Wheres the RBN 2.0 Songs?

XzalorXzalor Rising Star
edited February 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I'm just interested cause I haven't seen any yet. Like have they released the program for RBN 2.0 yet? Cause I got this keyboard that could use some songs and I'm very eager to buy!

Comments

• FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    They've released all the tools but one- the Creators Club, where authors all get together to playtest, peer review, and release their tracks. That's supposed to go live tomorrow. But all those things I mentioned are processes, and they take time. So you probably won't be seeing steady RBN2.0 content until next month.
  • XzalorXzalor Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Cool. Thanks for that cause I'm extremely excited for this! :)
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Xzalor;4299622 said:
    Cool. Thanks for that cause I'm extremely excited for this! :)

Trust me, as excited as you are to have songs to play on that keyboard, we're just as excited (if not more) to bring you guys songs for it. We just need the pipeline to open, and then the fun begins again. :)
    edited February 2011
    I just hope you got some awesome songs coming to RBN. Put in Pro Keys and Harmonies and I'll be all over that junk. :D
    edited February 2011
    Xzalor;4299651 said:
    I just hope you got some awesome songs coming to RBN. Put in Pro Keys and Harmonies and I'll be all over that junk. :D

I can't say all of what we're working on yet (though we may have an announcement tomorrow) but we've definitely got some songs down the line with keys, harmonies, or both! The only ones I can tease right now that are coming from us with keys (all instrumentals) are Shylo Elliott's "Cool Concoction" (awesome keys solo and keys/guitar duel) and "Dark Escape" (atmospheric-style chords with two keys solos of extended-sustain melody), and Jacob Chaney's "Cluster #2 (RB3 Version)" (Wild madness going everywhere).

While you wait, surf YouTube for some RBN2 preview videos the other authors have uploaded. Plenty of awesome keys/harmonies stuff there to look forward to!
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Arcanon;4299672 said:
    While you wait, surf YouTube for some RBN2 preview videos the other authors have uploaded. Plenty of awesome keys/harmonies stuff there to look forward to!

Definitely. There hasn't been a single song I've seen coming to RBN2 that I don't at least think is really good minus maybe the Freen In Green track.
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    I've been ready for RBN2 since E3. I hope you guys enjoy what I put out. :)
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Can't wait for RBN 2.0 songs. Loved RBN back when we were in RB2 days and I couldn't care less about keys and harmonies :p.. Can't wait to see the new stuff :p
  • cwilburcwilbur Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    Arcanon;4299672 said:
    "Dark Escape" (atmospheric-style chords with two keys solos of extended-sustain melody)

This Dark Escape description intrigues me and I wish to learn more. Would you by chance have a link to a preview video?
    edited February 2011
    cwilbur;4300176 said:
    This Dark Escape description intrigues me and I wish to learn more. Would you by chance have a link to a preview video?

We're still putting finishing touches on the song, so no preview video yet, but we will make one. In the meantime you can listen to it at http://shyloelliott.bandcamp.com/track/dark-escape.

The first solo will have you holding a sustain next to every note, and the second is more of a "broken chords" type of extended sustain. It also has one of the best basslines I've ever authored and played.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    LunaticSoul;4299909 said:
    Can't wait for RBN 2.0 songs. Loved RBN back when we were in RB2 days and I couldn't care less about keys and harmonies :p.. Can't wait to see the new stuff :p
    So you do care about keys and harmonies?
    edited February 2011
    Ok so I just listened to "Dark Escape"

I'm totally buying that. :DDD