2011(and beyond!) MLB thread.

Comments

• Dante1847Dante1847 Headliner
    edited April 2011
    wow, Sox effectively guaranteed that the M's will take 2/3 against them, which is just unacceptable
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited April 2011
    Dante1847;4382496 said:
    wow, Sox effectively guaranteed that the M's will take 2/3 against them, which is just unacceptable

I know, that means that Seattle can only win like 20 more games to still meet darkwinterbeast's prediction.
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited April 2011
    clashcityrocker10;4382666 said:
    I know, that means that Seattle can only win like 20 more games to still meet darkwinterbeast's prediction.

It's likely they'll exceed it at this point. I didn't expect them to have a 4 game winning streak all year. :p
  • gmarshgmarsh Headliner
    edited April 2011
    Sox tonight: 0-11 with RISP. I think 5 years were taken off my life with that game. Tomorrow's pitching matchup: King Felix Vs. Wakefield, I'll give a slight advantage to Seattle...
    edited May 2011
    not enough bad things to say about the Sox offense. We're gonna get swept by the mother****ing Mariners at home.

my blood pressure is getting dangerously high
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited May 2011
    Five in a row, woohoo~!
    darkwinterbeast8;4383165 said:
    It's likely they'll exceed it at this point. I didn't expect them to have a 4 game winning streak all year. :p

I have to ask you again. You weren't seriously serious with that "prediction," were you? I mean, really? Really?
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited May 2011
    Five in a row, woohoo~!
    darkwinterbeast8;4383165 said:

I have to ask you again. You weren't seriously serious with that "prediction," were you? I mean, really? Really?
  • ultimatespidey81ultimatespidey81 Headliner
    edited May 2011
    so the sox are pieces of caca. good lord are they stinking it up. after such a nice little start that first week and change its just all gone wrong. from the blown saves to the hitting, for ****s sake.

im supposed to go on the 16th of this month but the way they are playing im seriously thinking about not going.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited May 2011
    ultimatespidey81;4383504 said:
    so the sox are pieces of caca. good lord are they stinking it up. after such a nice little start that first week and change its just all gone wrong. from the blown saves to the hitting, for ****s sake.

im supposed to go on the 16th of this month but the way they are playing im seriously thinking about not going.

Wait...are we talking a home game at Fenway? If so go no matter what. To much fun there no matter what actually happens during the game. (Of course, if they are playing well, it's all that much better).
    edited May 2011
    when i speak of the sox, i mean the white sox. when i say "sawks", i mean the red sox.

the sox actually had a good start to the season, unlike the sawks. pay attention! haha
    edited May 2011
    ultimatespidey81;4383526 said:
    when i speak of the sox, i mean the white sox. when i say "sawks", i mean the red sox.

the sox actually had a good start to the season, unlike the sawks. pay attention! haha

I should've realized we were talking different S awks/ox. Since I haven't followed the ChiSox I didn't realize their season was as badly in the dumps as the BoSox. My bad. :) Either way, you should go to the game. It's obvious you're a huge baseball fan and seeing the games live no matter the outcome way beats watching it on TV.
    edited May 2011
    yeah i think i went to around 15 games last year. love baseball. even when my team is ****ting the bed.
  • gmarshgmarsh Headliner
    edited May 2011
    Bobby Jenks for sale! 25 cents! Bobby Jenks for sale!
  • DerLindwurmDerLindwurm Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Wow, do the Dodgers ever suck.
  • edited May 2011
    DerLindwurm;4383715 said:
    Wow, do the Dodgers ever suck.

But Andre Ethier. :)
  • DerLindwurmDerLindwurm Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    What good does the streak really do, though?
    edited May 2011
    Gets attention away from the McCourt fiasco?
    edited May 2011
    and kemp too.

so much has gone bad for the dodgers though. from the ownership to the fan beating early in the year. hope they get back to contending. baseball is better wen the dodgers are winning.
    edited May 2011
    And the Mets win! But it took way too long because they left way too many people on base.
    edited May 2011
    Well...that was a big waste of 4 hours and 44 minutes.... way to lose to the last place Mets :(

EDIT: oh, and congrats Clashcity... :)
  • edited May 2011
    I'm very happy with my Marlins. Hopefully LoMo comes back soon. :)
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited May 2011
    SheSaidSheSaid;4383363 said:

I was although since it was a Pre-Season pick I didn't factor in Pineda pitching well when making said prediction, otherwise I'd have predicted 60 wins for the M's (like more sane fans). Love that they're overachieving the dismal standards I expected them to have, it actually makes me enjoy their games which wasn't the case last year when I expected them to win the AL West with King Felix, Cliff Lee, and a small ball lineup that in hindsight played like they could've lost the little league world series.
  • edited May 2011
    darkwinterbeast8;4384060 said:
    I was although since it was a Pre-Season pick I didn't factor in Pineda pitching well when making said prediction, otherwise I'd have predicted 60 wins for the M's (like more sane fans). Love that they're overachieving the dismal standards I expected them to have, it actually makes me enjoy their games which wasn't the case last year when I expected them to win the AL West with King Felix, Cliff Lee, and a small ball lineup that in hindsight played like they could've lost the little league world series.

I picked up Pineda in fantasy. Keep up the good work Mikey.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited May 2011
    Chris Young pitched another good game yesterday, in Philly of all places. His great year continues.
    edited May 2011
    Red Sox are undefeated in May yo!
    edited May 2011
    Mega-Tallica;4384272 said:
    Chris Young pitched another good game yesterday, in Philly of all places. His great year continues.

His first start in Philly was also a shutdown performance, if I remember correctly.
  • bermuddybermuddy 100.000 Wasted Years
    edited May 2011
    your first place florida marlins!
  • edited May 2011
    bermuddy;4385014 said:
    your first place florida marlins!

You know it.
    edited May 2011
    i knew they were playing well but i didn't know they playing that well. josh johnson is man-crush #1 at this point. i want him to bear my children!
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited May 2011
    I have 8 HR's left on the bench this year. ****ing Luke Scott...