The Hounds of Anubis WTF?

AbyssulAbyssul Unsigned
edited February 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Quick WTF: Why was the Hounds of Anubis uploaded to the RBN for PS3? The drum chart is still charted wrong with the tom hits displayed as cymbal hits. Can someone explain this to me?

Comments

• MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    Because is essentially "legacy content" at this point.

Pro Drum charting was not part of the original RBN 1.0 spec, and the RB3 Audition Mode was released too late for playtesters to confirm lack of Pro Drums tom gems.

However, the authors did have the opportunity to put in tom gems "blindly" as of a few months ago at their option. They would've been completely unable to tell if they did them correctly, though, but most authors thought it was worth their best effort.

That said, I'm unsure of the age of the track, nor when it originally came out on 360. It may simply have been that it was originally submitted long before RB3 was even announced! Try to find a 360 release date for "Hounds" and you may find your answer.

And before you ask, NO, authors aren't allowed to update legacy tracks with Pro Drum data. I wish to whatever dark gods out there that we *could*, but it's just not technically possible at this point without releasing a whole new song and charging fans for it. That gets its own WTF!

- m
  • AbyssulAbyssul Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    This song is particularly new though at 12/11/10. I know they aren't allowed to updated legacy tracks, but I just thought Harmonix would've been smart enough to at least check if the charts are decent before submitting them to Sony for RBN PS3.

The whole PS3 RBN portion is WTF'ed at 5 songs a week and no updates or playtesting.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    The charts passed through the XNA testing process. That is considered enough. Unless it has been changed, RBN did not require charts to include Pro drum charting.

Assuming HMX would 'fix' errors in the transfer is where you went wrong. The whole idea for RBN is for HMX to be as hands off as possible. And heavily monitoring charts for features that may or may not have been available originally is slightly more involved than 'hands off'.

They will playtest the song to make sure it loads and doesn't crash, but that's the extent of it. By the way, SONY also tests the song. They passed it, too. You want to tell them how to do their job?
  • AbyssulAbyssul Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    I just thought at this point in the process that Harmonix would've been smart enough to choose songs that are charted with Pro Drums.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    At this point in the process, they're choosing songs that are either 'new' and selling well or old and available. What they aren't, is smart enough to read your thoughts and act accordingly.

If you only want them to pick Pro charted songs, then you should tell them that. There's a thread talking about requesting songs for the PS3. That's a good place to start.
  • decyferdownrocksdecyferdownrocks Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    I find it very interesting that Attraction by Hourcast was released in July, yet has Pro Drums correctly charted. So really, this song has no excuse for not having pro drums, it's just the laziness of the authoring group.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    decyferdownrocks;4315331 said:
    I find it very interesting that Attraction by Hourcast was released in July, yet has Pro Drums correctly charted. So really, this song has no excuse for not having pro drums, it's just the laziness of the authoring group.

This would be a more meaningful post if you had any idea what you're actually talking about and weren't a nobody that's never charted a song and knows nothing about the process the song went through to be approved.