Keyboards and Pro guitar / bass on RBN

ginufine76ginufine76 Unsigned
edited January 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I have purchased a lot of RBN songs and I love them all. Are they going to have keyboards and pro guitar/bass as well? When? If I’m going to learn the guitar, I want to play everything I bought, not just downloads, ya dig?

Comments

  • EvolusEvolus Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    ginufine76;4263702 said:
    I have purchased a lot of RBN songs and I love them all. Are they going to have keyboards and pro guitar/bass as well? When? If I’m going to learn the guitar, I want to play everything I bought, not just downloads, ya dig?

    The Rock Band Network will never have pro guitar/bass parts, due to the complexity of the charts. RBN 2.0, however, is going to add support for keys and harmonies, and is tentatively scheduled for release on February 15th.
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Harmonix never said never, it's just that the peer review process is unlikely to be good enough for pro guitar/bass.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Exactly. Songs are hard enough now and everybody has the equipment. Adding in keys will slow things down. Throw in Pro guitar/bass and you're looking at a very tiny segment of people.

    While they may change their mind, it would probably take a massive amount of Mustang and Squier sales to do it. Otherwise, it isn't going to happen.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    I can peer review on easy pro guitar / medium pro bass. :D
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    RBN authors will NEVER have the option of PRO Guitar/Bass. What I personally think will happen is Harmonix will be able to select certain RBN songs and put PRO Guitar/Bass upgrades up on the marketplace themselves.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    So you enjoy setting yourself up for disappointment?
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    siee;4263989 said:
    RBN authors will NEVER have the option of PRO Guitar/Bass.

    That's neither your nor my decision. It's not too difficult to chart, I myself am working on a custom pro guitar chart for use in a PC game. It's that it's going to be hell for people to verify that it's accurate as a transcription to allow through the validation phase. I think as long as RBN authors are forced to only chart pro guitar/bass if the musicians provide accurate tab for how they play it, it could be as accurate as what Harmonix does.
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    raynebc;4264123 said:
    That's neither your nor my decision. It's not too difficult to chart, I myself am working on a custom pro guitar chart for use in a PC game.

    It's not the charting I'm really worried about, it's the reviewing.
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    If RBN authors were able to affirm that they charted the pro guitar track as the musicians indicated it is played, then there should be no problem for Harmonix to trust that it is OK as long as the sync and legacy tracks are peer reviewed as normal. The way it is now, I think that there's going to be a fair amount of difficulty for people to accurately chart and test pro keys. If RBN authors are not given sheet music and have to chart by ear, it can get tough very easy unless they have tons of real musical experience already. I tried to learn the organ intro to a song on my synthesizer once and I did fine until it hit chords, but then was dead in my tracks.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    raynebc;4264143 said:
    If RBN authors were able to affirm that they charted the pro guitar track as the musicians indicated it is played, then there should be no problem for Harmonix to trust that it is OK as long as the sync and legacy tracks are peer reviewed as normal. The way it is now, I think that there's going to be a fair amount of difficulty for people to accurately chart and test pro keys. If RBN authors are not given sheet music and have to chart by ear, it can get tough very easy unless they have tons of real musical experience already. I tried to learn the organ intro to a song on my synthesizer once and I did fine until it hit chords, but then was dead in my tracks.

    Pro keys is definitely a pain in the butt. Fortunately, Audition Mode is including reference pitch for vocals and pro keys. So, you can compare the tone that's played with the tone that's authored, even in chords, and anyone with decent pitch will know if it's sharp or flat.

    You're right in that more musical knowledge/experience is gonna be required. Which, being a drummer, is a scary notion. I know I know less than others, even within the team.
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    raynebc;4264143 said:
    there should be no problem for Harmonix to trust that it is OK
    No, RBN is not based on the concept of trust; it is based on the concept of reviewing and confirming, so that the chances of putting out a less than quality product are as small as possible. There may come a time, way way down the road where there is evidence of enough players who have mastered the Pro guitar and bass workings to review songs at the expert difficulty level (which is what would be required to pass those songs through review); until then, they need to (and will) remain inaccessible to RBN.
Sign In or Register to comment.