No RBN Songs this week for 360?

NFL_MONSTER_68NFL_MONSTER_68 Unsigned
edited February 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Usually we get new songs for RBN on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays but so far I couldnt find any new songs. Is this because of the switching over to RBN 2.0 or do I have to download something?
Thx 4 any help!!!

Comments

• Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    RBN has been down since the 15th, there's been no song submissions or testing during that period. It's going to be awhile before any new songs are released as the site still isn't up and after the relaunch most songs will require extensive testing for new venue, instruments, harmonies and features.
  • AshtrayHeartAshtrayHeart Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    With what Catch-22 said, expect RBN 2.0 songs next week. Monday at the earliest.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited February 2011
    AshtrayHeart;4311934 said:
    With what Catch-22 said, expect RBN 2.0 songs next week. Monday at the earliest.

I wouldn't expect any next week.

There really are two cases:
    1. Migrated songs could be released fairly soon. Creators will most likely submit them back into the process where they were before everything was shut down. Therefore a song could be added to Peer Review as soon as the site comes back up even if the songs have some small changes (like Venue). Those could start popping up in the store in the coming weeks.
    2. New songs will not show up for another 2-3 weeks at a minimum. They will have to go through Playtest and then Peer Review. This could be weeks or months. Basically don't expect keys or harmonies out of RBN songs til mid to late March.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited February 2011
    Look at it this way even IF the site goes back up today, the songs still have to be uploaded. That process takes some time (hours not days).Hmx has to make sure the songs going up are all in order consent wise. This process can take up to a day depending on the backlog. Seeing as how RBN is going to be flooded with probably 100+ songs when it goes back up. Nord is going to go crazy and blow up Boston. That's going to take a few days to sort out. Even if a song gets into the pipeline Friday (which is sketchy at best right now), and goes directly into Peer Review, all the other authors are going to be busy uploading their new songs so I don't see a lot of testing happening the first few days it is back. Even then it takes up to 48 hours for a song to pass through HMX quarantine after it passes (and this is normally not when there's 100 new songs at once...or more).That's IF the Orc server doesn't poop its pants and decide to leave HMX and go out drinking and pillaging due to all the extra songs slamming it over the weekend.So add all that up and the chances that you'll see anything new for the next week, or even the Tuesday after that are very very very remote.Not saying you might not see a song pop up the Tuesday after next, but I wouldn't look for it to happen.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited February 2011
    Agreed with the above. There's also the fact that harmonies, keys, and pro keys are new. They'll require learning on the part of authors and playtesters. Things may have a higher chance of needing corrections during the playtesting process, and it'll take testers a lot longer to peer review even one song, since we are required to look at every instrument and every difficulty.

And it's not as simple as watching each chart scroll by once to peer review. I know it sometimes takes me several times to go through one difficulty level of one instrument if I think there's something that is wrong or just feels off.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    jeccaneko;4312112 said:
    Agreed with the above. There's also the fact that harmonies, keys, and pro keys are new. They'll require learning on the part of authors and playtesters. Things may have a higher chance of needing corrections during the playtesting process, and it'll take testers a lot longer to peer review even one song, since we are required to look at every instrument and every difficulty.

And it's not as simple as watching each chart scroll by once to peer review. I know it sometimes takes me several times to go through one difficulty level of one instrument if I think there's something that is wrong or just feels off.

On the other hand, RBN2.0 audition mode allows to skip forwards and backwards in the song, which is a huge help when it comes to testing, especially for longer songs.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited February 2011
    Oscarvarium;4312150 said:
    On the other hand, RBN2.0 audition mode allows to skip forwards and backwards in the song, which is a huge help when it comes to testing, especially for longer songs.
    Agreed! I am looking forward to this. I can't tell you how many times I've had to restart or play a song just because I saw something and wanted to go back to it. And I am not even an author who would be testing their own songs in audition mode before uploading it!
  • mrjsr05mrjsr05 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    I'm very Excited can't wait.