RBN in other countries

pittyboy88pittyboy88 Unsigned
edited February 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I personally don't know exacly if this is the right place to post a thread like that, but I ll try anyways. I'm waiting since the launch of RBN to download some new songs that i can add to the game but i think there are some "country problems". I looked on the Internet and i found that RBN is not available in every country. At the beginning when i tryed to click (in game) on Rock Band Network it told me that it ist not available in my country. Some months ago the game menu is changed and now i can see in the store the new RBN songs, but there is the message "Not yet available". My question is just: when, will RBN be available for other countries? in my case would be Switzerland. RBN is available in Germany, France, Italy but not Switzerland ????? That's crazy... Unfortunatelly brutal/death metal songs are not so much and with RBN there is a lot of this content (like Dying Fetus, Cephalic Carnage, etc...) so i just wanted to ask if someone can tell me when RBN will be available in other countries. I did'n find anything on the Internet. I'm sure i will continue playing RB, but with the access to RBN will be surely more enjoying.

Best regards and thanks.

Comments

• Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited February 2011
    Where RBN songs are sold is dictated by XNA (Microsoft's development app that allows for RBN to exist). Right now the supported countries are:

United States
    United Kingdom
    Canada
    France
    Italy
    Germany
    Japan
    Sweden
    Singapore
    Spain

If XNA adds support for a country then RBN will be supported there. Hopefully MS will continue to add other countries to the supported list, but it is undoubtedly complicated from a legal stand point.
  • pittyboy88pittyboy88 Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    Hi, thanks a lot for your answer. It means that i have to wait until MS does something right? Hope they will do it soon, especially in my country that is between Germany, France, and Italy. That's the point, every country near me can, but i can't. it's a shame :D

Thanks a lot!
    Bye
  • cracktacklecracktackle Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    pittyboy88;4310653 said:
    Hi, thanks a lot for your answer. It means that i have to wait until MS does something right? Hope they will do it soon, especially in my country that is between Germany, France, and Italy. That's the point, every country near me can, but i can't. it's a shame :D

Thanks a lot!
    Bye

You don't have to wait at all! Just make an American account and buy some American microsoft points online, and you can have your Dying Fetus in ten minutes time!