Any news on Reel Big Fish?

ObsceneObscurityObsceneObscurity Unsigned
edited February 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I remember awhile back someone contacted them and said they were very interested in getting on RBN. Has that gone anywhere? Are any charting groups working with them?

Ska is one of the most underrepresented genres in Rock Band, so Reel Big Fish would be great, since they're one of the most successful and just plain awesome ska bands there is.

Comments

• AshtrayHeartAshtrayHeart Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Really?

I heard they hate the idea of their music in a rhythm game and refuse to have their work in Rock Band or Guitar Hero. Which one of us have been misinformed?
  • CrazyIvanCrazyIvan Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Well... they were going to release Beer as DLC for Power Gig, which would have made me pony up for that craptastic game just to finally play some RBF. But when Power Gig got flushed down the toilet, they canceled all of their planned DLC.

So while RBF might have been opposed to rhythm games in the past, it appears that they are changing their opinions. Maybe it was the "real guitar" lure that also baited Clapton and Dave Matthews to Power Gig, in which case I would have to think that they would be interested in RB once sales numbers come out for the Squier/Mustang. (Hopefully.)
  • SCFoxSCFox Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    AshtrayHeart;4309166 said:
    Really?

I heard they hate the idea of their music in a rhythm game and refuse to have their work in Rock Band or Guitar Hero. Which one of us have been misinformed?

Really?

This is what I heard...

5:19-7:41

Though it was two years ago...
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    I got "Beer" for Powergig. I can safely say it is obnoxious on guitar with the open notes.
  • AshtrayHeartAshtrayHeart Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    SCFox;4309671 said:
    Really?

This is what I heard...

5:19-7:41

Though it was two years ago...

I'm very glad to see that I was misinformed. I'm all for Reel Big Fish in Rock Band, and I'm glad to hear they've enjoyed the game.

The Pro Guitar feature might convince them enough to make DLC by them a reality. Especially seeing them appear in a game already.