2/11 DLC Discussion Thread - Valentine's Day Duets 7 Pack!

edited February 2011 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4287955 said:
Please note: The content releasing this Friday, Feb. 11 will take the place of content that would have released Tuesday, Feb. 15.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (Feb. 11):

• Animotion – “Obsession”
• B.o.B. (featuring Hayley Williams) – “Airplanes”
• Bonnie Tyler – “Total Eclipse of the Heart
• The Human League – “Don’t You Want Me”
• Lady Antebellum – “Need You Now”
• Meat Loaf – “Paradise by the Dashboard Light”
• Stevie Nicks – “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around” X

(All tracks are original master recordings)
(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system Feb. 11)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks and as “February Heartache Duets’ Pack” on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade
$10.99, £5.99 UK, €8.99 EU (880 Microsoft Points, 1100 Wii Points) for February Heartache Duets’ Pack

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Two off my all time favorite duets list... A HEARTY dose of DLC for sure... :)

Comments

• a_bull_on_paradea_bull_on_parade Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Hopefuly Meatloaf will sell HMX back into putting out some non-"safe" DLC.....

Odd that they're getting rid of Q&A guys when they should be ramping up to work on Radiohead:Rock Band though.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited February 2011
    a_bull_on_parade;4288968 said:
    Hopefuly Meatloaf will sell HMX back into putting out some non-"safe" DLC.....
    In all likelihood, the need for layoffs also entails the need to play it as safe as possible. I expect Safety Dance announced any day now.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    SirDavidTLynch;4288978 said:
    In all likelihood, the need for layoffs also entails the need to play it as safe as possible. I expect Safety Dance announced any day now.

Y'know that dance wasn't as safe as they said it was.
  • Stormfan Stormfan Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    hope the meatloaf rumour is true....jim steinman at his best.
  • EmalytheEmalythe Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Catch-22;4288991 said:
    Y'know that dance wasn't as safe as they said it was.

'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance then they're no friends of mine.
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    I have it on good authority that your mama don't dance.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    raynebc;4289120 said:

And your daddy don't rock and roll.
  • EmalytheEmalythe Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    raynebc;4289120 said:

But she's got a squeeze box. She plays it all night.
  • tehman237tehman237 Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    I can't tell which sucks more, Meatloaf or the layoffs. Kidding aside, really sorry for all those people, I can only imagine how they feel right now.

For the other piece of news, Meatloaf and every song they've ever made sucks, they remind me of a joke band along the lines of Spinal Tap and Tenacious D (they might be one, I don't know, but those other two bands are good)
  • DrRock69DrRock69 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    hope to see bat out of hell included
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited February 2011
    tehman237;4289159 said:
    I can't tell which sucks more, Meatloaf or the layoffs. Kidding aside, really sorry for all those people, I can only imagine how they feel right now.

For the other piece of news, Meatloaf and every song they've ever made sucks, they remind me of a joke band along the lines of Spinal Tap and Tenacious D (they might be one, I don't know, but those other two bands are good)
    lolmusicalignorance

Meat's got one of the most powerful voices in rock and roll, as everyone who doesn't live under a rock can tell you. Steinman is an absolutely brilliant songwriter who has inked gold (platinum) for not only Meat, but Celine Dion, Bonnie Tyler, Air Supply, and even The Sisters of Mercy and Shrek the Ogre.

If we get Bat Out of Hell (the song, in particular) next week, I can guarantee you that EVERY instrument on there --- from guitars to keys to vocals to drums --- will be screaming demons difficulty all the way (especially if they include the intro, as they should), and will be the most epic of epics *ever* to grace the Rock Band stage.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Everyone hating on meat moaf should at least sample it, it's delicious as long as you're not vegan.

*facepalm at myself*
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited February 2011
    tehman237;4289159 said:

I just like to quote this from time to time.

Gives me a good laugh.

I am going to have an epically awesometastical time singing the duet of Paradise with my wife.

Opinions on music are just that, but give this song a listen.

If you've got a girlfriend, or wife and you don't think this would be fun as hell to sing this song with them, then I weep for you and your eternal damnation in the pits of unfunny town where you currently hang your hat.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited February 2011
    If the Meat Loaf rumor is true and HMX was going to make it just for me, here are the songs I would want:

Bat Out of Hell (Bat Out of Hell)
    You Took the Words... (Bat Out of Hell)
    Two Out of Three... (Bat Out of Hell)
    For Crying Out Loud (Bat Out of Hell)
    I'm Gonna Love Her for Both of Us (Dead Ringer)
    Nowhere Fast (Bad Attitude)
    I'd Do Anything for Love (Bat Out of Hell 2)
    Objects in the Rearview... (Bat Out of Hell 2)
    Left in the Dark (Welcome to the Neighborhood)
    Couldn't Have Said It Better (Couldn't Have Said it Better)
    Bad for Good (Bat Out of Hell 3)
    It's All Coming Back to Me Now (Bat Out of Hell 3)
  • JetWolfJetWolf Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    cherokeesam;4289405 said:
    If we get Bat Out of Hell (the song, in particular) next week, I can guarantee you that EVERY instrument on there --- from guitars to keys to vocals to drums --- will be screaming demons difficulty all the way (especially if they include the intro, as they should), and will be the most epic of epics *ever* to grace the Rock Band stage.

My goodness yes. "Bat Out of Hell" (song) has been tops of my personal wish list since they announced keys. Hell I always wanted it, gotta admit, but once HMX put keys on the playing field that cinched it. If we get "Dashboard" alone I won't be angry or upset because that too will be amazing, but there will be that tiny unbidden ping of disappointment for the missed opportunity for "Bat Out of Hell".

Also damn I feel like a total jerk for talking about DLC in a thread about layoffs. Anybody else having conflictovibes?
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Sayburr;4289476 said:
    If the Meat Loaf rumor is true and HMX was going to make it just for me, here are the songs I would want:

I'm Gonna Love Her for Both of Us (Dead Ringer)
    Nowhere Fast (Bad Attitude)
    Hey somebody else who listens to Dead Ringer. :)

As for Nowhere Fast, I'd prefer the original from the Streets of Fire soundtrack.
  • Nucks4cupNucks4cup Opening Act
    edited February 2011
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited February 2011
    Nucks4cup;4289636 said:
    http://www.rockbandaide.com/10905/dlc-for-february-15th-leaked-early/#comments

from the leak.. only 1 meatloaf song. The rest isnt to bad

I would get 3 off that list.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Rockox;4288390 said:
    As long as the Meatloaf tune is packed in with a bunch of other karaoke hits, like "Total Eclipse of the Heart", "Sweet Caroline" and "At This Moment" then we're good. Otherwise, I'll be passing. Nothing clears the karaoke bar quite like "Dashboard Light."

Holy sht, I totally called it!
  • Flan26Flan26 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Nucks4cup;4289636 said:

Oh man. 6/7 must-haves. 80's Synth Pop!!! I don't know that B.O.B. song, but I heard something by him once that wasn't too bad, so may as well get the whole pack.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited February 2011
    If that rumor is true, I sure hope "Total Eclipse of the Heart" and "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" are the originals, and not the hacked'n'slashed radio edits.

If they are the originals, this is going to be an epic week.

And my sympathy to those who were laid off. I hope you all find new jobs you like as soon as you want them.
  • thjimmythjimmy Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Nucks4cup;4289636 said:

Spectacular week. This is a group of songs that the "new music" folk will hear and go, "Oh, yeah. I know that song."
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited February 2011
    Nucks4cup;4289636 said:

I'll take all of those instantly! God, I hope that's real!
    edited February 2011
    FujiSkunk;4289655 said:
    If that rumor is true, I sure hope "Total Eclipse of the Heart" and "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" are the originals, and not the hacked'n'slashed radio edits.

I've never heard a radio version of "Total Eclipse"...
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited February 2011
    Rockox;4289667 said:
    I've never heard a radio version of "Total Eclipse"...

Very, very, very slow....

Good song. Not good for 'band' play.
  • ChadvindaraChadvindara Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    I can't stand the Meatloaf song. Whenever it comes on at a pub or anywhere I'm not there much long after. Its about 15 minutes too long. Makes me mad just the thought of it!
    edited February 2011
    If the news of this pack is true, let me just say FINALLY a return to theme packs! FINALLY some fun party songs! A lot of people see Rock Band as little more than a karaoke game with instruments, so it'll be nice to have more songs that reflect that sentiment.
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Nice pack to come. Nice to see Stevie Nicks and Tom Petty (80's Rock!!!) duet as well as Meat and Bonnie Tyler. Very likable week. Sorry to all those who have been laid off and wish you the best on your next venture.
    edited February 2011
    This pack needs more "Close My Eyes Forever."
  • JetWolfJetWolf Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Rockox;4289700 said:
    This pack needs more "Close My Eyes Forever."

My first thought too. Absolutely would've been perfect for this pack (if true and complete as shown). But I can't imagine HMX didn't think of that so my guess is there's something else preventing them from using it.