2/11 DLC Discussion Thread - Valentine's Day Duets 7 Pack!

edited February 2011 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4287955 said:
Please note: The content releasing this Friday, Feb. 11 will take the place of content that would have released Tuesday, Feb. 15.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (Feb. 11):

• Animotion – “Obsession”
• B.o.B. (featuring Hayley Williams) – “Airplanes”
• Bonnie Tyler – “Total Eclipse of the Heart
• The Human League – “Don’t You Want Me”
• Lady Antebellum – “Need You Now”
• Meat Loaf – “Paradise by the Dashboard Light”
• Stevie Nicks – “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around” X

(All tracks are original master recordings)
(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system Feb. 11)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks and as “February Heartache Duets’ Pack” on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade
$10.99, £5.99 UK, €8.99 EU (880 Microsoft Points, 1100 Wii Points) for February Heartache Duets’ Pack

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Two off my all time favorite duets list... A HEARTY dose of DLC for sure... :)

Comments

• FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited February 2011
    If that rumor is true, I sure hope "Total Eclipse of the Heart" and "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" are the originals, and not the hacked'n'slashed radio edits.

If they are the originals, this is going to be an epic week.

And my sympathy to those who were laid off. I hope you all find new jobs you like as soon as you want them.
  • thjimmythjimmy Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Nucks4cup;4289636 said:
    http://www.rockbandaide.com/10905/dlc-for-february-15th-leaked-early/#comments

from the leak.. only 1 meatloaf song. The rest isnt to bad
    Spectacular week. This is a group of songs that the "new music" folk will hear and go, "Oh, yeah. I know that song."
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited February 2011
    Nucks4cup;4289636 said:
    http://www.rockbandaide.com/10905/dlc-for-february-15th-leaked-early/#comments

from the leak.. only 1 meatloaf song. The rest isnt to bad

I'll take all of those instantly! God, I hope that's real!
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    FujiSkunk;4289655 said:
    If that rumor is true, I sure hope "Total Eclipse of the Heart" and "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" are the originals, and not the hacked'n'slashed radio edits.

I've never heard a radio version of "Total Eclipse"...
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited February 2011
    Rockox;4289667 said:

Very, very, very slow....

Good song. Not good for 'band' play.
  • ChadvindaraChadvindara Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    I can't stand the Meatloaf song. Whenever it comes on at a pub or anywhere I'm not there much long after. Its about 15 minutes too long. Makes me mad just the thought of it!
    edited February 2011
    If the news of this pack is true, let me just say FINALLY a return to theme packs! FINALLY some fun party songs! A lot of people see Rock Band as little more than a karaoke game with instruments, so it'll be nice to have more songs that reflect that sentiment.
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Nice pack to come. Nice to see Stevie Nicks and Tom Petty (80's Rock!!!) duet as well as Meat and Bonnie Tyler. Very likable week. Sorry to all those who have been laid off and wish you the best on your next venture.
    edited February 2011
    This pack needs more "Close My Eyes Forever."
  • JetWolfJetWolf Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Rockox;4289700 said:

My first thought too. Absolutely would've been perfect for this pack (if true and complete as shown). But I can't imagine HMX didn't think of that so my guess is there's something else preventing them from using it.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited February 2011
    Rockox;4289667 said:

There are a couple of different edits. The less offensive edit removes the third verse after the instrumental section ("Every now and then I know you'll never be the boy you always you wanted to be...") but keeps the rest of the song intact.

The really butchered edit removes the second and third verses, and snips a good bit of the outtro as well. If we get that, it will be even worse than the travesty that was "Feels like the First Time."
    edited February 2011
    Did the leak rumor say somewhere that it was a pack? I didn't see anything but I guess I could've missed it. I think it's entirely possible that if this DLC leak is true, these tracks could be released as singles.
    edited February 2011
    The screenshot says it's the February Heartache Duets Pack.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    The RBA rumor supports the original rumor's report of a Friday release. The release date is shown as 2/11/11.
  • Flan26Flan26 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    BevoTheWarrior;4289720 said:
    Did the leak rumor say somewhere that it was a pack? I didn't see anything but I guess I could've missed it. I think it's entirely possible that if this DLC leak is true, these tracks could be released as singles.

Yes. The screenshot says it's the "February Heartache Duets Pack". Has Harmonix ever had a "PACK ONLY! NO SINGLES!" release? I'm sure that they'd also be available as singles.
    edited February 2011
    Rockox;4289723 said:
    The screenshot says it's the February Heartache Duets Pack.

So it was just my mistake. Fair enough. In that case, I completely agree that the glorious return to theme packs is long overdue.
    edited February 2011
    lvmathemagician;4289724 said:
    The RBA rumor supports the original rumor's report of a Friday release. The release date is shown as 2/11/11.

Ooo, good catch. I guess it'd be kinda silly to release a Valentine's pack after Valentine's Day.
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    I am getting ALL OF IT!!! Awesome week and out this Friday!!!!!
  • KrystofKrystof Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    First mix pack I'm in love with. Will be buying all of it! Eclipse of the Heart!
  • TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited February 2011
    First I unlock my underwear and then "Obsession" and "Don't You Want Me" are rumored as DLC. Rock Band 3 just keeps getting better and better. Or is this the work of HMX agents - using their mind control to make me play the drum trainers perfectly and then reading my mind to know what I want for DLC - to get me to stop complaining about the game?

I might as well get the rest of the pack while I'm at it.

I've heard an extended version of "Obsession" which included a guitar solo. Will that be the version we're getting?
    edited February 2011
    FujiSkunk;4289708 said:
    The less offensive edit removes the third verse after the instrumental section...The really butchered edit removes the second and third verses, and snips a good bit of the outtro as well.

Gotcha, thanks. I must have heard the "less offensive" edit a few times then. The "butchered" edit sounds completely horrible, though. I'd be pretty disappointed if we got that version.
  • rab39rab39 Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Wow, that's an awesome pack, if true (I never heard the Lady Antebellum song before but I liked it after one listen). Total Eclipse is Steinem at his best (Next Valentine's Day I hope we get Air Supply's Making Love, more Meatloaf and Nowhere Fast).

If this were a club, then Harmonix just tore the roof off the mother. Still think they should mix in some challenging modern hard rock and metal to please the hardcore base (again, not me...i have no complaints about dlc) but can't wait for next week.

(would love more Human League in the future: Love Action, heck the rest of Dare, Keep Feeling Fascination, The Lebanon, Electric Dreams & more Moroder-Human League collaborations, please!)
  • ZombieJeebusZombieJeebus Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Rockox;4289644 said:
    Holy sht, I totally called it!

Nice pull! I thought the same thing when I read about the leak..."waitaminnit, someone predicted this yesterday. :bow
  • ZombieJeebusZombieJeebus Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Rockox;4289700 said:

You should have predicted this one too. :(
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited February 2011
    Rockox;4289700 said:
    Great call, and I'd love to see this song, but I don't think it really fits the theme that much....too heavily weighted towards the death end than the love end.

OTOH, it *is* a popular duet, and *all* of these songs are duets, except for Total Eclipse. Makes me wonder if we're getting some version with Bonnie duetting with someone else....

I *really* wanted to see "Bat Out of Hell" show up --- my most wanted by Mr. Loaf --- but I'm just ecstatic to get him (finally) in the game (siggie checklist YAY). This is an absolutely outstanding pack all the way around, and I'll be getting every last one of them and playing the hell out of 'em. Some of my all-time faves here. (And I *do* get a second dose of Meat Loaf in a way --- "Total Eclipse" is another Steinman song, and he originally penned it for Meat. Meat still does a great job with the song, but it sounds so much better in Bonnie's whisky-rough voice.)

10.5 out of 10
    Hate to sound cliched, but this is really one of the best DLC weeks EVARRRRR
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Spontaneous thread creation ftw.
    edited February 2011
    cherokeesam;4289822 said:
    OTOH, it *is* a popular duet, and *all* of these songs are duets, except for Total Eclipse. Makes me wonder if we're getting some version with Bonnie duetting with someone else....

Yeah, it's not really a duet. More of a call and response.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited February 2011
    Ooh, Stop Dragging my Heart Around?! That's basically a Tom Petty song. I'd get that one for sure!
  • Nucks4cupNucks4cup Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    this thread was combined with the other, why split it up??

now where gonna have posts all over the place
  • GigakoopsGigakoops Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    If this be true..
    AIRPLANES AND DASHBOARD LIGHTS FTW!