Question.

GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
edited January 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Okay, so i have a dilemma.

I wrote a song in early '09. My friend's band, As The Sin Fades, put music to it.

My new band, Voice of the Archangel, plans to revamp it into a heavy metal/metalcore song. Same lyrics (sans one or two lines from the second verse), and all.

Thing is, we both want to put our respective versions on RBN, and we don't know if we are allowed to put both versions up.

Answers please?

Comments

• OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Actually that's kind of a tricky one. Technically covers aren't allowed on RBN but since you wrote the song I'm not sure how that will be considered. I suspect that it would probably be fine, especially if you make a conscious effort to differentiate the two versions (maybe different titles). You might need to explain the situation to HMX though.
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Oscarvarium;4263506 said:
    especially if you make a conscious effort to differentiate the two versions (maybe different titles).

You mean like:

As The Sin Fades - Save Us (Punk Version)
    Voice of the Archangel - Save Us (Metal Version)
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Hmm, possibly. I meant a more significant title change though, to make it seem less like it's a cover version. The best way to go would be to contact Harmonix and tell them your situation, I can't imagine they'd have a problem with it if everyone involved from both bands is fine with it.