What did you do to Lexington!?

BeebBeeb Banned
edited February 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Seriously did anybody download this song? I had some sort of nerdgasm when I saw it on the RBN and downloaded it instantly.

First of all, the guitar chart isn't too bad, but not too great. (I don't play drums so I have no idea, sorry). The singing is underteired. But those aren't the problems.

Why, why why why why would you release this song before RBN2? It would be like the BEST song for keys ever, and I can play it on piano, (the way I play it would actually work out with the 2 octave system too) not to mention that it also has harmonies.

Also, here's a big problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mkwciBwVro

Just look at the singer. Ugh. 45 seconds is a great example.
Seriously what were you thinking?

Here's a piano cover for anyone else who thinks they made a terrible mistake releasing this song early: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf0RaU_zo7w&feature=related

Comments

• Tego1inTego1in Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    First of all, it's generally not up to the authoring group as to whether or not a song will be held off until RBN2, that decision will likely be made by the band/band's management or by the label that's licensing the song.

With the video, I'm guessing you're referring to poor lip-syncing? If so, this is something that is completely out of the hands of the authors. There are no lip-syncing tools to help and the game simply generates them automatically based on the dry vocal track.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited January 2011
    Also, this song has been in the pipeline for months and months and months. The licensing was probably all done way before anybody knew anything about RBN 2.0
  • SpongyeSpongye Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    it is an absolute must that they re-release it. Although, how would they fit the chart onto the 25 keys of the keyboard when the verses use many more?
  • BeebBeeb Banned
    edited February 2011
    Spongye;4276791 said:
    it is an absolute must that they re-release it. Although, how would they fit the chart onto the 25 keys of the keyboard when the verses use many more?

The verse uses four octaves, lol.

I guess it could be shortened to playing the D appergios twice each.