The TriumphantBass Productions News and Announcement Thread

TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
edited February 2013 in The Rock Band Network
Approved Setlist
"(pin)Ballz" - Insomniac Games - Preview*
(XBLM (Trial) 4/16/11 - 80 MSP)/(PSN 7/19/11 - $0.99)

"Toast(Live)" - Heywood Banks-Preview
(XBLM (Trial) 8/2/11 - 80 MSP)/(PSN 11/1/11 $0.99)

"Genuine Penguin" - Askari Nari-Preview
(XBLM (Trial) 9/1/11 - 80 MSP)

"Gemini" - Brian Kahanek-Preview [Blitz]
(XBLM (Trial) 11/29/12 - 160 MSP) /(PSN 2/5/13 $1.99)

"Bottle Rocket"
- Brian Kahanek
(XBLM (Trial) 2/7/13 - 160 MSP)

*100% of profits benefit Child's Play

Clicking the "Approved Setlist" link will create a setlist of all the songs that have been released.

Youtube Channel
Twitter

Comments

• SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    TubaDude49;4317534 said:
    Well, I mentioned it in the 2.0 thread a while back, but I guess I'll take the time now to officially announce "(pin)Ballz" by Insomniac Games, which is currently processing in the pipeline.
    If you had been carefully reading all 147 replies on the Ratchet and Clank All 4 One Announcement on the PS Blog a while back, you may have noticed this sooner, but I doubt anyone took the time to do that other than me.

Anyways, this is a song Insomniac Games(developers of Spyro 1-3; Ratchet and Clank, and Resistance) used to recruit employees. The RBN version rocks out even harder, featuring a full band, unlike their accoustic version here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ogv4d7j3gc

100% of profits go to Child's Play
    Preview up soon

Huh. I forgot they did the early Spyro games.

Can't wait for the preview!
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    ... and its official. "(pin)Ballz" has processed and became the first song to hit playtesting in RBN2. Now all it needs are tests...
    edited March 2011
    It should be entering peer review shortly. I would upload my preview, but its an old build with a broken vocals track.
    edited March 2011
    Finally, I worked out all the bugs and the pipeline managed to cooperate
    30% Peer Review, Yeah!
    edited March 2011
    Just a quick update. I fixed some major guitar errors and sent it back in for a quick round of testing, but so far its been largely ignored.
    Regardless, I have a preview of the new build that looks much better. and I feel that I can release to the public. Expect it by the end of the week.
    edited March 2011
    I'd like to present the first ever preview of "(pin)Ballz" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11dya1yy5yw
    This is an old build though, so there is some stuff off. I completely cleaned up most of that Guitar part, etc.
    Enjoy
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I noticed quite a few mistakes on the guitar at the least.

Here's hopin' you fixed most of them! Looks really fun.
    edited March 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4351408 said:
    Yeah, I noticed quite a few mistakes on the guitar at the least.

Here's hopin' you fixed most of them! Looks really fun.

Yeah, they should all be fixed now. I just don't have the capability to record these myself, so I can't always just go make a new one when I fix stuff
    edited March 2011
    Yeah! Getting some publicity. Not only did I get an article about "(pin)Ballz" on Insomniac's blog http://www.insomniacgames.com/blogcast/blog/insomniac_insider/152570977 , it was also retweeted by both John Drake and Rock Band
    edited March 2011
    Congrats!

Also, because of that, I was interested in checking out the story trailer for Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One. Before now, I was thinking it was going to be pretty "eh". Now, I really want it!
    edited April 2011
    "(pin)Ballz" has just passed Peer Review and is currently in quarintine. If all goes well it should be included in next week's update
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    *thumbs up*

"Toast" will magically appear in playtest as soon as "(pin)Ballz" hits the store riiiiiiight?
    edited April 2011
    TubaDude49;4366327 said:
    "(pin)Ballz" has just passed Peer Review and is currently in quarintine. If all goes well it should be included in next week's update

Cool beans! ^^
    edited April 2011
    DavyinaToga;4366764 said:
    *thumbs up*

"Toast" will magically appear in playtest as soon as "(pin)Ballz" hits the store riiiiiiight?

Sure, don't see why not; only have a couple of vocal phrases to finish, so as soon as I finish that and do a few cleaning runs over the track I can upload it.
    So it's completely likely that I can finish and upload by next Thursday, provided I finish before Tuesday, because the likelihood that I am going to be working when I could be playing Portal 2 is very low. ;)
    edited April 2011
    TubaDude49;4367097 said:
    ...provided I finish before Tuesday, because the likelihood that I am going to be working when I could be playing Portal 2 is very low. ;)

If HMX doesn't go for it, do you plan on trying to get JoCo's new song from it? Or really just anyone else, I just want the damn thing! :D
    edited April 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4367101 said:
    If HMX doesn't go for it, do you plan on trying to get JoCo's new song from it? Or really just anyone else, I just want the damn thing! :D

Depends, I haven't heard it yet; I've been keeping myself on Portal 2 media blackout for the past few months
    edited April 2011
    TubaDude49;4367102 said:
    Depends, I haven't heard it yet; I've been keeping myself on Portal 2 media blackout for the past few months

Ah.

Well, he'll have a new song (assumingly) catered specifically towards Portal 2 (ala Still Alive). I'm sad to say that's the part of Portal 2 I'm most excited about. The game itself will be amazing though too, there's no doubt.

I actually should've started doing what you're doing a while back. My curiosity got the best of me and I checked out Gamespot's new 35 minute session of Portal 2 and I was spoiled some of the better/more interesting parts of the first 10 or so minutes :(
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4367104 said:
    Ah.

Well, he'll have a new song (assumingly) catered specifically towards Portal 2 (ala Still Alive). I'm sad to say that's the part of Portal 2 I'm most excited about. The game itself will be amazing though too, there's no doubt.

I actually should've started doing what you're doing a while back. My curiosity got the best of me and I checked out Gamespot's new 35 minute session of Portal 2 and I was spoiled some of the better/more interesting parts of the first 10 or so minutes :(
    His Portal 2 song was confirmed this morning!
    edited April 2011
    nothru22;4367356 said:
    his portal 2 song was confirmed this morning!

where?!?!
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    edited April 2011
    NoThru22;4367519 said:
    I saw it in an article about the production of his new album, but I can't seem to find it. This google search yielded several similar results: http://www.google.com/search?q=portal+2+coulton+produced&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

EDIT: Here: http://www.theymightbegiants.com/news/john-flansburgh-producing-jonathan-coulton-album/

All that article does is state that he was working on a new album and has a song coming in Portal 2.

Well, s***, I've already known that since last year. I thought you meant it was confirmed for RB or something. At least I got a peak at a couple of the song titles (lol @ Today With Your Wife).
    edited April 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4367791 said:
    All that article does is state that he was working on a new album and has a song coming in Portal 2.

Well, s***, I've already known that since last year. I thought you meant it was confirmed for RB or something. .
    Darn, got my hopes up too. I'll see about contacting him after I hear it.

Anyways, "(pin)Ballz" was just approved. It will hit the Marketplace Thursday.

I might be able to finish "Toast" in time to put it into playtest Thursday, but I make no garuntees. There's still some harmonies to be done, and I'd like to contact him again before I set up my XNA and upload it
    edited April 2011
    Hopefully JoCo isn't annoyed at all these emails about the RBN. I and a few others just recently emailed him, now you and I'm sure a couple authors are going to about his Portal 2 song....
    edited April 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4369495 said:
    Hopefully JoCo isn't annoyed at all these emails about the RBN. I and a few others just recently emailed him, now you and I'm sure a couple authors are going to about his Portal 2 song....

I'm sure he'll be flattered by all the attention ;)

I'll probably go after "Tom Cruise Crazy" instead. I have a strong feeling someone else is going to pick up the Portal 2 song, if HMX doesn't do it again
    edited April 2011
    Awesome! Tom Cruise Crazy is another one of his better songs! :)

So..... (pin)Ballz today, maybe? Eh, eh?
    edited April 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4373462 said:
    Awesome! Tom Cruise Crazy is another one of his better songs! :)

So..... (pin)Ballz today, maybe? Eh, eh?

Yep, just waiting for the store update. ;)

Haven't heard back from JoCo yet, but its been sounding like he's pretty busy right now
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Just played the song by Imsomniac Games (huge fan of their games), and to be frank, the audio quality is absolutely terrible. It sounds like a really bad mp3 and is pretty much exactly as muffled as Semi-Charmed Life (which got butchered by WaveGroup). Also, I played bass and despite of having turned on bass boost, the bass part was almost inaudible, and in the beginning of the Big Rock Ending appears a yellow note.

To be honest, a terrible release through & through. Please don't butcher JoCo songs like that :S
    edited April 2011
    Huh, I hadn't heard any complaints about the mix since the first couple of builds and everything had sounded good to me before, I don't have a means of seeing it right now, but I will definitely look into it. I sincerly apologize if the mixing was not to your liking and I will try to improve as I continue work. I was really learning as I went while making this song, and I did not have access to an XBox very often. I hope you enjoy the song despite its flaws, and I am very sorry. In my defense, a few of the stems not used in the original version of the song had some pretty heavy distortion
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Please don't apologize for this, I don't expect pristine professional audio quality from such a small novelty band, it's a fun song, the charting is fine, but I hope you made the best product out of the stems. Looking forward to your response when you were able to review it yourself. **** happens ;)

For reference: I played the song through a high-end 2.0 system along with other new releases.
    edited April 2011
    I also have to complain about the quality. Though, that may not be Tuba's fault.

Now, what's REALLY bothering me is the guitar chart. In all honesty, it's really REALLY unpolished. This color should obviously be that color, a good handful of uncharted slides/bends/ho's/po's, etc.

Very disappointed in this whole thing. Such an awesome song too.

EDIT: I see it was charted by Insomniac themselves. At least they're good at making games. Sheesh.

EDIT2: Is there hope for a re-release? I doubt it, but... it's just that bad.