And with that, the Rock Band Network 1.0 pipe is shut down.

ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
edited February 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Seems weird to have NO songs in testing or Peer Review at the moment when the last 18 months have been nothing but tons of songs staring at us to get tested.

Anyhow the songs have been cleared out, so as of an hour ago if the song hasn't made it through it'll have to come back as a 2.0 version.

The site should be back up Tuesday if all things go well, and 2.0 songs will start to upload to the process.

Tuesdays store update should be the last of the Rock Band 2 compatible tracks. (I'm fairly certain anyway).

Been a weird, long, tiring, but fun ride for 1.0, but now the process is about to start all over again!

I need a nap :p

Comments

• jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4294986 said:
    I think we're okay.
    Excellent! Glad to hear it.
  • MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    Well, certainly there are enough genres represented on the 360 side...

...but will the PS3 ports see some more material with harmonies and keys?

- m
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Markleford;4295076 said:

- m
    I'm sure they will. I'm also sure 80% of it will be metal.
    edited February 2011
    Huh. I guess I'll have to practice the meedlymeedlymeedly. And cookie monster vocals.:rolleyes:
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Markleford;4295076 said:

- m

If Ultra Saturday still doesn't get some PS3 ports after we release our RBN 2.0 material I might bust a blood vessel :p ... We've yet to officially buy and play our own material!
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    jawillroy;4295097 said:
    And cookie monster vocals.:rolleyes:

I know exactly what you mean.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    can´t wait for rbn 2.0 songs :D
    edited February 2011
    raynebc;4295214 said:
    I know exactly what you mean.

But really, I'd have to top this, and how could I ever?
    edited February 2011
    jawillroy;4295384 said:

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    edited February 2011
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    I'm excited to see what the future holds.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    I detect awesomness in our future.

You know, we should really contact the former Guitar Hero division of Activision and tell them about the RBN. It's always great to expand the network, and with their combined experience and skill, they could probabably make a massive charting organization themselves. They'd probably be good at getting some larger bands as well. I say the more the merrier.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    TubaDude49;4295549 said:
    I detect awesomness in our future.

You know, we should really contact the former Guitar Hero division of Activision and tell them about the RBN. It's always great to expand the network, and with their combined experience and skill, they could probabably make a massive charting organization themselves. They'd probably be good at getting some larger bands as well. I say the more the merrier.

At the risk of sounding cruel, any GH developer that isn't aware of RBN by now deserves to be laid off.
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited February 2011
    Glad "Peace of Mind" made it through :D
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Great work making the 1000 song achievement! Looking forward to keys and harmonies for the 2.0 songs.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    lvmathemagician;4295600 said:
    At the risk of sounding cruel, any GH developer that isn't aware of RBN by now deserves to be laid off.

Fine, a friendly reminder that we'd be happy to have them aboard
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited February 2011
    Also for those wondering when songs will start getting released into the store again :

There's nothing coming out on 2.0 launch day, and actually Tuesday's update will probably be the last update for RBN for a good many weeks (I'd say to the bare minimum 3, and that's probably pushing it.)

See there is nothing new in testing now, and won't be until Tuesday. That is IF everything goes smoothly with 2.0 coming online.

If everything does go smoothly, everything will have a bare minimum of 2 weeks of playtesting, not to mention however long Peer Review takes after that. Now couple in the fact that there is a BUNCH of new features including pro keys that are going to take a while for us to get a proper handle (us being the authoring community in general), and the fact that there are probably a limited number of people that can properly test Pro keys, and there might not be any new tracks for quite a while as we adjust to all this.

The reason there were so many tracks when RBN1.0 opened was because we were actually all authoring and testing since September, and the store didn't go live till March.

Now I'm not saying that is going to be the amount of time until new releases start flowing again, but I wouldn't expect anything new to hit the RBN store for at least a month.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited February 2011
    One thing I will say about RBN 2.0 is I hope that we're not going to see like 95% keyboard intensive songs now from the labels, etc. It's something I could really see happening, at least at first.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    kingtonyx;4296465 said:
    One thing I will say about RBN 2.0 is I hope that we're not going to see like 95% keyboard intensive songs now from the labels, etc. It's something I could really see happening, at least at first.

Well, we've got... I think 9 keys-free tracks on our plate right now, including the Mafia Track Suit songs that we're gonna push pretty hard right out of the gate. And one label we're partnering with doesn't even have much in the way of keys parts to worry about.
    edited February 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4296470 said:
    Well, we've got... I think 9 keys-free tracks on our plate right now, including the Mafia Track Suit songs that we're gonna push pretty hard right out of the gate. And one label we're partnering with doesn't even have much in the way of keys parts to worry about.

Cool beans :D
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    What's all this hate for Keys guys, if a song has keys, then they must be charted. Willing to buy new songs for my new peripheral, hope HMX has good plans regarding RBN 2.0 for us PS3 users too!
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    LunaticSoul;4296477 said:
    What's all this hate for Keys guys, if a song has keys, then they must be charted. Willing to buy new songs for my new peripheral, hope HMX has good plans regarding RBN 2.0 for us PS3 users too!

Very true, though there's great songs without keys as well. No sense in excluding them.
  • WolfsbaneWolfsbane Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    Gowan would be fun on Keys! comon 2.0!
    edited February 2011
    LunaticSoul;4296477 said:
    What's all this hate for Keys guys, if a song has keys, then they must be charted.

I don't see it as hating on the keys, necessarily - but if it gets perceived that songs without keys are somehow deficient, then that might end up excluding a lot of songs that might otherwise be introduced. Which would be too bad!
  • axelkotheaxelkothe Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    Wouldn't this change to RBN2 be a great opportunity to reduce the price of older RBN songs to make them more attractive compared to the new ones with all the new features....? Have there been any price changes lately?
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    I'm curious about the mentality of "Well it has keys so everything else is probably boring" ... Our songs will blow that theory out of the water I think.
    edited February 2011
    wesjett08;4296585 said:
    I'm curious about the mentality of "Well it has keys so everything else is probably boring" ... Our songs will blow that theory out of the water I think.

Oh no, that's not the case at all! I mean for the most part all of my new songs will have keys too but for example a band like A Day To Remember or All That Remains. All I'm saying is that I'm hoping bands like that aren't pushed to the side for their lack of keys.
  • MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    axelkothe;4296541 said:
    Wouldn't this change to RBN2 be a great opportunity to reduce the price of older RBN songs to make them more attractive compared to the new ones with all the new features....?
    Yeah, that would be a good approach for re-released tunes. But many existing tunes sell on their drum or bass chart, and will continue to sell well to people who frankly don't care about keys and harmonies.

And unfortunately, if you started by releasing your tunes at the minimum price, as we did, there's nowhere left to go down if you do a re-release!

(And we'll *always* release our stuff at the minimum price: people come up with enough reasons for not spending a measly $1 to try something, why give them any more reasons to not take a chance at $2 or $3?)

- m
    edited February 2011
    oh, and a quick question, for those authors who are updating their tracks, how are you going to put it in the store? as XXXXX 2.0 or XXXXX 2.0 version? X been the name of the song..
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    JoshVanHalen87;4296623 said:
    oh, and a quick question, for those authors who are updating the tracks, how are you going to put it in the store? as XXXXX 2.0 or XXXXX 2.0 version? X been the name of the song..
    Pretty sure all updates will be the same as official DLC: "XXXXX (RB3 Version)".