New Beatles movie about...Time Travel?

CheeseLordCheeseLord Opening Act
edited January 2011 in The Beatles: Rock Band
http://collider.com/mark-waters-get-back-beatles/73265/

Found this online. It apparentally will be about Beatles fans going back in time to stop John from meeting Yoko. I love time travel and the Beatles but this doesn't sound good to me. WHat would John think? In my opinion Yoko gets alot of trash she doesn't diserve. If John loved her why can't people just accept her? Of coarse, I don't meen to rant, that's up to you guys.....

Let the arguments begin.

Comments

• gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    People don't like Yoko because then John wasn't available anymore. It's the same reason you hate your ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend or cat.
  • clarknovaclarknova Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    gamegyro56;4274123 said:
    People don't like Yoko because then John wasn't available anymore. It's the same reason you hate your ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend or cat.

I think people didn't like Yoko more for the profound influence she had on him, more than his availability.

I don't have anything against Yoko. The Beatles were going to be near the end of their collective ropes at that point regardless of who was dating whom. Indeed, she drove a wedge between Lennon and McCartney, but all of the Beatles quit the band at one point or another (save for Paul) from 1968-1970, so suffice it to say they were all getting tired of the grind, no matter how great the music was that was still coming out of their group.

Yoko's influenced a lot of artists and bands through the years. And it's funny for as much heat as she and John took for "Revolution #9," Paul himself was working on avant-garde stuff with the "Carnival of Light" track way before. So there's always been a lot of unnecessary crap hurled at Yoko, and even Linda McCartney as well. Both were influential ladies in myriad ways.
  • beatlesfan99beatlesfan99 Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    My Predictions On This Movie In a Nutshell:

They Go Back In Time

They stop John from meeting Yoko.

They find out that it was a bad choice and discovered that they would have broken up anyway, Or they don't break up and make a lot of crappy music ruining their legacy.

Fin.

Thats not necessarily what I actually think would've happened but thats the most marketable story line in my opinion. And nobody gets there feelings hurt...
    edited January 2011
    clarknova;4274241 said:
    I think people didn't like Yoko more for the profound influence she had on him, more than his availability.

I don't have anything against Yoko. The Beatles were going to be near the end of their collective ropes at that point regardless of who was dating whom. Indeed, she drove a wedge between Lennon and McCartney, but all of the Beatles quit the band at one point or another (save for Paul) from 1968-1970, so suffice it to say they were all getting tired of the grind, no matter how great the music was that was still coming out of their group.

Yoko's influenced a lot of artists and bands through the years. And it's funny for as much heat as she and John took for "Revolution #9," Paul himself was working on avant-garde stuff with the "Carnival of Light" track way before. So there's always been a lot of unnecessary crap hurled at Yoko, and even Linda McCartney as well. Both were influential ladies in myriad ways.

Yeah I was kinda joking about that...though not about comparing Yoko Ono to a cat.
    beatlesfan99;4274282 said:
    My Predictions On This Movie In a Nutshell:

They Go Back In Time

They stop John from meeting Yoko.

They find out that it was a bad choice and discovered that they would have broken up anyway, Or they don't break up and make a lot of crappy music ruining their legacy.

Fin.

Le Fin.
  • bridog7bridog7 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    I Got nothing against Yoko. But i still would like to see this movie.
  • Arsenal-LadArsenal-Lad Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    I would certainly not see this film because it would probably be a cheap piece of garbage. I bet if this will come it will be about two american college guys (who are supposed to be Beatles fans) and played by lousy actors and goes back in time to the 60s London and does a lot of stupid things. And also meets The Beatles played by four random english guys with a strange accent.

And I don't have anything against Yoko.
    edited January 2011
    Arsenal-Lad;4274887 said:
    I would certainly not see this film because it would probably be a cheap piece of garbage. I bet if this will come it will be about two american college guys (who are supposed to be Beatles fans) and played by lousy actors and goes back in time to the 60s London and does a lot of stupid things. And also meets The Beatles played by four random english guys with a strange accent.

And I don't have anything against Yoko.

You forgot the part where they go back in time via the use of a magical hot tub.
  • edschenedschen Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    The complete description. From this, it actually sounds significantly different than what is expected.

==

Get Back, a story about two music-obsessed friends who time travel to 1966 London to prevent John Lennon from meeting Yoko Ono, who they blame for the break-up of the Fab Four. But things get complicated when one of the guys gets caught up in a love triangle between the infamous lovers.
  • JoeSaintsFanJoeSaintsFan Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    edschen;4275782 said:
    The complete description. From this, it actually sounds significantly different than what is expected.

==

Get Back, a story about two music-obsessed friends who time travel to 1966 London to prevent John Lennon from meeting Yoko Ono, who they blame for the break-up of the Fab Four. But things get complicated when one of the guys gets caught up in a love triangle between the infamous lovers.

Now THAT is intresting.