2/22 DLC Discussion thread: Pat Benatar 6-pack!

edited February 2011 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4301574 said:
Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (Feb. 22):

• “Fire and Ice”
• “Love is a Battlefield”
• “Shadows of the Night”
• “We Belong” X
• “Invincible”
• “Promises in the Dark”

(All tracks are original master recordings)
(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system Feb. 23)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks and as “Pat Benatar Pack 01” on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade
$9.99, £4.99 UK, €7.99 EU (800 Microsoft Points, 1000 Wii Points) for Pat Benatar Pack 01

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
This week, Harmonix offers a Pat solution to your female fronted DLC needs!

Comments

• lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    I'll pass.

However, if my wife finds out...
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Great pack, but the pro guitar support is a joke.

Why not even release an upgrade for "Hit Me With Your Best Shot"?
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Good week. Looking forward to several of these, including Love is a Battlefield and especially Invincible. Pretty sure this is going to be a full-pack grab for us.
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Love is a Battlefield is a must to pick up.

On a side note, grats to you PS3 players as you finally get the song that gets played to almost death on my system:

Damone - Serial Killer

I strongly suggest that one if you have a female who like to sing around, hell, you may even end up liking it as much as her. Like I did.
  • AnotherChrisAnotherChris Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    Two weeks in a row of me buying the full DLC pack. I honestly don't think that has happened before.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    HOLY SHT! Sweet pack, HMX! I'm getting the whole thing!!
  • SpidermaniacSpidermaniac Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    I'll definitely be grabbing : “Love is a Battlefield,” “We Belong,” and “Invincible" for 80's goodness. All of those got serious radio airplay when I was a kid.

Might grab the others if they preview well.
  • Chemical PhoenixChemical Phoenix Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    I think the Valentine's Day pack got me greedy but I don't like one artist weeks. :|
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited February 2011
    Invincible! YAY!Getting the whole pack :D
    Not to mention Shadows of the Night!Awesome pack :D
  • CrazyIvanCrazyIvan Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Bummer. The 22nd is my birthday, so I was really hoping for a pack that got me excited. Alas, Benatar is not that pack. Ah well... I've been on a cold streak for DLC for a while now and really hope that something comes up that is more up my alley.
  • MooTrainMooTrain Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    I'll get these three: (love is a battlefield, shadows, and we belong)

Good but kind of disappointing after how AWESOME last week's DLC was. Variety FTW
  • azzaman333azzaman333 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    And we're back to single artist weeks... Hooray for variety ...
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    thegooche;4304385 said:
    We Belong and Love is a Battlefield are the only 2 i recognize. Meh.
    Give a listen; you may recognize Invincible and Shadows of the Night, since those have received decent radio airplay. The other two are a little lesser-known.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Hit Me With Your Best Shot was the only Pat Benatar song I wanted, and I haven't downloaded that one yet. Still, I'll take a look at the charts, but probably I won't take anyhing.
  • Dino1626Dino1626 Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    I'll be picking up the whole pack, and hoping that "Hell is for Children" will be in Pat Benatar Pack 2.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited February 2011
    This is an awesome pack! 2nd week in a row the wifey is asking how many points we have. Full purchase here.For those that are not familiar with Pat I highly suggest giving a full listen to these.Every one of these were all over the radio during her heyday.

EDIT.....These are all from the Golden Age of MTV....when they were MTV, not CRTV (crappy reality tv)p>
    edited February 2011
    I'm most excited for "Invincible", easily my favourite Pat Benatar track. And I just finished reading her book "Between a Heart and a Rock Place" last month. Thanks Harmonix!
  • grizzlymazegrizzlymaze Fourplay for a Long Time
    edited February 2011
    urrrgh, god NO!
  • toad3000toad3000 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Amazing, amazing week. My RB library has been short on Pat Benatar for far too long.
    I have to say tho, I'm a little mystified by the selection for Pro upgrade. Just We Belong, of all songs? Odd.
    Also, thank you HMX for bringing The Get Up Kids to the PS3! I'll check out Damone, also.
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Holy crap all vocalists should be on their knees thanking HMX for this pack...and anyone saying "meh" or "I only want Love is a Battlefield" need to go listen to the singing in "Invincible" RIGHT NOW. If that one's not devil-tier on vocals, I call shenanigans.

Really amazing pack, though I would have substituted "Fire and Ice" for "Hell is For Children" (awesome guitar in that one). The others are gold, though. Thanks HMX this is EPIC!
  • Mr7r3vMr7r3v Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    So buying the whole thing.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited February 2011
    More people need to recognize "Invincible", that's the star of this pack.

Another song off my original RB3 setlist and the first song off my RB4 setlist :)

Wish "Hell Is For Children" was here but oh well, I'll get "Love Is A Battlefield" and "We Belong" eventually too.
  • prodrummer1prodrummer1 Rising Star
    edited February 2011
  • MPPMikeMPPMike Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Good stuff! I'm in for all of the Pat Benatar songs.
  • Flan26Flan26 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Shadows Of The Night and Promises In The Dark? I'd pay the pack price for just those two songs.

Her vocals on those are so powerful - two of my favorite vocal performances ever.

(Plus, Judge Reinhold was in the video for Shadows Of The Night. Even more of a reason to love it.)
  • bobnjeffbobnjeff Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    woohoo. For the 80s kids, Invincible is the theme to the movie The Legend Of Billie Jean (with both Helen AND Christian Slater). Fair is fair!
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Be getting the pack. Benatar is one of my five favorite bands/singers. I only wish Wide Awake In Dreamland or All Fired Up had been in the pack, but I love all the songs in it.

First some Stienmusic last week, and Benatar this week. I'm a happy camper.
    We've had Queen, Billy Joel and Aryeon show up. Now for some Gary Numan and Rocket Scientists and pretty much all of my favorites will have something in the game. :)
  • mayhem117mayhem117 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Sweet, I've been waiting ages to play Love is a Battlefield. I was convinced it would have been on the Rock Band disc. Hmm maybe I'll pick up Hit Me with your best shot since I don't have that Pat song
    edited February 2011
    Flan26;4304418 said:
    (Plus, Judge Reinhold was in the video for Shadows Of The Night. Even more of a reason to love it.)

And Bill Paxton (Hudson from Aliens).
  • Mr7r3vMr7r3v Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    Rockox;4304425 said:
    And Bill Paxton (Hudson from Aliens).

Game over man, Game over!