2/8/11 DLC Discussion Thread - Bob Marley 8-pack!

Comments

• sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    It would've been a better business move to release this pack when Legend was released and Legend with keys/harmonies. JS.
  • ManLovesRobotManLovesRobot Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    I wait all week for this announcement and normally I can find something positive, but this is just to soon. I am a Bob Marley fan but I found the first pack to be kind of boring. These songs seem to be deeper cuts and I am just going to pass. I really wish it was something that was lacking representation like Muse, Def Leppard, or other 80's hair metal/pop. Oh well I am sure some people are happy with this so maybe next week.

Guess the flipside is I can buy some older DLC on my wishlist instead.
  • doomed26doomed26 Opening Act
    edited February 2011
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    paaaaaaaaaass, i already have the ones i needed from marley
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Sayburr;4283806 said:
    I only picked up The Hits from Legend ...
    There are non-hits on Legend???

I'm with the crowd on this one. I would have preferred only getting Legend, but RB3 version. Not sure I'm buying anything.
  • victimsofadownvictimsofadown Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    4 months and counting no DLC purchases :(
  • MWcw709MWcw709 Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    UMM....for god sakes can we get some uptempo METAL please...is it too much to ask for.
  • howieduenhowieduen Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Wow - 2 weeks in a row that I'm not buying anything, which is quite a rarity. Not to badmouth the DLC itself, because it has been strong ever since the RB3 launch (sans, maybe, Stone Sour week). It just hasn't been my cup of tea lately. I bought the first Marley pack, but I don't recognize a single song this week. I have the Country Pack 2 on its way to me (USPS is running slow this week, probably due to inclement weather), so that should give me my fill of new tracks, anyways.

I know we've been getting a lot of "mega packs" from super important music legends, which I totally understand (and at times appreciate). But, as a child of the 90's, I'd really like to see some post grunge alternative (Better than Ezra, Wallflowers, Counting Crows, Barenaked Ladies, Sublime, Cake, Fountains of Wayne, Blues Traveler, Cracker, etc.) sprinkled in here and there, or even some newer indie/alternative stuff. It seems likes it's been awhile since we've gotten any "current" artists. I don't know - maybe that's just my perspective.
  • HaibaneHaibane Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    Not a reggae fan, not a Marley fan. Not my week.
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    This continues a recent trend of complete apathy towards dlc releases lately. 2011 has been very very underwhelming.
  • Han DaimondHan Daimond Letdown
    edited February 2011
    Don't dislike Marley but I think we had enough.
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Oh crap, just saw we're getting Marillion!!! I had given up on it, sweeeeeeeeeet.
  • deathwing107deathwing107 Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    I never did see the whole sensation with Bob Marley. I see shirts and stuff everywhere, or at least I did. Just not a big fan of this or reggae so I pass for this week.
  • tormztormz Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    doomed26;4283820 said:
    Only Evanescence.

same.

not a big reggae fan
  • coolsnoopy97coolsnoopy97 Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Wow, another crap week. Bob Marley? He's a great artist, but he simply doesn't rock, he's reggae. We haven't had anything slightly challenging for the Guitar since RB3, especially not any Metal, and we need some good DLC for once. Stop focusing on the Keyboard, we know it's the new instrument, but Guitar-lacking stuff like Billy Joel, John Lennon, and presumably this is just boring for the majority of players.
  • TorqueAODTorqueAOD Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    peterock2007;4283832 said:
    This continues a recent trend of complete apathy towards dlc releases lately. 2011 has been very very underwhelming IMHO.

Fix'd

Honestly I have been buying RB songs like crazy Linkin Park, David Bowie, and 18 songs from the Clash. The only thing that was underwhelming of 2011 (IMO) is we didn't get Rock the Casbah yet.

As for this week I still have to get The Legend Album so I'm going to hold on this pack.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited February 2011
    elfreako;4283835 said:
    Oh crap, just saw we're getting Marillion!!! I had given up on it, sweeeeeeeeeet.
    YES! I still like early Marillion the best, but, having a 360 that was the first RBN song I bought. I hope they release more!

They did, however, say no EMI songs would be release, so it will all be the newest songs.
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited February 2011
    Well, I'm really glad it was this. I was worried that the week after I gave up my RB the DLC would be something I absolutely loved.

Anyways, good on the Marley fans!
  • JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited February 2011
    Hmmm.... I only know Coming in from the Cold, and I'm not a huge Bob Marley fan. I'll have to listen to them before deciding what to get. It's insane how amazing the DLC has been since Rock Band 3.
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    MWcw709;4283828 said:
    UMM....for god sakes can we get some uptempo METAL please...is it too much to ask for.

There are plenty... in RBN
  • Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited February 2011
    And yet Rush STILL doesn't have a "Rush pack 01"

>:{

BLEH
  • kravenkraven Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    I hate Bob Marley more than anything in the world. Please give us more than one option each week Harmonix. So far since RB3 came out 90% of the DLC has had my parents as the target audience.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited February 2011
    coolsnoopy97;4283840 said:
    Stop focusing on the Keyboard, we know it's the new instrument, but Guitar-lacking stuff like Billy Joel, John Lennon, and presumably this is just boring for the majority of players.
    Speak for yourself. I thought most of the Billy Joel songs were a lot of fun on guitar.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    victimsofadown;4283826 said:
    4 months and counting no DLC purchases :(

Did you even buy RB3? That's your only excuse!

And I'll certainly give these a listen. People, don't discourage HMX from providing fans deeper cuts. I still REALLY want RHCP's C'mon Girl, Primus' Ballad of Bodacious and Golden Earring's Are You Receiving Me (to name just a few).
  • grizzlymazegrizzlymaze Fourplay for a Long Time
    edited February 2011
    Marillion?? Seriously??
    Wow. I was an 80's Marillion freak, as was everyone in Scotland at the time, but I thought they just fizzled out. I cant believe they survived.
  • edited February 2011
    elfreako;4283835 said:

This was pretty much my reaction when I first heard that the track was getting a PS3 port, although my version included a happy dance and lots of enthousiastic upbeat swearing.

Getting one of my top three favorite artists of all time on RBN more than balances out getting one of my 3 most disliked artists on the RB3 disc as official DLC this week. And more Amberian DAwn and Evanescence is always welcome too, although I'll wait with picking those two up until a time when I'm a bit less keys-focused in my gameplay habits.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    SirDavidTLynch;4283854 said:
    Speak for yourself. I thought most of the Billy Joel songs were a lot of fun on guitar.

This. Hell, even We Didn't Start the Fire is pretty darn fun and I wasn't expecting too much from that.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Same thing as with last week. I'm not getting any HMX songs, but will instead get the majority of the RBN tracks. I've been waiting to get the Marillion song since before the store even opened on 360.
  • gambit1023gambit1023 Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    cool..but..can we please get some:
    Genesis
    U2
    and Pink Floyd now?
  • defjukiedefjukie Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    Wish we'd get some new artists, nothing for me this week.

If you insist on releasing more content from established RB artists, let it be The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Radiohead, or Nirvana (In Utero).

kthnx.