RBN No longer available on Rock Band?

theminimoshertheminimosher Unsigned
edited January 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Hey guys, I couldn't see anything on the forum, but the Rock Band network isn't showing up on my copy of Rock Band 2 anymore, yet my friends is. Anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    If you're on the 360 and you cleared your cache (or got a new Xbox), then didn't connect to LIVE or refused to download the title update, the RBN store will not appear.
  • theminimoshertheminimosher Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    I have got a 360, with all the latest updates and Live etc, I'm thinking about buying Rock Band 3 just to get the RBN to show back up :(
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited January 2011
    I do know that as of the 15th of February that the RBN will only be accessible through the RB3 interface.

Reference for proof .

Maybe it has something to do with that....?
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    DrowGamer77;4260723 said:
    I do know that as of the 15th of February that the RBN will only be accessible through the RB3 interface.

Reference for proof .

Maybe it has something to do with that....?

I'm not so sure about that. New RBN songs will only be available to RB3 players, but I expect all RBN1.0 songs will still be in the RB2 RBN store.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited January 2011
    Hmm - I guess I read the info wrong.

That is curious about your RBN being blocked though...
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Oscarvarium;4260736 said:
    I'm not so sure about that. New RBN songs will only be available to RB3 players, but I expect all RBN1.0 songs will still be in the RB2 RBN store.

Yep, that's very much the case. No stores are getting closed off, they're just not getting updated anymore.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4261135 said:
    Yep, that's very much the case. No stores are getting closed off, they're just not getting updated anymore.

That article in the link is poorly written anyway.
    All the music and songs that had been included already will be ported over, yet to access the new network, you will have to use your copy of Rock Band 3 to access any of them.
    That section sure sounds like all RBN content ever will no longer be available for any Rock Band not numbered '3'. But then, the article is poorly sourced. Hell, the link to the story about RBN being pulled from the Wii goes to a page that doesn't even mention that.

I've read Twitter feeds that were more accurate and better sourced.
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited January 2011
    How can anyone not have updated to RB3 by now anyway?