RBN2 Website Update

Hey gang,

The launch of the RBN2 website, originally planned for this morning, has been postponed until, at least, late this afternoon. We’re working through some last-minute technical issues and will have another update for you later today.

Thank you for your patience.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Just got an update from HMXMisterGame. The RBN2 launch has been postponed again until late tomorrow, at the earliest. We will keep you updated as soon as we have another estimate. More updates when things start moving forward!
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited February 2011
    Hello all.

We made good progress yesterday and have the RBN2 site almost ready on our end. We are currently working through issues with Microsoft. I don't have an ETA for the site to re-launch but I will post again here early this afternoon with another update.
    edited February 2011
    Another quick update. We continue to make good progress but haven't worked out all the bugs yet. At this point it seems unlikely we'll have time to fully test the site before the end of the day. We'll update you all with more info tomorrow morning.
    edited February 2011
    Apologies for the late update. We're still working on an issue with Microsoft, and are not going to be able to resolve it in time to launch today. We will try again tomorrow morning.
    edited February 2011
    After a long and frustrating day we are, alas, no closer to resolving our issue with Microsoft. We'll keep working tonight, but the site won't launch until Tuesday Morning, Feb 22nd at the earliest, as Harmonix is closed on Monday the 21st.

Sorry about the prolonged downtime, guys. I don't think anyone is as unhappy about it as we are right now :-(
    edited February 2011
    We made significant progress today. There is still one problem remaining but the biggest issue has been resolved. With luck I'll have positive news for you tomorrow morning.

Thanks again for your patience.
    edited February 2011
    Hi Guys.

Well, at last some good news. We've ironed out what we think are all the issues and are now in the final stages of testing. Barring any catastrophic issues (our web developer referred to "...a plague of locusts or a rampaging backhoe...") we will be re-launching the site tomorrow before noon.

Thank you for all your patience during this extended downtime. Fingers crossed!
    edited February 2011
    We've run into another blocking issue and are working through it now. We will most likely NOT be able to launch the site today. I'll post again here when I have more information.
    edited February 2011
    The creators site should be back up and running shortly. Please check the announcements forum prior to submitting a song as there are still a few issues with the site.

We wanted to get it up and running before we finished all the little fixes. Thanks for your patience.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited March 2011
    Hi, creators!

We're up and running again at creators.rockband.com. Please check the Announcements folder over there before you upload anything. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.