2/11 DLC Discussion Thread - Valentine's Day Duets 7 Pack!

Comments

• SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Holy mother of....

For a modern hip hop song with over 108 million views in under 7 months, Airplanes is fantastic (especially with the amazing Hayley Williams). That is something I thought I'd NEVER say to myself.

Welp, all this'll be stupidly awesome if true.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited February 2011
    Nucks4cup;4289868 said:
    i understand that. when i posted that i didn't see your response in the other thread. and people were still posting about the rumored DL content there.
    Yeah, there was a little bit of a trasaction lag, but I think things are seperated now...
  • MuhveliMuhveli Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    If this turns out to be legit it's a really nice pack. Would pick 3-4 right away, though I must admit I'm one of those who had to check the songs out in Spotify and have the "oh it's that song" -reaction. ;)
  • tormztormz Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    cherokeesam;4289822 said:

OTOH, it *is* a popular duet, and *all* of these songs are duets, except for Total Eclipse. Makes me wonder if we're getting some version with Bonnie duetting with someone else....
    While not really a duet, per se, there is a male vocalist singing on the song as well. Regardless I agree that this is a great week for DLC if true
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    The Lady Antebellum tune I just heard for the first time on "Glee" the other night. Good tune. I'll be getting that one, too.
  • AnotherChrisAnotherChris Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    Wow. As stated by others, if this turns out to be accurate then it is a great week for DLC, at least for me and my usual group. It might be the first time I've grabbed an entire week of releases in one go. I really hope it's what we're getting.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited February 2011
    tormz;4289911 said:
    While not really a duet, per se, there is a male vocalist singing on the song as well. Regardless I agree that this is a great week for DLC if true

Yeah, and without Rory Dodd's vocals... "Turn around bright eyes"... it would not have been a hit. Heck, most people know the song as that particular phrase instead of the actual title.
  • TransbrakTransbrak Headliner
    edited February 2011
    Total Eclipse Of The Heart!!!
    Don't You Want Me!!!
    Obsession!!!

Holy Crap, I can't wait.
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited February 2011
    DONT YOU WANT ME BABY!!! DONT YOU WANT ME, OOOOOOOOOH :D

Oh my god.. yes! "Total Eclipse of the Heart" is a must for keys too~ OH~ and I've heard "Obsession" before too. Hope this is real.

Aw man, but we get Stevie Nicks and it's not "Stand Back"?
  • KonadorKonador Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Please be true, please be true, please be true...
  • mayhem117mayhem117 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Sweet! Definately getting Don't You Want Me, Paradise by the Dashboard Light, and Stop Draggin' My Heart Around (Stevie Nicks With Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers as the backing band!!!!!!!)
  • MPPMikeMPPMike Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    People still remember Animotion? Human League? This is another day for me to think "we get those but no Muse?" Not that I won't buy those two songs - I won't lie. Can't wait for Meat Loaf and Stevie Nicks to finally get into the game. (Yes we have Stevie in Fleetwood Mac, but not singing) I'll probably get "Total Eclipse" too. I've not heard the other two songs, but will give them a shot. Nice variety - that's for sure.
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    I really love the entire pack and it has great variety! It's also awesome that it is coming out (hopefully) on Friday! :)
  • JetWolfJetWolf Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    jayou521;4289924 said:

Well that wouldn't exactly fit the theme.

Besides the awesome that is this pack plus the awesome of more theme packs, I think it's a huge win. Plus it opens the door, you know? Lots of artists new to the game, and now their songs are that much more likely to appear later.
  • WilliamT8WilliamT8 Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    If we get stevie nicks, i would love to play edge of seventeen!
  • tormztormz Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    jayou521;4289924 said:

I'd have picked Leather & Lace over Stand Back or Stop Draggin My Heart Around
  • HairyManHairyMan Always Rock On The Bright Side Of Life
    edited February 2011
    Awesome. A nice 80's pack. Don't You Want Me Baby? Don't you want me, ooooooooooohhhhh-ho-o-oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!
  • princeofcupsprinceofcups Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Five out of seven ain't bad.

The funny thing is that I just posted that we need more singles.
  • DarkSaviorDarkSavior Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    I approve of RB3 DLC with female artists.
  • Happy DragonHappy Dragon Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Sayburr;4289857 said:
    I thought it was disrespectful to be celebrating DLC in a thread about people getting laid off from HMX. Maybe I was the only one, but I remember how it feels to get fired from a job and thought it a good idea to split the discussion up.

No. Not the only one. Thanks for splitting the topics.

As for the DLC, I will wait till actual confirmation from HMX before celebrating about these songs joining RB. Don't want to get my hopes too far up, 'cause it's a pretty awesome list of songs to be awfully disappointed about if they don't show up in the Friday announcement.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited February 2011
    MORE OLD PEOPLE MUomg hayley :3
  • Happy DragonHappy Dragon Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Konador;4289925 said:

Joins in chant

Please be true, please be true, please be true.....
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Some of the songs sound quite nice, especially the Meat Loaf song. Most of the stuff doesn't appeal to me, at least not on the first listen.
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Well, if this turns out to be true then I'll be very happy indeed. The songs from the 80s and earlier are all definite buys (I was at first disappointed that this wasn't that Obsession song from the 80s because I thought a different group did it, but it is that song!) and "Airplanes" actually sounds pretty decent--not necessarily the style of music I would go for in Rock Band normally, but the prominent piano and multi-vocals help to sell it. Not a fan of the Lady Antebellum song, but if it winds up being the "freebie" in the pack we may get it as collateral impact.
  • JetWolfJetWolf Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Something about it I was considering. The original "Dashboard" leak said it was coming Friday. The screenshot says 11 February which is Friday. Obviously anything beyond Monday is technically too late to be in time for Valentine's Day, which seems to be the theme of the supposed pack.

Assuming all this is true of course, perhaps a DLC release timed a bit earlier than usual?
  • JormJorm Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Wow, epic epic week if true.

My wife and I have often discussed how epic Paradise by the Dashboard Light would be for RB.

• scottydo222scottydo222 Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    So the current word passing around is that, in agreement with the original Meat Loaf rumor, that these tracks will be coming out on Friday. The screenshot floating around has February 11th as the date. Which is cool because apparently February 12th is being called "anti-Valentine Day".

What I'd love to see happen is the "Heartache Duet" pack on Friday, followed by a second "Found Love Duet" pack on Tuesday (for those who hooked up by singing the Heartache Pack, no doubt ;) ). Nice way to sandwich the holiday...
  • kriskokrisko Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    Great week. I might just have to buy all of these, but I'm especially looking forward to "Eclipse", "Airplanes", "Don't You Want Me Baby", "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" and "Need You Now". If this is true, that makes this my first-ever full pack purchase.
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    "More Than Words Can Say" by Alias remains as a song that I will continue to hope for in Rock Band. Love power ballads are perfect for a near Valentines Day release.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    DarkSavior;4289959 said:
    I approve of RB3 DLC with female artists.

As do I. More of this please, HMX.
    raynebc;4290029 said:
    "More Than Words Can Say" by Alias remains as a song that I will continue to hope for in Rock Band.

When I saw "Need You Now" I immediately thought of Alias. Great song.