The Gaslight Anthem?

czwfan2002czwfan2002 Unsigned
edited February 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Sorry if this has been brought up before but I don't really follow this section of the forum. I was wondering what happened to the Gaslight Anthem songs that were mentioned when RBN was first announced way back when, last I heard they were struggling to get through pier review with bad charts but that was some time ago. Would be grateful if anyone could give me any info on this

Comments

• Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited February 2011
    I don't believe they were ever struggling to get through Peer Review with bad charts. Not sure where you heard that.

For what happened, search is your friend. It would lead you to this post which is the most you will ever get probably:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197020&p=3988829#post3988829
  • czwfan2002czwfan2002 Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    Thanks for that, I saw some preview videos on Youtube when they were first rumoured and I'm sure some of the comments said the chart was awful and wouldn't pass but thats about as official as my information got.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    czwfan2002;4282170 said:
    Thanks for that, I saw some preview videos on Youtube when they were first rumoured and I'm sure some of the comments said the chart was awful and wouldn't pass but thats about as official as my information got.
    You get that in pretty much every RBN preview video that attracts a decent amount of interest. Everyone and their dog thinks they can hear something charted wrong despite hearing the song in full band mix as opposed to the isolated instrument stems AND usually hearing it through poor YouTube compressed sound quality.

Which is not to say there is never anything wrong with the charting, it's just that whether there is or not, some people will always claim that the charts are awful.
  • Flan26Flan26 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    There's been no additional word on those songs and I tried to check Youtube for the videos some time before the holidays and couldn't even find what used to be up there of the previews.

I sent an email to Gaslight's management around that time asking if there was any update on their association with Rock Band (hoping to maybe hear that they were officially working with Harmonix), but got no response.

Damn shame too. Their stuff would work so well in Rock Band.
  • Bobman32xBobman32x Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Oscarvarium;4282274 said:
    You get that in pretty much every RBN preview video that attracts a decent amount of interest. Everyone and their dog thinks they can hear something charted wrong despite hearing the song in full band mix as opposed to the isolated instrument stems AND usually hearing it through poor YouTube compressed sound quality.

Which is not to say there is never anything wrong with the charting, it's just that whether there is or not, some people will always claim that the charts are awful.

I must say though, i remember that video and the charting for the Guitar was particularly bad
  • The-Dude1212The-Dude1212 Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Casto21;4282090 said:
    I don't believe they were ever struggling to get through Peer Review with bad charts. Not sure where you heard that.

For what happened, search is your friend. It would lead you to this post which is the most you will ever get probably:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197020&p=3988829#post3988829

That's prolly the only iota of information I've gotten regarding it. I know they've said '59 Sound and Old White Lincoln in the past, but since picking up their American Slang and '59 Sound albums, I'm hoping for Old Haunts, Boxer, Casanova Baby and Here's Lookin' At You Kid.