2/11 DLC Discussion Thread - Valentine's Day Duets 7 Pack!

Comments

• JetWolfJetWolf Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Nucks4cup;4289840 said:
    this thread was combined with the other, why split it up??

now where gonna have posts all over the place

They explained why not only in that thread but this one too. Basically so we don't have overlapping conversations about two separate topics and a thread about layoffs with comments like "YAY SO AWESOME FTW".

Like I said earlier, I felt like a jerk being all excited about DLC in that thread, so I for one very much appreciate the topic split. Thanks, Mods.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited February 2011
    Nucks4cup;4289840 said:
    this thread was combined with the other, why split it up??

now where gonna have posts all over the place
    I thought it was disrespectful to be celebrating DLC in a thread about people getting laid off from HMX. Maybe I was the only one, but I remember how it feels to get fired from a job and thought it a good idea to split the discussion up.
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Hope this DLC rumor is true - we would definitely love nearly all of those.
  • Nucks4cupNucks4cup Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    Sayburr;4289857 said:
    I thought it was disrespectful to be celebrating DLC in a thread about people getting laid off from HMX. Maybe I was the only one, but I remember how it feels to get fired from a job and thought it a good idea.

i understand that. when i posted that i didn't see your response in the other thread. and people were still posting about the rumored DL content there.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited February 2011
    Totally Awesome...been waiting for some duets to sing with my wife.
    She's gonna go craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy!
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited February 2011
    is it bad im WAY WAY WAY more excited about Total Eclipse of the Heart than Paradise by the Dashboard Light....Ill deff get both but OMMFG Total Eclipse of the Heart!!!!!!!

EDIT: just listening to the rest of them had a total "oh THAT song" with Obsession...getting that too

EDIT 2: Airplanes is pretty damn kick ass.....getting that one too...if this is true this week is awesome

EDIT 3: had another "oh THAT song" with Dont You Want Me...getting that too, and Need You Now...the one LA song Ive actually been wanting

EDIT 4: also getting the Stevie Nicks track
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited February 2011
    Sayburr;4289857 said:
    I thought it was disrespectful to be celebrating DLC in a thread about people getting laid off from HMX. Maybe I was the only one, but I remember how it feels to get fired from a job and thought it a good idea to split the discussion up.

Unfortunately you're not the only one....good call
  • JPS2010JPS2010 Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    Bummer... I'll be a handfull of MS points short. Need to get me some more...
  • BonE74MeBonE74Me Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    a_bull_on_parade;4288968 said:
    Odd that they're getting rid of Q&A guys when they should be ramping up to work on Radiohead:Rock Band though.
    Oh, what I would shell out for such a title. It's disturbing, really.

Anyhow, I hope the rumors are true. This would be a fantastic pack. Meatloaf, Bonnie, Human League... sh*t. All of these have fantastic duets. And the keys on Human League are gonna rock.

I'm...

(God help me)

...even looking forward to the Lady Antebellum song.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Holy mother of....

For a modern hip hop song with over 108 million views in under 7 months, Airplanes is fantastic (especially with the amazing Hayley Williams). That is something I thought I'd NEVER say to myself.

Welp, all this'll be stupidly awesome if true.
    edited February 2011
    Nucks4cup;4289868 said:
    i understand that. when i posted that i didn't see your response in the other thread. and people were still posting about the rumored DL content there.
    Yeah, there was a little bit of a trasaction lag, but I think things are seperated now...
  • MuhveliMuhveli Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    If this turns out to be legit it's a really nice pack. Would pick 3-4 right away, though I must admit I'm one of those who had to check the songs out in Spotify and have the "oh it's that song" -reaction. ;)
  • tormztormz Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    cherokeesam;4289822 said:

OTOH, it *is* a popular duet, and *all* of these songs are duets, except for Total Eclipse. Makes me wonder if we're getting some version with Bonnie duetting with someone else....
    While not really a duet, per se, there is a male vocalist singing on the song as well. Regardless I agree that this is a great week for DLC if true
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    The Lady Antebellum tune I just heard for the first time on "Glee" the other night. Good tune. I'll be getting that one, too.
  • AnotherChrisAnotherChris Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    Wow. As stated by others, if this turns out to be accurate then it is a great week for DLC, at least for me and my usual group. It might be the first time I've grabbed an entire week of releases in one go. I really hope it's what we're getting.
    edited February 2011
    tormz;4289911 said:
    While not really a duet, per se, there is a male vocalist singing on the song as well. Regardless I agree that this is a great week for DLC if true

Yeah, and without Rory Dodd's vocals... "Turn around bright eyes"... it would not have been a hit. Heck, most people know the song as that particular phrase instead of the actual title.
  • TransbrakTransbrak Headliner
    edited February 2011
    Total Eclipse Of The Heart!!!
    Don't You Want Me!!!
    Obsession!!!

Holy Crap, I can't wait.
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited February 2011
    DONT YOU WANT ME BABY!!! DONT YOU WANT ME, OOOOOOOOOH :D

Oh my god.. yes! "Total Eclipse of the Heart" is a must for keys too~ OH~ and I've heard "Obsession" before too. Hope this is real.

Aw man, but we get Stevie Nicks and it's not "Stand Back"?
  • KonadorKonador Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Please be true, please be true, please be true...
  • mayhem117mayhem117 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Sweet! Definately getting Don't You Want Me, Paradise by the Dashboard Light, and Stop Draggin' My Heart Around (Stevie Nicks With Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers as the backing band!!!!!!!)
  • MPPMikeMPPMike Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    People still remember Animotion? Human League? This is another day for me to think "we get those but no Muse?" Not that I won't buy those two songs - I won't lie. Can't wait for Meat Loaf and Stevie Nicks to finally get into the game. (Yes we have Stevie in Fleetwood Mac, but not singing) I'll probably get "Total Eclipse" too. I've not heard the other two songs, but will give them a shot. Nice variety - that's for sure.
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    I really love the entire pack and it has great variety! It's also awesome that it is coming out (hopefully) on Friday! :)
  • JetWolfJetWolf Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    jayou521;4289924 said:

Well that wouldn't exactly fit the theme.

Besides the awesome that is this pack plus the awesome of more theme packs, I think it's a huge win. Plus it opens the door, you know? Lots of artists new to the game, and now their songs are that much more likely to appear later.
  • WilliamT8WilliamT8 Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    If we get stevie nicks, i would love to play edge of seventeen!
  • tormztormz Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    jayou521;4289924 said:

I'd have picked Leather & Lace over Stand Back or Stop Draggin My Heart Around
  • HairyManHairyMan Always Rock On The Bright Side Of Life
    edited February 2011
    Awesome. A nice 80's pack. Don't You Want Me Baby? Don't you want me, ooooooooooohhhhh-ho-o-oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!
  • princeofcupsprinceofcups Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Five out of seven ain't bad.

The funny thing is that I just posted that we need more singles.
  • DarkSaviorDarkSavior Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    I approve of RB3 DLC with female artists.
  • Happy DragonHappy Dragon Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Sayburr;4289857 said:

No. Not the only one. Thanks for splitting the topics.

As for the DLC, I will wait till actual confirmation from HMX before celebrating about these songs joining RB. Don't want to get my hopes too far up, 'cause it's a pretty awesome list of songs to be awfully disappointed about if they don't show up in the Friday announcement.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited February 2011
    MORE OLD PEOPLE MUomg hayley :3