Sleeping With Sirens song

SketchyGargoyleSketchyGargoyle Unsigned
edited February 2011 in The Rock Band Network
So I downloaded the James Dean song by sleeping with sirens. its a very catchy song and i checked out the trial and saw it did have pro drums authored. only problem is that in the trial run I couldn't find all the flaws. but apparently after the trial part ends and the rest of the song (everything but the first minute) has every snare charted to the yellow hi hat and every hi hat charted to red. i play along with my edrum set and it just sounds terrible on this song. im assuming that with pro drums, the author tried to get the disco beat thats in verse 1 to be correct and in doing so, made every red switch to yellow during the entire song instead of just the disco beat part. but still, i thought there was a peer review process for a reason. this is very disappointing. the drums are terrible. i wish i didnt waste $2 on this song now

Comments

• DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Pro drums could not be tested (or checked for errors) at the time this song was released.
  • SketchyGargoyleSketchyGargoyle Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    DragoonXD;4279367 said:
    Pro drums could not be tested (or checked for errors) at the time this song was released.

well thats a shame because its terrible. i would think that even if one person saw it before it went on the market they would realize its terrible. i dont see how the author didnt at least play it once before submitting. for all you drummers out there, dont buy this song
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    SketchyGargoyle;4279375 said:
    well thats a shame because its terrible. i would think that even if one person saw it before it went on the market they would realize its terrible. i dont see how the author didnt at least play it once before submitting. for all you drummers out there, dont buy this song
    As said above, we authors and testers can't test Pro Drums. At the time of testing, there was no RB3 audition mode, and RB2 doesn't have Pro Drums, so we can't exactly check for any of this. We can't see things like disco flips and Pro markers in action until the song actually launches.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Audition mode is in RB2. There is no way to play or see pro drums in RB2. Therefore, until it is released and is playable in RB3, there is no way to tell if any of the pro drum charting is off.

I think something similar happened with "Killers of the Worst Type" by Bright Midnight, and the author was notified and able to pull it from the marketplace fast enough to fix it before a lot of people bought it.