC, and RBN releases for the 360 and PS3 will continue uninterrupted.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213411

Looks like time to upgrade systems, but if sales are really that bad, then maybe no one was really into the songs anyways.

I always said was way too much metal and unknowns for my taste, and with the wii, most are more family friendly I would assume right?

Sorry to inform you guys of this, just thought it was interesting that this happened and yet no one seems to be talking about it.

Comments

• rodent43rodent43 Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    master2uall;4256864 said:
    Next Tuesday, 1/18/2010, will also be the last scheduled batch of Rock Band Network songs brought over to the Wii. With the smaller online install base, limited demand for releases so far and the significant amount of work it takes for our producers and audio team to convert and process these additional tracks we’re no longer able to continue submitting RBN content to the Wii. Regular Wii DLC, and RBN releases for the 360 and PS3 will continue uninterrupted.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213411

Looks like time to upgrade systems, but if sales are really that bad, then maybe no one was really into the songs anyways.

I always said was way too much metal and unknowns for my taste, and with the wii, most are more family friendly I would assume right?

Sorry to inform you guys of this, just thought it was interesting that this happened and yet no one seems to be talking about it.

Would this mean the producers and audio team would have time to look at RB1, Lego, ACDC import then? ;)

I have never used any RBN so I can not moan but I do wish the Wii had the ability to import all previous RB titles...

I can not afford to replace all my RB games, DLC, console and hardware just to play, even though its the most played game in my house...

oh well :(
  • ludist210ludist210 Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    BHchurchil;4256884 said:
    Let's hope that HMX doesn't do the same thing with regular DLC on wii.
    I'm afraid it could be coming to that. That's more of a knock on Nintendo than Harmonix, since Nintendo doesn't promote a good online environment to the Wii (or DS). Maybe all of that will change with the 3DS.

Still, this doesn't surprise me. I wasn't expecting RBN songs on the Wii in the first place.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited January 2011
    While metal is the most represented genre, it is no where close to the majority of the songs. Last time someone did a percentage breakdown, it was less than 20% I believe. There are over 800 RBN songs, so more than 600 non-metal songs.

I don't think this is a bad sign for RBN (of course not a good sign). It was a bonus that the Wii was getting any songs at all as many people didn't expect it to happen. As long as the 360 and PS3 keep going strong, I don't see this as any doom for RBN.
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    rodent43;4256912 said:
    Would this mean the producers and audio team would have time to look at RB1, Lego, ACDC import then?
    If I was on the WII I would worry that this means that there will never be exports because of the same reasons stated in the RBN thread.....
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited January 2011
    Casto21;4256919 said:
    While metal is the most represented genre, it is no where close to the majority of the songs. Last time someone did a percentage breakdown, it was less than 20% I believe. There are over 800 RBN songs, so more than 600 non-metal songs.

I don't think this is a bad sign for RBN (of course not a good sign). It was a bonus that the Wii was getting any songs at all as many people didn't expect it to happen. As long as the 360 and PS3 keep going strong, I don't see this as any doom for RBN.
    Maybe on the xbox that is the case, but those numbers are not the same on the ps3, it is alot higher % of metal on ps3. just saying.
  • Chuck_NorrisChuck_Norris Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    master2uall;4256885 said:
    Also on a side note, even though I make the comment nothing but metal from rbn, there have still been quite a few gems come thru that I am glad I have had the chance to buy. The best one is my fav song Bodies.

Band of horses is kickass, and so is the lovehatehero song.

I got around 100 or so songs. nom nom nom nom nom is cool too.

just too much metal everyweek for me.

but hope it keeps living on ps3, hate to see it fail because im sure it helps alot of people and gets more music in the game each week.

Just listened to the Band of Horses songs- I like. Do the pro drums work properly on them?
  • rodent43rodent43 Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    peterock2007;4256923 said:
    If I was on the WII I would worry that this means that there will never be exports because of the same reasons stated in the RBN thread.....

I agree, it would be nice to think that the time would be reallocated in the way of looking at some of the issues Wii users have but I think its more that Wii is maybe to much work...

I have never posted on here or anywhere moaning, ranting or whatever over any of the Wii issues, missing dlc etc but I do personally think RB will end up a XBOX and maybe PS game...

I am one of those few that is a one console household so RB will most likely come to an end for me at some point, shame as I mentioned, most popular game in our house, whole family play it...just can not afford to replace
  • IBKIBKIBKIBK Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    The rbn songs are delayed week after week here, how are we going to buy them if they release them a month later? Limited demand is a lame excuse.

Wii has sold more copies of the game than PS3, harmonix simply doesn't care.
    significant amount of work? Are they working for free or are they lazy?

Maybe it's the time to stop supporting harmonix.
  • kriskokrisko Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    This is terrible news. Now granted, I only bought three RBN tracks because I had no interest in songs from "obscure alternative/metal band X" , but this is a low, low blow for the players on Wii that do. Between this, no free songs, limited exporting(don't care
    about that one really) and no patching, I'm very, very , very close to wanting to switch consoles. About the only things that are keeping me on the Wii are the Nintendo titles, Virtual Console/WiiWare, and having a friend who I play RB with online frequently, and even then, college has put a serious dent into how much time I actually spend with the system.
  • The-Dude1212The-Dude1212 Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    I was delaying my DLC purchases on Wii because I realized if I was going to get a full RB3 experience at all, might as well drop far too much cash than I liked on a 360. If they're so quick to drop Wii support when we were far more vocal about it than the PS3 community IMO, then I don't think I'll be getting a 360, period.

Keyboard is nice, but call me when you have pro-sax in your game. I'm out.
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Feel bad for the wii crowd on this one.

Sometimes things just don't work out.

HMX's view of the franchise just doesn't mesh very well with Nintendo's view of how the wii and wii online should be run. Shame really.
    edited January 2011
    This is nothing about Nintendo. The rbn songs of december 16th were released yesterday.
    edited January 2011
    IBKIBK;4256980 said:
    This is nothing about Nintendo. The songs of december 16th were released yesterday.
    The Billy Joel Songs? They've been in the store for more than a day.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited January 2011
    Damn. It's surprising news and unfortunate. I hope it doesn't mean anything for the PS3, but you never can tell. My condolences to the Wii users.
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    I'm not surprised by this, have you seen the sales for DLC/RBN on the Wii? They're extremely horrible!
    edited January 2011
    ludist210;4256983 said:
    The Billy Joel Songs? They've been in the store for more than a day.

RBN songs, have you read the title of the thread?
    edited January 2011
    IBKIBK;4256980 said:
    This is nothing about Nintendo. The songs of december 16th were released yesterday.

The date they were released really doesn't matter. When a song is eventually released it doesn't sell well enough. The fact is HMX is a business and the sales of RBN songs didn't justify the costs to get them on the Wii. They aren't going to continue to invest time and money in something that isn't profitable.

The fact that the Wii is losing the RBN songs is sad. I wish it had performed better and/or didn't have as much cost porting.
    edited January 2011
    IBKIBK;4256987 said:
    RBN songs, have you read the title of the thread?
    You got me there, but you weren't specific. December 16 was a Thursday, not a day when songs drop on any console.
    edited January 2011
    Casto21;4256988 said:
    The date they were released really doesn't matter. When a song is eventually released it doesn't sell well enough. The fact is HMX is a business and the sales of RBN songs didn't justify the costs to get them on the Wii. They aren't going to continue to invest time and money in something that isn't profitable.

The fact that the Wii is losing the RBN songs is sad. I wish it had performed better and/or didn't have as much cost porting.

So the date doesn't matter. No, you can sell a lot releasing the songs of an entire month yesterday. The delays in rbn wii are always like that. How can you say limited demand if you don't release the song? The first rbn songs released were around november. Your argument is lame.
  • wrestlefan2wrestlefan2 Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Terrible news. THIS SUX!!! I loved RBN and have lots of the songs downloaded (roughly at least 80 of them that came to the Wii if I remember correctly).

I know I might not be the normal Wii user, but I loved the RBN songs...I kept checking every week to see which new song for us and old catalog for other systems we were getting via RBN.

In fact, I prefered the RBN songs to the regular DLC songs.

I heard about RBN 2.0 support KEYS and I was going to wait to buy more in hope we would get the RBN 2.0 songs.

Wish they would just release them like to normal songs for the Wii players so we can get them. This means that my FAV 80s song of ALL TIME may not come to the Wii for RBN 2.0 and it was annoouced as to be a first in the RBN 2.0 list.

That song:

PAC-MAN FEVER (I WANT THIS SONG MORE THAN ANYTHING AND I HAVE WII). In fact, I'd purchase the WHOLE PAC-MAN FEVER Album if it was available on the Wii to purchase.

This also means no RON WASSERMAN whom I was waiting for the hit the Wii and I wanted BOTH of the songs he had put on there.

The last 4 RBN songs I bought for the Wii were The Touch, (Do You Want to Date My) Avatar, & Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom, & Last Train to Awesometown. (I love and was hoping for more Parry Gripp to come)

Please let this not happen HMX. I NEED MY RBN Songs, I want the Sophie B Hawkins one, the other Stroke 9 song, the other Stand Bush song. I don't care if they are 100, 200, or 300 Wii points for those songs, I'd paid it just to get them.
  • Incondicional06Incondicional06 Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    Harmonix. I used to defend you when it came to Wii owners complaining. Now you really pissed me off. what's next? us not being able to download anything period? Maybe the demand was low because of the choices of songs you gave us. I personally was waiting for 7 songs that had already been available on the 360 to come for the Wii but no...now i cant get anything. Soon, I will realize that I will have thrown money into a black future. Maybe in this future you will stop releasing games for the Wii. I wouldnt be surprised. Are you trying to force us to change consoles? or are you trying to little by little lose your wii audience so you dont have to invest on the wii console anymore?

I know you guys gotta take care of your business, but you guys are really hurting us. Im really dissapointed now as well as my friends that i currently play with. please realize that this will cause people to stop investing on the wii downloads, maybe to the point that you will again have to make a decision and stop wii dlc...

Harmonix, at least do one last thing for us please. gives us another week, maybe not next week. but use a poll and ask wii users which songs they plan to buy before you completely shut down the store. please, im begging you. us wii owners will give responses to this poll and tell you exactly what songs we want. since you say that the demand is low this shouldnt be a long list. at the end you can just give us one last week of rbn songs that were requested by most. please, do this last one effort. im begging us Harmonix. If you guys feel any compassion, then do us this last favor. The hardcore wii community may be small, but we love your game just as much as any other hardcore game on 360 or ps3. we deserve one last treat. Thank you.
    edited January 2011
    IBKIBK;4257003 said:
    So the date doesn't matter. No, you can sell a lot releasing the songs of an entire month yesterday. The delays in rbn wii are always like that. How can you say limited demand if you don't release the song? The first rbn songs released were around november. Your argument is lame.

Do you really think HMX looks at one day sales to make this decision. They have months of data they used to make this call. How is this hard to understand?
  • SpriteSprite Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    I have bought a decent share of DLC and I'm sad to see it go, though I too was suprised to see it show up. I will miss the opportunity to get the 8 songs on the entire list that never got ported as well as the the pac-man fever song that was expected. Maybe in another 6 months they'll have another decent collection of marketable songs to make it worth their wild.
  • wrestlefan2wrestlefan2 Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Incondicional06;4257012 said:
    Harmonix. I used to defend you when it came to Wii owners complaining. Now you really pissed me off. what's next? us not being able to download anything period? Maybe the demand was low because of the choices of songs you gave us. I personally was waiting for 7 songs that had already been available on the 360 to come for the Wii but no...now i cant get anything. Soon, I will realize that I will have thrown money into a black future. Maybe in this future you will stop releasing games for the Wii. I wouldnt be surprised. Are you trying to force us to change consoles? or are you trying to little by little lose your wii audience so you dont have to invest on the wii console anymore?

I know you guys gotta take care of your business, but you guys are really hurting us. Im really dissapointed now as well as my friends that i currently play with. please realize that this will cause people to stop investing on the wii downloads, maybe to the point that you will again have to make a decision and stop wii dlc...

Harmonix, at least do one last thing for us please. gives us another week, maybe not next week. but use a poll and ask wii users which songs they plan to buy before you completely shut down the store. please, im begging you. us wii owners will give responses to this poll and tell you exactly what songs we want. since you say that the demand is low this shouldnt be a long list. at the end you can just give us one last week of rbn songs that were requested by most. please, do this last one effort. im begging us Harmonix. If you guys feel any compassion, then do us this last favor. The hardcore wii community may be small, but we love your game just as much as any other hardcore game on 360 or ps3. we deserve one last treat. Thank you.

I have to agree on this one. Poll us and then release the top 20 or 30 songs on the list that the Wii users want and then see how much money you make from that week.

I'm sure you will see (if you do this) that getting rid of the RBN on the WII is a VERY BAD move. I just wish you would have put of the songs I wanted most on the WII RBN before you decided to close it.

Like to poster I quoted stated, not I will never be able to get the songs I was looking forward to getting one day.
  • Dylan619Dylan619 Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    This is a good thing, now HMX can focus on the main dlc so we dont get a three pack or one song for a week
  • JohnnyRhythmJohnnyRhythm Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Dylan619;4257022 said:
    This is a good thing, now HMX can focus on the main dlc so we dont get a three pack or one song for a week

I was thinking the same thing, still sucks for the rockers on the wii though
    edited January 2011
    Casto21;4257011 said:
    Do you really think HMX looks at one day sales to make this decision. They have months of data they used to make this call. How is this hard to understand?

Months of data, do you really read? Rbn is being in wii only for a couple of months, and with delays ALL the weeks. Where the hell is your data?
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Dylan619;4257022 said:

Well, that's just a tad selfish.

Sucks for you Wii owners. Really does. Don't mean to rub it in or anything, but I'm super glad I own all 3 consoles. You guys should really think about investing :)
  • jwebb1970jwebb1970 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Being that I have only ever DL-ed 2 RBN tracks (Flight of the Conchords) and have had zero interest in the other offereings sent to the Wii so far....not losing sleep over this.

But also considering that those 2 tracks are part of a much larger 500 track Library...umm....don't **** with regular Wii DLC, HMX!!!!! This is one of your most regular Wii DLC customers talking here!
  • jwebb1970jwebb1970 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    IBKIBK;4257034 said:
    Months of data, do you really read? Rbn is being in wii only for a couple of months, and with delays ALL the weeks. Where the hell is your data?

RBN tracks for Wii started popping up during RB2 - it's been more than a couple of months.