So, Is There Any J-Rock Actually Coming?

XtremeNightsXtremeNights Opening Act
edited January 2011 in The Rock Band Network
So since I read the new RBN 2.0 Genres, one of them had said J-Rock. So this makes me question, is there any J-Rock actually coming? I would like some confirmation on this, since I have always wanted J-Rock on Rock Band, and now that they added that genre, I am curious if there are any plans for J-Rock songs. If there is any info on this, that would be nice.

EDIT: I know this sort of sounds like it belongs in the Ultimate Setlist section, but I thought it would fit here.

Comments

• FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited January 2011
    Yes (sort of), while no official confirmations on specific bands from Japan, both Japan and Germany are enrolled with 2.0 now.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited January 2011
    If I ever get around to authoring... yes. I will be releasing songs in Japanese. But don't get your hopes up, because right now I'm just playtesting/PRing and I don't know if/when I'll get around to this.

I will say that I will be able to help test/PR songs in Japanese if anyone else authors... ;)
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    I thought that Battle Pink Robots on RB3 was a J-Rock song?
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    aggiesrul8;4270939 said:
    I thought that Battle Pink Robots on RB3 was a J-Rock song?

Nope, The Flaming Lips are from Oklahoma.
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4270947 said:
    Nope, The Flaming Lips are from Oklahoma.

I see that now. I guess I was basing that off more from the sound of the song (and my thoughts about what J-Rock sounds like) than the actual location of where the band is from. Thanks for the info!!
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited January 2011
    it certainly has the right sound aggies

I'd say that since we just recently found out about the inclusion of J-Rock as an RBN genre that those types of bands may have just been contacted, so it could be a little while til any of those contacts come to fruition.
  • XtremeNightsXtremeNights Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Well if anybody can actually author J-Rock, I hope someone tries to offer up a deal with "Ho-kago Tea Time", which is the band that makes the music for the anime "K-On!". K-On music would be really good for Rock Band, in fact, it's PERFECT! It has harmonies, keys, everything! GO GO MANIAC! comes to mind when I think of them.
  • DaxterDudeDaxterDude Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    XtremeNights;4271317 said:
    Well if anybody can actually author J-Rock, I hope someone tries to offer up a deal with "Ho-kago Tea Time", which is the band that makes the music for the anime "K-On!". K-On music would be really good for Rock Band, in fact, it's PERFECT! It has harmonies, keys, everything! GO GO MANIAC! comes to mind when I think of them.
    This guy has charted two of their songs. Fuwa Fuwa Time included. He does pretty well at charting this stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b5ZEkACxPY
  • DaxterDudeDaxterDude Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Silly thing is Harmonix had plans for a Rock Band: Japan. Two years later I heard word they scrapped the project. There is a lot of good J-Rock out there. I really hope this works out and we get LOADS of good J-Rock to compensate.
  • _PerfectAgent__PerfectAgent_ Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    If there's some in the pipeline, I'd buy quite a bit, and there are a few people I know who'd get into RB alot more if J-Rock was in it.
  • nekronekonekroneko Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    Well, I'd be up for some J-Rock. Please make it happen