New beatles songs coming to itunes- unreleased love tracks

CheeseLordCheeseLord Opening Act
edited February 2011 in The Beatles: Rock Band
The songs are Fool on The Hill and Girl. I don't know if you can buy them seperatly, if they come with the album, or if you have to preorder, but I can't wait to hear them! Their is also a amking of video. I wonder if they will also relase bonus tracks if they release the Anthology.

Update: Apparentally you can buy the 2 tracks by themselves

Comments

• jamzftwjamzftw Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    That's sounds cool! I would want to hear what they did with those two songs.
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited February 2011
    jamzftw;4279594 said:
    That's sounds cool! I would want to hear what they did with those two songs.

From the previews, it sounds like nothing

But, it's only 30 seconds worth, so if someone buys these I want to know what they did with them ;)
  • soup567soup567 Headliner
    edited February 2011
    I wonder if there are any other unreleased Love tracks...
  • StrikeZStrikeZ Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    This looks like a bunch of mash ups combining music from different Beatle songs, into different versions of the same songs. I don't know if it is George Marting genius, or a cheap sales gimmick. I am leaning more to the latter.
    edited February 2011
    StrikeZ;4280511 said:
    This looks like a bunch of mash ups combining music from different Beatle songs, into different versions of the same songs. I don't know if it is George Marting genius, or a cheap sales gimmick. I am leaning more to the latter.

I have the album, and the songs are remixed, edited, transitioned...it's pretty awesome.

One example: You hear Drive My Car, and on the piano parts, Savoy Truffle's horn parts play, and then you get to hear Taxman's guitar solo over the track as the song transitions to What You're Doing, finally going to The Word, and then fades out to Gnik Nus (Sun King vocals backwards)

I still want to know what the other 2 songs sound like
  • Arsenal-LadArsenal-Lad Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    soup567;4280196 said:
    I wonder if there are any other unreleased Love tracks...

I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that they did do a version of She's Leaving Home for the album.
    /Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_(The_Beatles_album) According to wikipedia they did (and that there are some other unreleased songs...)/

But cool with unreleased songs, it's always fun with new Beatles stuff:)
  • StrikeZStrikeZ Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    nascarfan19;4280528 said:
    I have the album, and the songs are remixed, edited, transitioned...it's pretty awesome.

One example: You hear Drive My Car, and on the piano parts, Savoy Truffle's horn parts play, and then you get to hear Taxman's guitar solo over the track as the song transitions to What You're Doing, finally going to The Word, and then fades out to Gnik Nus (Sun King vocals backwards)

I still want to know what the other 2 songs sound like
    So this is not not a new album, just remixes. More of a sales gimmick than anything new.
    edited February 2011
    StrikeZ;4280664 said:
    So this is not not a new album, just remixes. More of a sales gimmick than anything new.

Yeah, nothing new, just a big collaboration by Giles Martin and Apple Corp.

And it was really a 2006 album, iTunes just might not have gotten it immediately off the Beatles announcement
  • edited February 2011
    I am sure they remixed more tracks for consideration for the show and iTunes wanted to have some reason to draw attention from Beatles fans. Casual fans who just see this offered won't blink an eye and just download the album not knowing it wasn't A. part of the Vegas show and B. part of the original album

I'm ok with whatever they release as the album was terrific! Tomorrow Never Knows/Within You Without You was one of the highlight tracks on the album and on TB:RB. That bass line is awesome!
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    StrikeZ;4280664 said:

It is not just a "sales gimmick." If you would actually listen to the album, you would not have that opinion. It is an awesome album that every Beatles fan should hear.
  • HotMangoChutneyHotMangoChutney Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Call me when the following are made available:

- "Twelve-Bar Original" [uncut]
    - "Carnival of Light"
    - "It's All Too Much" [uncut]
    - "Flying" [uncut]
    - "Flying" [early version with 'Dixieland' coda]
    - "I Am the Walrus" [original U.S. mono mix with additional measure before the 'Yellow matter custard' line]
    - the remaining unreleased Kinfauns demos
    - "Not Guilty" [uncut]
    - "What's the New Mary Jane" [unaltered]
    - "Sexy Sadie" [with additional repeat of bridge during outro]
    - "Helter Skelter" [either take 2 or the infamous 27-minute take 3 uncut]
    - "Dig It" [uncut]
    - "Suzy Parker"
    - "Watching Rainbows"
    - "Madman"
    - "You Know My Name (Look Up the Number)" [uncut]
    - "Now and Then"
    - "All for Love"
  • BeatlesPhins1BeatlesPhins1 Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    It's not a sales gimmick. This isn't a new album, it's been out since 2006 & is certified 2x Platinum, the iTunes version will just have 2 extra songs. This is the soundtrack to the extremely popular Las Vegas show "Love", not something they just threw together. Watch the "All Together Now" documentary and you'll want to buy the album, which is great.

BTW, the "Love" show was George Harrison's idea, he was friends with the Cirque guy. They continued with it after he passed away, so this was one of the last things George signed off on. He also signed off on "Let It Be Naked" but obviously never saw either one completed.
  • Arsenal-LadArsenal-Lad Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    I've just bought and listened to both The Fool On The Hill and Girl now.
    The Fool On The Hill was not much different from the original. The opening of the song was new and very good, there are some other small additions in the song but it wasn't really anything cool.
    Girl wasn't much different from it's original either. You can hear a sitar in the background and there's a little guitar part from And I Love Her and a little drum roll at a few times(?). I can tell that if you've listened to the preview then you've heard pretty much all the additions throughout the whole song.

So it's good but it isn't really anything very new. Just like two small remasters with some small additions.
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited February 2011
    Yay for Itunes credits via Coke bottles! I'll be getting these 2 with my next coke purchases! (already have the album on CD/imported into Itunes)
  • Clemenza08Clemenza08 Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    HotMangoChutney;4281759 said:
    Call me when the following are made available:

- "Twelve-Bar Original" [uncut]
    - "Carnival of Light"
    - "Flying" [uncut]
    - "Flying" [early version with 'Dixieland' coda]
    - "I Am the Walrus" [original U.S. mono mix with additional measure before the 'Yellow matter custard' line]
    - the remaining unreleased Kinfauns demos
    - "Not Guilty" [uncut]
    - "What's the New Mary Jane" [unaltered]
    - "Sexy Sadie" [with additional repeat of bridge during outro]
    - "Helter Skelter" [either take 2 or the infamous 27-minute take 3 uncut]
    - "Dig It" [uncut]
    - "Suzy Parker"
    - "Watching Rainbows"
    - "Madman"
    - "Now and Then"
    - "All for Love"

Well I've got

- "Dig It" [uncut]

And you can find them on Purple Chick's bootlegs
    edited February 2011
    "Fool on the Hill" sounds great, the new opening is amazing and there is a lot more going on. "Girl" has more subtle things, like guitar from "and i love her"[i think] and some sitar in the back.

Also, if you look at the song lengths it seems the "Love" iTunes versions of "Revolution" and "Back in the USSR" are the extended versions on the DVD Audio. Has anyone heard those? Wondering if they are that much different, they are both a minute longer than on the CD.
  • BlueJayGuyBlueJayGuy Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    You can listen to them here;

Girl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96xE636D0bA

And I Love Her guitar fingerpicking
    Benefit of Mr Kite drum roll
    And some background noise from Tomorrow Never Knows.

The Fool On The Hill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MTMq17m0_0

Because Bass
    Dear Prudence "piano" or something, i don't know what instrument it is.
    Guitar from .... ¿!¿!¿! I DON'T KNOW :S but sounds like I'll Be Back in slow motion
    Maxwell's Silver Hammer drums.
    And indian instruments, maybe The Inner Light
    Well, Mother Nature's Son is obvious.
    edited February 2011
    After listening to those (from BlueJayGuy's links), I like the Fool on the Hill intro, but I heard zero difference from Girl
  • BlueJayGuyBlueJayGuy Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    nascarfan19;4291080 said:
    After listening to those (from BlueJayGuy's links), I like the Fool on the Hill intro, but I heard zero difference from Girl

They didn't change it too much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu0-7rt7GLQ

Here you can hear it clear.

Tomorrow Never Knows at the beginning (it's hard to hear it clear)
    And I Love Her at 0:27, and finger picking during "and she promises the earth balblabla" in left channel.

The drums change at 1:00 (the drum roll is from Benefit of Mr Kite, but are pretty similar to the originals from Girl). At 2:00 you can hear it better. If you played Benefit of Mr Kite in TB:RB, you will notice the double bass drum from the final "solo", after "and tonight mr kite is topping the bill".

It's a GREAT work.

The Fool On The Hill intro was ... omg. I wasn't expecting THAT.

Just... amazing how 60's songs still can leave us without words.

Edit: I'm not sure, but I think at the intro of The Fool On The Hill, there are some oboes or whatever from When I'm Sixty Four.
  • xizorkatarnxizorkatarn Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Wow, I just got these myself. I really want to know where in the whole medley they were supposed to fit in. Absolutely amazing.
    edited February 2011
    The CD is $7.99 on Amazon now of course haha. Here you can listen to the extended versions of Revolution and USSR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBxMrZUg9NU

Revolution is basically the regular version. People should definitely buy "Fool on the Hill", I'm not sure about Girl yet. I wish they would have went crazier with it.
    edited February 2011
    xizorkatarn;4291146 said:
    Wow, I just got these myself. I really want to know where in the whole medley they were supposed to fit in. Absolutely amazing.

Considering the medley was already non-stop, it probably wasn't supposed to fit anywhere in the current lineup.

The new songs just kinda got out there past where the album really should end (All You Need Is Love)
    edited February 2011
    Clemenza08;4290532 said:
    Well I've got

- "Dig It" [uncut]

And you can find them on Purple Chick's bootlegs

I've got them all in my YouTube favorites (except the elusive "Carnival of Light" and "All for Love"), but I really don't want to have to buy a bunch of overpriced bootlegs and wade through a lot of chaff for just a handful of worthwhile recordings. Just make it official and release them already, Apple! :mad:
    edited February 2011
    HotMangoChutney;4292422 said:
    I've got them all in my YouTube favorites (except the elusive "Carnival of Light" and "All for Love"), but I really don't want to have to buy a bunch of overpriced bootlegs and wade through a lot of chaff for just a handful of worthwhile recordings. Just make it official and release them already, Apple! :mad:

When there no more generations of the McCartney, Lennon, Harrison, and Starr families, maybe it will happen. :p
  • soup567soup567 Headliner
    edited February 2011
    The new Love tracks are cool.
    edited February 2011
    nascarfan19;4292441 said:
    When there no more generations of the McCartney, Lennon, Harrison, and Starr families, maybe it will happen. :p
    It's not as though any of these tracks are embarrassments to the Beatle name; hell, there was far less substantial recordings issued on the Anthology albums. What really gets my goat is that many of these releases could've been properly released on those albums, but instead chose to use inferior mixes (and there was NO reason to edit down "Not Guilty" by over a minute... and why they chose to leave out roughly 30 seconds of the new "You Know My Name" first-time-ever-in-stereo mix is another head-scratcher). :rolleyes: