Songs That Never Made It

LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
edited February 2011 in The Rock Band Network
There are several songs that were supposed to be released for RBN 1.0, but never made it. What songs were you stoked for that didn't make deadline? Discuss. Who knows, maybe they'll be put into RBN2.0 (but that's up to the authors, of coarse).

Comments

• OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    There were actually no songs involved in the Valentines day massacre. Everything either passed or failed in PR before the 11th.
    edited February 2011
    New post because the forum doesn't seem to want to let me edit my post...

I'm pretty sure that any songs that didn't make it through will simply be reuploaded (with updated stuff required for RBN2, like the new venue system) when the site comes back up. There's no reason why a song would be scrapped just because it didn't pass in RBN1.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited February 2011
    If we're talking about songs that up and vanished then :Slaughter - Fly to the AngelsBlondie - AtomicSmashing Pumpkins - Bullet with Butterfly WingsRomantics - Talking in your sleepFame - Point Defiance and Snoop DoggSome Postman - Presidents of the United States of AmericaRed Parrot - Revolting CocksWatch Yourself - MinistryRobo Bandidos - Revolting CocksLet's Go - MinistryLife is Good - MinistryTeenage Dirtbag - WheatusStabbing the Drama - SoilworkPower of the Damager - ProngCan't Stop the Bleeding - ProngWorst of it - ProngSticks and Stones - Tijuana SweetheartBigger than kiss - Teenage BottlerocketHopefully these pop back up again in the future.
    edited February 2011
    Wow. The forums gone ******ed. That wasn't all jumbled up like that when I typed it :x
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Last I checked Rhythm Authors had those Ministry songs on their site, along with the Secondhand Serenade song that had a short stint in playtesting.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4300984 said:
    If we're talking about songs that up and vanished then :Slaughter - Fly to the AngelsBlondie - AtomicSmashing Pumpkins - Bullet with Butterfly WingsRomantics - Talking in your sleepFame - Point Defiance and Snoop DoggSome Postman - Presidents of the United States of AmericaRed Parrot - Revolting CocksWatch Yourself - MinistryRobo Bandidos - Revolting CocksLet's Go - MinistryLife is Good - MinistryTeenage Dirtbag - WheatusStabbing the Drama - SoilworkPower of the Damager - ProngCan't Stop the Bleeding - ProngWorst of it - ProngSticks and Stones - Tijuana SweetheartBigger than kiss - Teenage BottlerocketHopefully these pop back up again in the future.

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA.....

Somebody nearly got Slaughter onto RBN and then it just... disappeared!??!!?!?!?!?

..... my life sucks.

EDIT: WAIT, AND TEENAGE DIRTBAG?!?!?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!??!?!!?

EDIT2: Somebody, PLLLLEEEEEAASSSEEE work on getting those back into Peer Review or whatever. I'd literally kill for those.

EDIT3: Ok, so these will probably just come back once RBN2.0 goes up? Please tell me! AH!
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    Oscarvarium;4300960 said:
    New post because the forum doesn't seem to want to let me edit my post...

I'm pretty sure that any songs that didn't make it through will simply be reuploaded (with updated stuff required for RBN2, like the new venue system) when the site comes back up. There's no reason why a song would be scrapped just because it didn't pass in RBN1.
    Has there been any change to the minimum requirements of a song besides pro drums now being required for songs with drums? (i.e. As long as a song already has pro drums charted, is there any reason an author wouldn't just upload it again as if it had expired/failed normally?)

I've been assuming that pretty much everything that didn't make it through and wasn't a candidate for keys or harmonies would just go straight back into the pipeline. If any author hadn't charted pro drums to something and would rather drop the song now than go back and add them, I'm not sure if I want to buy their songs anyway.
    edited February 2011
    Quazifuji;4301159 said:
    Has there been any change to the minimum requirements of a song besides pro drums now being required for songs with drums? (i.e. As long as a song already has pro drums charted, is there any reason an author wouldn't just upload it again as if it had expired/failed normally?)

I've been assuming that pretty much everything that didn't make it through and wasn't a candidate for keys or harmonies would just go straight back into the pipeline. If any author hadn't charted pro drums to something and would rather drop the song now than go back and add them, I'm not sure if I want to buy their songs anyway.
    There's a completely new venue system for RBN2.0 and all songs that didn't pass will need to be rebuilt with new venue tracks (or heavily modified ones, I don't do venues myself so I don't really know how they've changed). There are also a few new features like practice sections, and the trill, strum, and roll markers that may be desired.

In general, though, I'd say most songs could probably go straight back up with just a new venue, and Magma 2 has a fairly decent (so I've heard) automatic venue generation system that will surely help with that.
  • johnnyboybladejohnnyboyblade Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    Great, just great. Before reading this thread I was ever so blissfully ignorant of the fact that I nearly got Prong/Ministry/Smashing Pumpkins/Presidents of the United States of America/Slaughter/Soilwork/Arch Enemy

This reminds me of that time Guitar Hero WOR got the first DLC I was going to purchase.....You know the week with Children of Bodom/Black Label Society/Marilyn Manson.... AKA the week Activision announced they were disbanding Guitar Hero -_-

I don't suppose anyone is able/allowed to tell me whether any of the above bands (RBN ones) are actually going to come back do they?
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Pierce The Veil's Caraphernilia, but hopefully it comes back with some sick harmonies splitting the two singers so I'm willing to wait for the updated version!
    edited February 2011
    johnnyboyblade;4301186 said:
    Great, just great. Before reading this thread I was ever so blissfully ignorant of the fact that I nearly got Prong/Ministry/Smashing Pumpkins/Presidents of the United States of America/Slaughter/Soilwork/Arch Enemy

This reminds me of that time Guitar Hero WOR got the first DLC I was going to purchase.....You know the week with Children of Bodom/Black Label Society/Marilyn Manson.... AKA the week Activision announced they were disbanding Guitar Hero -_-

I don't suppose anyone is able/allowed to tell me whether any of the above bands (RBN ones) are actually going to come back do they?

Slaughter, Pumpkins, and Blondie were put up by EMI. We're almost 100% sure that EMI has dropped RBN support so these most likely won't be back.Presidents of the United States was in the game due to someone (we never found out who) saying they were HMX. I was always hopeful that an authoring group would contact them and get them back but so far no.Soilwork, Ministry, and Prong, has popped up two or three times over the year so I'm hopping it's just one of those submitters that takes forever and a day to come back with revisions.So I'd say there's hope for some of them ;)
    edited February 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4301328 said:
    Slaughter, Pumpkins, and Blondie were put up by EMI. We're almost 100% sure that EMI has dropped RBN support so these most likely won't be back.

Yep. I'm gonna go kill myself.
    edited February 2011
    Oh and not to dogpile you seymour, but Teenage dirtbag had some issues where the label got all pissy about it (even though they re-recorded it with a new version for RBN.)So the label is what is holding this up, and from last I heard it's unknown if it will ever be back.Alt strum were the group handling it so you might pop into their thread and see if they have any updates.
    edited February 2011
    And it was a re-record? Potentially a better version? Eh, I doubt it. He probably would've recorded it without the prepubescent vocals for one reason or another which would've made it just not the same.

And yes, I'm just trying to make myself feel better!

*sigh*

At least there's still Alien Ant Farm to look forward to.
    edited February 2011
    johnnyboyblade;4301186 said:
    Soilwork/Arch Enemy
    I'm very sure those two will be back, especially Arch Enemy.
  • ThunderfootThunderfoot Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    There were three songs by F*cked Up that I was looking forward to. Are those still coming or did they die on the vine?
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited February 2011
    There were 2 songs in playtest that, if they were in PR, I would've failed because they needed more work. They didn't make it in RBN1. But if they are recharted for RBN2, I will buy them. Specifically, they were Dead Again and Mallet of Metal, both by RedRockCharters songs. I heart nerdy comedy songs.
  • JRock201 JRock201 Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    The Romantics - Talking in Your Sleep. Yes please!!!!
  • Coltfan1223Coltfan1223 Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Also the Circa Survive song and Billy Idol- Dancing With Myself
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited February 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4300984 said:

WHAT!?! Those songs kick ass! Why aren't they available? I've seen some answers, but still!
  • RiceBallsRiceBalls Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    what ever happened to Dark Tranquillity and Nevermore?
    edited February 2011
    RiceBalls;4302318 said:
    what ever happened to Dark Tranquillity and Nevermore?
    There was never any Dark Tranquility in testing (correct me if I'm wrong), and Nevermore should be back once RBN2.0 launches.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4301328 said:
    Slaughter, Pumpkins, and Blondie were put up by EMI. We're almost 100% sure that EMI has dropped RBN support so these most likely won't be back.

Somebody, get on this. Go spam EMI until they come crawling back.
    They have...
    Depache Mode
    The Beach Boys
    Pink Floyd(Yeah, not if they have anything to say about it.)
    AFI
    Blur
    David Bowie
    Daft Punk
    Queen
    The Vines
    The White Stripes
    etc...
  • RiceBallsRiceBalls Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    ok. i havent heard anything about dark tran. since they were announced.
    edited February 2011
    TubaDude49;4302332 said:
    Somebody, get on this. Go spam EMI until they come crawling back.
    They have...
    AFI
    Is that old or new AFI? If old, I will spam like no tomorrow.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    DragoonXD;4302336 said:
    Is that old or new AFI? If old, I will spam like no tomorrow.

I'm not sure, a quick search show that they are currently signed to EMI, but sometimes the new company gets the back catalog(as how Warner got REM's catalog from EMI)
    edited February 2011
    I'm sure it's completely possible for someone else to try and go for some Slaughter. More specifically, Up All Night.

Somebody, PLEASE! I will literally pay whoever does one year of their XNA subscription.

I.Am.Dead.F***ing.Serious.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited February 2011
    I was disappointed that the other two Chrome Coma songs disappeared. I really loved Bow Down. Those songs even had multiple revisions and even some peer review attempts. Hopefully the band (who was doing their own charting) will return or some charting group will reach out to the them.

There were also two tracks from The Narwhal that were very interesting to say the least. Hope they reappear sometime.
  • SpongyeSpongye Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    Coltfan1223;4301982 said:
    Also the Circa Survive song and Billy Idol- Dancing With Myself

WHAT.
    CIRCA.
    SURVIVE. http://www.rockband.com/forums/images/smilies/eek.png
    SONGS?
    edited February 2011
    Casto21;4302438 said:
    I was disappointed that the other two Chrome Coma songs disappeared. I really loved Bow Down. Those songs even had multiple revisions and even some peer review attempts. Hopefully the band (who was doing their own charting) will return or some charting group will reach out to the them.
    Gosh, how did I forget about those? If "New Illusion" is to ever come out, it will be by far my favorite RBN song. The band also said they were charting "Live Out Loud", which I would've really liked. I'll try and contact them and see if they'll get back on board.