Rock Band 3 Title Update Notes - 1/31

edited April 2011 in Rock Band
Hello Friends,

As HMXHenry alluded to in his post from December 2 (http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210000), we’ve been working on a new title update for Rock Band 3, and I’m very happy to announce that it is currently live on Xbox 360, and should be hitting on PS3 in US and Europe within 24 hours. We'll update when we know for sure the PS3 update is live. (Before you ask: Unfortunately, we’re not able to update titles on the Wii system, so this does not apply to Rock Band 3 for the Wii.)

In addition to numerous bug fixes and tweaks, possibly the most exciting component of this new title update is the arrival of RBN2.0. For those not in the know, this will add Harmonies, Keys, and Pro Keys authoring support for RBN songs. For more info on that, head over to http://creators.rockband.com!

Before I get into highlights of this update, we want to give the hugest of shoutouts to you, our community. Without your ongoing, detailed and constructive feedback, we would not have been able to pinpoint and address as many issues as we have here. It can be frustrating when you run into an issue with a game, but those of you who chose to proactively post your findings here on rockband.com instead of resigning yourself to “Well, that’s just the way it is,” are true heroes.

Enough chatting, on with the vital details!

GAMEPLAY CHANGES
  • The audio distortion (also referred to as a buzz, hiss, or squawk) that some PS3 Keyboard players experienced has been addressed.
  • For users experiencing trouble deploying Vocal Overdrive in certain audio setups, OD can now be deployed using the Back button on the controller. NOTE: this only works while in a valid Overdrive deploy section.
  • Overdrive can now be deployed using a Pedal with both the Mustang Pro Guitar and the Keyboard peripherals.
  • Scoring is disabled after a song has been paused multiple times (this prevent players from artificially inflating scores using the pause function).
  • The translucency of the track surface has been adjusted to make note gems are easier to see against the venue backgrounds.
  • Based on fan feedback, limited functionality for the Stage kit has been added to Rock Band 3. Please note that this 3rd-party peripheral is no longer officially supported, so we cannot guarantee full functionality with every file format (RB3, Pro-DLC), but basic functions should be reenabled.
ONLINE CHANGES
  • PS3 Voice Chat not properly working with headsets has been remedied.
  • Audio no longer distorts for remote players when whammying sustains in an online session.
  • To prevent blank tracks from appearing in online multiplayer, all members in an online multiplayer band must own the Pro upgrades to play a song with DLC pro upgrades.
MUSIC LIBRARY AND STORE CHANGES
  • Pro Guitar songs now sort themselves into the correct difficulty tiers.
  • Pro upgrade availability will now be more accurately reflected in the Music Store.
  • The following songs are now correctly appearing in the Music Library.
    [LIST]
  • Anvil - 666
  • Anvil - Metal on Metal
  • Anvil - This is Thirteen
  • Dinosaur Jr - Pick Me Up
  • Dinosaur Jr - The Wagon
  • Guess Who, The - Hand Me Down World
  • Guess Who, The - No Time
  • Tenacious D - Rock Your Socks
  • Avenged Sevenfold – Afterlife
[/LIST]

PRACTICE MODE CHANGES
  • An issue that prevented holding sustain notes on keys in the trainers has been addressed
  • Breakneck Speed now works in Practice Mode.
CRASH FIXES
  • Fixed a Character Creator crash related to a particular eyebrow asset or the generation of a random character.
  • Fixed assorted minor crashes, as well as minor scoring and text bugs.

Comments

• JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    i <3 HMX thanks for the update!! :D
  • TorqueAODTorqueAOD Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Glad to see the keyboard sound glitch gone. It scared the crap out of me the first time around.

Wait......I can finally activate Vocal OD with my controller now? OH GLORIOUS DAY.
  • vw_fetishvw_fetish Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Wonder if the random XMB crashes equates to "minor crashes" in the notes? Glad to see they addressed so much in this latest patch. Definitely glad they addressed the vocal overdrive and Keyboard squelch issues. Can't wait to check it all out tonight! Here's hoping to play the entire evening without being booted to the XMB!!!
  • TheRainbowTroutsTheRainbowTrouts Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Thanks Harmonix!! I'm off to get the Stage Kit from the Attic and find my fog juice \o/ My appologies if our group offended anyone there with our constant *****ing :cool:

Is there anyway we can tip you for adding the feature back? I must be at least 100 DLC songs behind now since RB3 came out, so I shall be picking them up for my RB3 party at the weekend.

You guys and gals are the bestest xx
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited January 2011
    Awesome that they found a fix for the OD activation on vox issue!
  • mike4001mike4001 Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    TheRainbowTrouts;4276998 said:
    Is there anyway we can tip you for adding the feature back?

Buy the game a couple of times ;)
  • TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited January 2011
    Okay, this patch is almost perfect. Afterlife and Proud Mary fixed? Check. Pro Guitar difficulty sorting fixed? Check. Alternative OD activation for vox and Pro G/K so I don't have to scream like Rob Halford and wave my guitar around madly? Check.

I also see that instead of giving us a venue select, you've made the highways less clear. Seems you guys are just too fond of your little video backgrounds and dive bars to let us avoid playing in them.
  • Deeznutzs27Deeznutzs27 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Sweet! I can deal with a button for overdrive. Thanks for giving us an option.. And stage kit too.. Very nice.. Have to go dust that thing off.
  • The_WurmThe_Wurm Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    HMXPope;4274172 said:
    ONLINE CHANGES
    • To prevent blank tracks from appearing in online multiplayer, all members in an online multiplayer band must own the Pro upgrades to play a song with DLC pro upgrades.

Wow, this really disappoints me. Instead of fixing the problem at all, they just killed it.

It's hard enough trying to find people with post-rb3 dlc, nevermind people that actually buy the pro guitar upgrade.
  • Ranger DRanger D Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Off to dust the stage kit off. Limited funtionality is better then no functionality. Thanks HMX!
  • MattyTMattyT Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    The_Wurm;4277014 said:
    Wow, this really disappoints me. Instead of fixing the problem at all, they just killed it.

It's hard enough trying to find people with post-rb3 dlc, nevermind people that actually buy the pro guitar upgrade.

That's what happens when people complain sometimes, you have to be careful what you wish for. Logically, to me, of course the game isn't going to be able to show you chart data that you don't have on your system. Which is why legacy versions aren't cross compatible with RB3 versions of the same song. It's about file formats, and how the game reads songs when you're playing with others.
  • karaokefreakkaraokefreak Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    To prevent blank tracks from appearing in online multiplayer, all members in an online multiplayer band must own the Pro upgrades to play a song with DLC pro upgrades.
    that is no fix, its a complete separation of player types. Sorry HMX dudes, the rest of the update is great, but this particular change is bad. It should be the other way around. Pro Charts should come with normal DLC in the first place and be unlocked for playing through buying a key. This way everyone could see the pro charts, but only the ones that bought the key can actively play it. Dunno if that works with the system you created, but it should be that way imho.

Now, I will probably not find any people to play pro guitar with...
  • CleverConveyenceCleverConveyence Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    "# Breakneck Speed now works in Practice Mode."

This is the only thing I care about, and I'll never get it because someone didn't care enough to get it right before it shipped on the Wii version.
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited January 2011
    And to the people who *****, complained, and were completely unreasonable in their criticisms of HMX, I present to you... This Patch!

You could argue that the unreasonable criticisms may have helped, but I firmly believe that calmly stating your cases would have been MUCH more constructive and achieved the same results.
  • G_tarRoCK3RG_tarRoCK3R Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Thanks for the fixes HMX you guys are awesome!

I am with The Wurm tho, now we won't be able to play pro guitar online anymore :(
  • JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited January 2011
    The most important part about this patch:

It will hopefully get some people to shut the hell up. These forums have been almost unreadable for a few months now.
  • DANfanDANfan Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    Great that they put back some functionality for the Stage Kit as it was just sitting on my shelf collecting dust since I stopped playing Rock Band 2. Hopefully you guys at the forum can compile a list of songs that do not work with it though. I bet anything before the Bob Marley pack (The last official DLC before Rock Band 3 came out) does work with the Stage Kit.

And anybody know the limit of pausing the game will allow before it disables the scoring and you have to start all over again? I simply want to know considering how much people have to pause during the middle of a song for messages from either the PS3 or the 360.
  • AppleTrakAppleTrak Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Thank you many times over for adding Stage Kit support into RB3.
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Does the OD Mustang fix apply to the Squier?

Any word on Blockhead mics?
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    The_Wurm;4277014 said:

karaokefreak;4277031 said:
    that is no fix, its a complete separation of player types. Sorry HMX dudes, the rest of the update is great, but this particular change is bad. It should be the other way around. Pro Charts should come with normal DLC in the first place and be unlocked for playing through buying a key. This way everyone could see the pro charts, but only the ones that bought the key can actively play it. Dunno if that works with the system you created, but it should be that way imho.

Now, I will probably not find any people to play pro guitar with...

I try to keep up with post-RB3 DLC, and I do buy the pro-guitar upgrades (though I don't play pro-guitar myself). If you play on Xbox360, feel free to add me. My gamertag: KlgDeathYodel
  • edited January 2011
    The patch is a who's who of the most popular criticisms of the game.... stage kit, vocal overdrive, missing songs, and transparent note highway (which was my pet peeve personally).

Very exciting to see a lot of requests and wishes filled out.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited January 2011
    Thanks for the patch guys, not sure when I can get back to playing it though, been one really bad week. But thanks anyways.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited January 2011
    HMXPope;4274172 said:
    • For users experiencing trouble deploying Vocal Overdrive in certain audio setups, OD can now be deployed using the Back button on the controller. NOTE: this only works while in a valid Overdrive deploy section.
    • Overdrive can now be deployed using a Pedal with both the Mustang Pro Guitar and the Keyboard peripherals.
    • Based on fan feedback, limited functionality for the Stage kit has been added to Rock Band 3. Please note that this 3rd-party peripheral is no longer officially supported, so we cannot guarantee full functionality with every file format (RB3, Pro-DLC), but basic functions should be reenabled.
    • Audio no longer distorts for remote players when whammying sustains in an online session.
    • The following songs are now correctly appearing in the Music Library.
    These are awesome and thank you guys.
    • The translucency of the track surface has been adjusted to make note gems are easier to see against the venue backgrounds.
    It'd be nice if you managed a slider option for transparency, methinks.
    Kinda saddened by this one. I think blank tracks are preferable in that case.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited January 2011
    This is excellent. I`m happy to see so many concerns addressed at once, including the missing 8 songs and Stage Kit support (most unexpected), and the RBN 2.0 support will add some new life to that platform.
  • PoliticianPolitician Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    hmxpope;4274172 said:
    hello friends,

[*]based on fan feedback, limited functionality for the stage kit has been added to rock band 3. Please note that this 3rd-party peripheral is no longer officially supported, so we cannot guarantee full functionality with every file format (rb3, pro-dlc), but basic functions should be reenabled.

thank you
    thank you
    thank you
    thank you
  • azpuck98azpuck98 Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    So, still no answer about being able to create more than 10 characters on a PS3?
  • BinacaFreakBinacaFreak Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    STAGE KIT SUPPORT FTW!!!!
    Thanks for listening Harmonix! I understand the thing didn't sell well, so it doesn't make sense to continue doing the detailed work on upcoming songs. But I'm thankful that I don't just have to throw it away or put it in a glass history box now. :)
  • A_Drunken_SmurfA_Drunken_Smurf Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    There are many good things in here, but thank you so much for bringing back the Stage Kit to Rock Band 3. Some functionality is better than none, and it just made my week.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, the Stage Kit support is a very nice touch. I was cleaning up our storage room just the other day and came across ours. I boxed it up since I thought we wouldn't be using it anymore, along with a couple jugs of fog juice. Now I'm excited to try it out and see how it works.
  • RBB3ASTRBB3AST Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Breakneck Speed now works in Practice Mode.

HELL YEAH WOOOO FINALLY

All we need is to bring back 50 % speed and Ill love you forver HMX <3
This discussion has been closed.