Will anything not make it?

macamaticmacamatic Road Warrior
edited February 2011 in The Rock Band Network
There are some songs that were in PT/PR when they shut down the RB1 pipeline (such as "Stabbing the Drama") that I was really looking forward to. The story on these is that they must be resubmitted as RBN2 songs if their authors want them to be on the store.

Now, that's not a problem for the small single-man authors who are active in the community and have been following this change and looking forward to updating their songs. It also won't be an issue for a group like TAG for the same reasons. My concern is on some of the other ones that handle bigger bands.

A lot of these authors have been known to leave songs untouched for months and just be generally uninvolved. That's fine if that's how they want to roll, but my concern is this: will any songs fall by the wayside? These are all songs that weren't getting much attention as it is, or they'd be out by now. Will we lose some of them permanently?

Comments

• ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited February 2011
    Just depends.

We're working with a client that takes forever and a day to upload the revisions we send them.

Like months long.

I'd imagine some of the other groups are in the same boat and it's frustrating to say the least when you turn in work on time, and it doesn't show up for months on end.

I'd have to imagine that would explain the long delay between versions on some of the songs you've noticed as well.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Some songs have been failed in quarantine for one reason or another (not sure if I can say which or why.)
  • jarodtoiletboyjarodtoiletboy Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    When RBN first launched, one of the names mentioned was Steevi St. Jaimz as having stuff coming.
    He's the singer from the 1st Tigertailz record(80's Glam).
    I always hope to see it up, but nothing ever happened.
    I hope it just is really slow like Evenecence was.
  • macamaticmacamatic Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    My real concern isn't things that were announced and never came to fruition; it's songs that were in development, got purged when they shut down the RBN pipeline, and may never see the light of day again. The point is that I'd hate to see songs disappear solely due to the transition.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    macamatic;4300369 said:
    My real concern isn't things that were announced and never came to fruition; it's songs that were in development, got purged when they shut down the RBN pipeline, and may never see the light of day again. The point is that I'd hate to see songs disappear solely due to the transition.

I doubt the transition would mean the cancellation of some songs. During the last week or so of RBN1, everyone was trying to push every song they could through before the pipeline closed. There is obviously urgency in releasing these, and I have no doubt they'll return, probably with new features, to finally be released.

If a song doesn't come back, I doubt it'd be the transition causing that.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    jarodtoiletboy;4300348 said:
    When RBN first launched, one of the names mentioned was Steevi St. Jaimz as having stuff coming.
    He's the singer from the 1st Tigertailz record(80's Glam).
    I always hope to see it up

Oh man, that would be awesome.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4300164 said:
    Just depends.

We're working with a client that takes forever and a day to upload the revisions we send them.

Like months long.

I'd imagine some of the other groups are in the same boat and it's frustrating to say the least when you turn in work on time, and it doesn't show up for months on end.

I'd have to imagine that would explain the long delay between versions on some of the songs you've noticed as well.
    One of the few benefits of working alone. Yeah, I know what you mean though, especially when one of your clients has an overeactive spam filter that filters out anything not labeled "Note From Your Website". Even though I manage all the uploading accounts, there are times when I need to get information
  • BrutalBrianBrutalBrian Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    I remember Imperative Reaction winning a RBN contest of some sort by a landslide and I guess the person working on the song for RBN gave up. That sucks, I was really looking forward to it.

I'd love to get an XNA Membership and help yopu folks playtest some of these songs, as I get one at a discount from my college, but I need to pay bills, and there is just no money left over for me. :/

That said, really looking forward to what gets released under RBN 2.0.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Imperative Reaction is still coming, but as Noble said, the label is very slow when it comes to uploading. ;)
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    BrutalBrian;4300540 said:
    I remember Imperative Reaction winning a RBN contest of some sort by a landslide and I guess the person working on the song for RBN gave up. That sucks, I was really looking forward to it.

I'd love to get an XNA Membership and help yopu folks playtest some of these songs, as I get one at a discount from my college, but I need to pay bills, and there is just no money left over for me. :/

I know they can't upload, but can Dreamspark accounts playtest? If so, you can get that for free for being a student
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited February 2011
    BrutalBrian;4300540 said:

They didn't give up.I have it on GOOD authority that the song is still coming.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    TubaDude49;4300512 said:
    One of the few benefits of working alone. Yeah, I know what you mean though, especially when one of your clients has an overeactive spam filter that filters out anything not labeled "Note From Your Website". Even though I manage all the uploading accounts, there are times when I need to get information

Funny story ('cause I just love sharing it), we almost never worked with Highlord because their first email to us went to the spam folder. I happened to scan the folder before clearing it out and saw their email, so now I do it rigorously just to be safe. ...It has never been useful since, but still.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    TubaDude49;4300563 said:
    I know they can't upload, but can Dreamspark accounts playtest? If so, you can get that for free for being a student

From personal experience, no they cannot. I had to wait until I could set up the company account before I could begin playtesting. Dreamspark and other trial accounts are unable to access the PT/PR areas.
  • mrjsr05mrjsr05 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    macamatic;4300159 said:
    There are some songs that were in PT/PR when they shut down the RB1 pipeline (such as "Stabbing the Drama") that I was really looking forward to. The story on these is that they must be resubmitted as RBN2 songs if their authors want them to be on the store.

Now, that's not a problem for the small single-man authors who are active in the community and have been following this change and looking forward to updating their songs. It also won't be an issue for a group like TAG for the same reasons. My concern is on some of the other ones that handle bigger bands.

A lot of these authors have been known to leave songs untouched for months and just be generally uninvolved. That's fine if that's how they want to roll, but my concern is this: will any songs fall by the wayside? These are all songs that weren't getting much attention as it is, or they'd be out by now. Will we lose some of them permanently?
    I'm looking forward to Stabbing the drama to.
  • BrutalBrianBrutalBrian Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4300596 said:
    They didn't give up.I have it on GOOD authority that the song is still coming.

Score. That's good to hear. I also hope the inclusion of keys helps open the floodgate for more EBM, Electro, and some Aggrotech too.
  • macamaticmacamatic Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Arcanon;4300415 said:
    I doubt the transition would mean the cancellation of some songs. During the last week or so of RBN1, everyone was trying to push every song they could through before the pipeline closed. There is obviously urgency in releasing these, and I have no doubt they'll return, probably with new features, to finally be released.

If a song doesn't come back, I doubt it'd be the transition causing that.
    Well there's no doubt that there's an underlying issue if the song doesn't get resubmitted. I'm just worried that it could act as a catalyst (or excuse) for the song disappearing altogether.