2011(and beyond!) MLB thread.

Comments

• Spring Training has started.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Happy New Year!
    I'll be at the Nationals game today.
  • As a Mariners fan this whould've been at the start of Spring Training but it's relevant here.
  • M_Robbins5M_Robbins5 Road Warrior
    Pleasantly surprised by the Angels first week, but without improvement to the pitching I see no way they can remain competitive.
  • Surprised that Toronto has the fewest wins thus far this season. Even the lowly Mariners have more wins.

Speaking of the Mariners, they have unveiled a statue of their only Hall of Famer that went in as a Mariner. Sadly, this will likely be their best highlight in this disaster of a season.
  • YUMMM!!!

Though to be fair, eating grasshoppers seems to be a good distraction from this (yet another) dreadful season of Mariners Baseball.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I'd try them, but my impression is that they are about half as tasty as potato chips with the same seasoning on them. But healthier (roasted + all protein instead of deep fried carbs).
  • Perhaps someone can make them closer to 75-80% as tasty as potato chips with the right herbs and spices. Either way, when in Rome or this case Safeco Field watching the atrocity that is Mariners baseball.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

I'd try them, but my impression is that they are about half as tasty as potato chips with the same seasoning on them. But healthier (roasted + all protein instead of deep fried carbs).

Their texture of grasshoppers is too light and crispy for the denser part of the meat inside. I'm not a huge fan, even if it is technically healthier.
  • King Felix is on the DL. While a bad blow, between his diminished skills and the M's continuously being an atrocity to the sport of baseball make this situation less horrible than it would've been 5 years ago.