ANKST Gothic Rock Band Offers Tracks

ANKST_BandANKST_Band Unsigned
edited March 2011 in The Rock Band Network
One thing I've noticed playing the Rock Band games, it that there is great support for creating Goth characters, but not much in the way of solid Goth tracks.

As the main member of Gothic rock band ANKST, I'd like to offer up our tacks to anyone who is willing to "Rock Bandize" any of our music... Free of charge.

Anyone not familiar with our work can check it out at the following:

www.ankst.co.za
www.reverbnation.com/ankst

There are a few free downloads such as our remix album and our first release. If anyone wants access to our first full-length album, please contact me. I have all the tracks as stems as well as any midi data or lyrics you may need.

Ray ANKST

Comments

• Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited February 2011
    There are several author groups that will author songs with no money down, but you'll still get some money sent your way when they sell.

Good luck to you. Sounds like it would work well with RBN 2.0.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Would you hate me if I told you The Wicked was freaking awesome, but in an uber cheesy way? Haha.

Your other stuff is great too! Loving Monument. I'm sure they'll be someone here who will take you up on your offer!
  • ANKST_BandANKST_Band Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    Bront20;4314817 said:
    There are several author groups that will author songs with no money down, but you'll still get some money sent your way when they sell.

Good luck to you. Sounds like it would work well with RBN 2.0.

That's great news. I'm ashamed to say that I started out as a Guiter Hero fan, I only wish I'd tried Rock Band out sooner. I'm rediculously addicted!
    edited February 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4314822 said:
    Would you hate me if I told you The Wicked was freaking awesome, but in an uber cheesy way? Haha.

Your other stuff is great too! Loving Monument. I'm sure they'll be someone here who will take you up on your offer!

Yep... The Wicked is of the cheese for sure, and the video is even worse LOL!!! There is a great remix of Monument by a USA producer who calls herself Kitty Lectro. Now that's a great mix!
    edited February 2011
    ANKST_Band;4314831 said:
    That's great news. I'm ashamed to say that I started out as a Guiter Hero fan, I only wish I'd tried Rock Band out sooner. I'm rediculously addicted!
    Nothing wrong with that. It happens to lots of us.

I think http://creators.rockband.com/ has places you can get in touch with some authoring groups. There are lots of studios, and I only know a few off the top of my head (Ozone Entertainment, That Authoring Group, Rock Gamer Studios). Send e-mails to a few of them, check out a few of the songs they've charted, and go from there.

And good luck.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Bront20;4314834 said:

I think http://creators.rockband.com/ has places you can get in touch with some authoring groups. There are lots of studios, and I only know a few off the top of my head (Ozone Entertainment, That Authoring Group, Rock Gamer Studios). Send e-mails to a few of them, check out a few of the songs they've charted, and go from there.

And good luck.

Unfortunately Creators is still down. :(

This thread has a list of authoring companies, but it's out of date. You'll have to do a little bit of research to decide who to go with.

(I'd offer our services but we're really busy as of late and we may not be able to fit more clients in.)
    edited February 2011
    Bront20;4314834 said:

And good luck.

Thanks Bront20, you have been super helpful!!! I got hold of Owen from Ozone Entertainment and he's quite keen on three of our tracks. Thanks again for all your help!
    edited February 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4314905 said:
    You'll have to do a little bit of research to decide who to go with.
    Do do the research though. While for the most part, the charts are the charts, some studios seem to have a better record of putting out quality mixes and animation in the songs. I'm a PS3 owner and only have 19 RBN songs myself, so I don't have a large enough sampling. Youtube can be helpful on the animation part, e-mailing the studios will help you about pricing, and unfortunately, you usually have to play to see the mix (as that instrument tends to get made more prominent) and that's not always a super indicator (best bet is to try it as it's charted).
    edited February 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4314905 said:
    Unfortunately Creators is still down. :(

This thread has a list of authoring companies, but it's out of date. You'll have to do a little bit of research to decide who to go with.

(I'd offer our services but we're really busy as of late and we may not be able to fit more clients in.)
    No worries. Thanks for the update.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited February 2011
    I checked out some of your work, solid effort.

Look forward to you guys in Rock Band.
    edited February 2011
    FlyGuyLXI;4316630 said:
    I checked out some of your work, solid effort.

Look forward to you guys in Rock Band.
    Thanks mate! We really enjoy have fun with the band, though we take our music very seriously, we're mostly a bunch of crazy people. Our new album should be out in the next month or so. We feel that it's our strongest album so far.
  • brownies4allbrownies4all Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    Always love it when bands take an interest in Rock Band. Downloaded the demo and totally dig it. I'll be picking up your tracks that make it in the network. Also will be checking out the new album when that happens.
  • brownies4allbrownies4all Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    *EP
    It's not letting me edit for some reason.