ATTN: Drum chart error in Bright Midnight song

cwilburcwilbur Opening Act
edited January 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Hey,

I hope this is the best place to report this, but I just grabbed the demo of Killers of the Worst Type from the marketplace and played it on pro drums, and the disco beat is not flipped. If the author or some other authority could grab it back before it goes in the ingame store and fix it, that would probably be a real good idea....

Chuck

Comments

• OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    When you say 'not flipped', do you mean the cymbals are on yellow while the red is on snare? Because that's meant to be the case with pro drums. Because you have a yellow cymbal you can do a disco beat the way it's meant to be done.

Of course, if you mean the disco flip has Red for the cymbals and yellow cymbals for the snare then that is wrong, and it's technically not unflipped.
  • RA-elxRA-elx Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    Are there any notes properly designated for pro drums, or are all the tom hits on cymbals as well? We had corrected this issue when pro drums were added to the song. I wonder if an old build accidentally slipped into the pipeline.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    I'll download the demo in a bit to check. But 'not flipped' to me sounds like it's authored correctly.
  • cwilburcwilbur Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    When I say 'not flipped' I mean when you go from non-pro to pro drums the red stays red and the yellow stays yellow (cymbal), so the snare beat is hitting on a yellow cymbal.

@RA-elx, there were a few toms authored in the demo (a yellow right at the beginning and a couple more later in right before the messed up disco beat starts)
  • RA-elxRA-elx Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    Looks like it was actually a typo on the disco flip event in that case. Once the creators site is back up we will be unpublishing this so that it can be fixed and re-released. Thanks for the heads up.

Thankfully it won't be too long until we can audition in RB3 and be able to catch these errors in testing.
  • cwilburcwilbur Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Glad to help. I hate seeing charts posted that support the naysayers' view that RBN charts are inferior, so I'm glad to be able to do something to help catch mistakes.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Yay, I look forward to being able to review in RB3, as this type of issue is impossible to see before it actually hits the store and is played on RB3.