Paper Valentines (Day)

MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
edited February 2011 in The Rock Band Network
RBN launch day was a couple of weeks after Valentines Day last year, so we barely missed out, but 2011 presents us the opportunity for a little pimpin' to you jilted lovers out there...

"Paper Valentines" by James William Roy, exclusively on the 360 (how about a PS3 port, HMX?), is still available for 80 MSP. Only a dollar! It's a little bit sweet, a little bit bitter. How's that taste, you say? Well here's a free sample to try for yourself!

"Paper Valentines" free MP3!

Expert chart preview video

RB.com artist page

Oddly enough, we'd *really* like you to give the mp3 a listen and pass the download link around to whomever you think might dig it. Buy the RBN track if it suits your taste, but mainly we want to get the music into people's ears! Also, visit www.TheJamesRocket.com for more free songs.

Anyway, enjoy Valentines Day as best you know how, whether it be snuggling up by the fire, or by tossing pictures of your Ex into the flames! ;)

Cheers,
- m

Comments

• DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    I support this.

Heck, I'll probably spend an hour or two in random BQP playing with people who have this song. And in three weeks I'll probably do the same with the Megamix, to celebrate RBN's one-year anniversary.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    I wish it would finally be released to PS3. It's a very nice song.
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Markleford;4292482 said:
    (how about a PS3 port, HMX?)

That would be just about the sweetest Valentine's Day present ever. *sigh*
  • MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    Tykki-Teme;4292892 said:
    I wish it would finally be released to PS3. It's a very nice song.
    Thanks! At least you can still give it an occasional play in an mp3 player until then. :)
    jawillroy;4293010 said:
    That would be just about the sweetest Valentine's Day present ever. *sigh*
    Maybe by February 2012! Perhaps it can be all gussied up with keys and harmonies for RBN 2.0 by then... heck maybe Pro Guitar/Bass for RBN 3.0, even, considering how far away that is! :D

- m
    edited February 2011
    Markleford;4293212 said:
    Maybe by February 2012!

You heard it here first, folks: We Are Crafting The Song That Ends The World.
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Markleford;4293212 said:
    Maybe by February 2012! Perhaps it can be all gussied up with keys and harmonies for RBN 2.0 by then... heck maybe Pro Guitar/Bass for RBN 3.0, even, considering how far away that is! :D
    Good to hear. I thought with you upselling the original here that plans for a potential upgrade had been scrapped. Thankfully, it seems no.
    edited February 2011
    Ultrace;4296273 said:
    Good to hear. I thought with you upselling the original here that plans for a potential upgrade had been scrapped. Thankfully, it seems no.

I'm not trying to say anything, but Markleford was telling me a Farfisa would sound pretty good in there... *whistling* :rolleyes:
    edited February 2011
    Ultrace;4296273 said:
    Well, it always made us die a little inside (!) to release our stuff without harmonies, so we figured it would be nice to add keys on top of that when given the chance for RBN 2.0. Y'know, as a little incentive.

But when will it happen? Dunno. We're talking about it (farfisa!), but my XNA membership has been lapsed for the past 3 months or so, and we have an actual album to finish: always other projects in the way!

So, yes, sometime. Hopefully. Given that I've yet to even think about charting a song on the new RBN 2.0 standards, it certainly isn't right around the corner!

And I definitely wouldn't dissuade someone from buying a fun $1 now for promise of a new version sometime in the future, though! On the contrary, some sustained interest (like yours and Davy!) is the best way to make sure people are still out there.

Cheers,
    - m
    edited February 2011
    Happy VD, folks. Here's your free "Paper Valentines" MP3!

http://thejamesrocket.com/thejamesrocket_files/paper_valentines_09.mp3

Now, go and share it with everybody, just like those sores you've been breaking out in.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Thanks man! Such a great little song. Will download the free MP3 and since I coincidently have exactly 80 msp left, I'll grab it off RBN as well! Been meaning to anyway ever since I heard it off the free RBN mix.

EDIT: Umm, that free "MP3" is just a place a to listen to the song. I can't find a way to download it.

Oh well, I'll just grab it off iTunes.
    edited February 2011
    To download on PC, right-click on the link and select 'Save link as...'. On Mac there's gotta be some sort of option/select/ctrl+click combination to bring up a similar save-as thing.

(As much as I'd hate to turn down an iTunes sale, free should mean free!)

- m
    edited February 2011
    Markleford;4299497 said:
    To download on PC, right-click on the link and select 'Save link as...'. On Mac there's gotta be some sort of option/select/ctrl+click combination to bring up a similar save-as thing.

(As much as I'd hate to turn down an iTunes sale, free should mean free!)

- m

Too late! I've already given you my money! Sucker!
    edited February 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4299506 said:
    Hah, well thanks for the donation, then! ;)

At any rate, plenty of other free downloads (in various stages of completion) at the website, too! Takes some sifting, but there's gold in them thar hills!

Cheers,
    - m
    edited February 2011
    Sifting? Sifting!? They're all peaches, y'all just gotta reach up and pick one.;)
    edited February 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4299506 said:

Wait, where? The 'Pape isn't up on iTunes yet, as far as I recall. . . My Bartender's Boyfriend is, but to pay for Paper Valentines you gotta get the whole EP from Ampeater.
    edited February 2011
    jawillroy;4300062 said:
    Wait, where? The 'Pape isn't up on iTunes yet, as far as I recall. . . My Bartender's Boyfriend is, but to pay for Paper Valentines you gotta get the whole EP from Ampeater.

I bought that, though you should put up Paper Valentines!
    edited February 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4300883 said:
    I bought that, though you should put up Paper Valentines!

Hey, Thanks! Actually, it should be going up in the next few weeks (iTunes needs a different format from me. . .)

Anyhow, there's a mess of free music you can just right-click-save-as from http://www.thejamesrocket.com ; check the archives, there's lots for you to hear.