I am definatly ready for more Metal in RBN!

GARGOSGARGOS Unsigned
edited February 2011 in The Rock Band Network
There are so many good bands out there that would be amazing on RBN! For instance Roadrunner Records has tons of good bands that RBN should get some songs from! DAATH is on XBOX but not on PS3. I would buy that! Please work with them and do some more tracks with Roadrunner!

Comments

• jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    D.I.Y., Gargos. Contact the bands you want, and either learn to chart them yourself, or hook them up with existing authors. Nobody's going to be as passionate about your favorite bands as you, so nobody's going to get the wheels rolling if you don't.
  • Xp3R1M3Nt4LXp3R1M3Nt4L Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    I'd like to point out that only the top selling songs on the network transfer to PS3..

but yeah, contact the bands you want, be polite and try to give as much detail as possible, and try not to look like spam mail, hopefully you'll get a reply
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    GARGOS;4307935 said:
    There are so many good bands out there that would be amazing on RBN! For instance Roadrunner Records has tons of good bands that RBN should get some songs from! DAATH is on XBOX but not on PS3. I would buy that! Please work with them and do some more tracks with Roadrunner!
    RBN authors can't just chart any song they like, they need the permission of the band and/or record label and Roadrunner Records are under Warner Music Group, who are being very cautious about RBN. They have put one of their bands, The Downtown Fiction, on RBN but as far as I know, it was very much on their terms, and quite probably Harmonix had a lot to do with it. If Warner do decide to get more involved, it's likely that it will be them calling the shots and not the authors or even the artists.

Having said that, it's always good to contact the bands themselves about RBN, since a lot of them won't be aware of it. If a lot of bands from a label want to be involved then it's likely that the label will look into it further. Even if you're not with an authoring group, you can refer them to someone (like RockGamer :D) or just let them know about all the authoring groups out there and they can research for themselves.

And Daath were released through Century Media, not through Roadrunner.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited February 2011
    I can tell you from personal experience that Roadrunner wants nothing to do with RBN.
    edited February 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4308154 said:
    I can tell you from personal experience that Roadrunner wants nothing to do with RBN.
    Except, as I said, RR is owned by WMG, and they have shown a small amount of interest in RBN. It's not much but it's still more than Sony or UMG (or EMI, excluding the small amount of activity at the beginning) have shown. It's not going to be a case of authors contacting RR bands and the label saying "yeah, go ahead", but I'd be surprised if Warner never touch RBN again after dipping their toes in like they did.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    That makes all the difference, then.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited February 2011
    Oscarvarium;4308274 said:
    Except, as I said, RR is owned by WMG, and they have shown a small amount of interest in RBN.
    Except, as he implied, he contacted Roadrunner and they said no.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited February 2011
    No I contacted Road Runner directly to see if they were interested in working with an authoring group to get their catalog into RBN, and they said not interested.Sure they might change their mind, but if they were interested when things were looking all rosy for the genre, I can't see them changing their minds in the current climate of music games.
    edited February 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4308370 said:
    Except, as he implied, he contacted Roadrunner and they said no.
    You can't really treat RR as their own entity since they are completely owned by WMG, and WMG have shown an (admittedly small) interest in RBN. Like I said, if they do get into it again, they are likely to want to work on their terms and not from authors contacting them.
  • BeebBeeb Banned
    edited February 2011
    More Metal to go on top of the pile of one million bad metal songs. Sure.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited February 2011