Pro bass/guitar upgrade for TB:RB - Squier or Mustang

Backbeat60-62Backbeat60-62 Rising Star
edited October 2012 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I would welcome Pro guitar and bass upgrades for TB:RB. That would certainly be "easier" than more DLC of new songs, wouldn't it?

Comments

• nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, TB:RB doesn't run on the same engine as RB3, thus no Pro guitar ever.

Cool avatar, tho
  • jokergt500jokergt500 Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    would love to see pro beatles
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited February 2011
    If they could patch the engine (or, more likely, make a DLC "patch" that you paid for that added pro charts to most of the on-disc songs and support pro), that would be cool for folks who want it. I don't see a big market for it though, as you're already dealing with a small market in Pro Guitar/Bass players (As in, a fraction of the already somewhat small instrument game market)
  • CheeseLordCheeseLord Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    Bront20;4316585 said:
    If they could patch the engine (or, more likely, make a DLC "patch" that you paid for that added pro charts to most of the on-disc songs and support pro), that would be cool for folks who want it. I don't see a big market for it though, as you're already dealing with a small market in Pro Guitar/Bass players (As in, a fraction of the already somewhat small instrument game market)

I was thinking the same thing about a DLC patch. That way wii owners like me could get it too. Also, the people who want it will pay for it. I guess it really just depends on if HMX is going to take that "risk". I don't know if they will or not but I would definitally buy one for keyboards.
  • JcFTW61JcFTW61 Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    C'mon guys. The Dream Is Over.
  • Backbeat60-62Backbeat60-62 Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Bront20;4316585 said:
    ... I don't see a big market for it though, as you're already dealing with a small market in Pro Guitar/Bass players...

That sounds odd. Here is a game that makes it fun to actually learn how to play instruments, actual popular songs, and, allows you to play with others nearly any time you want, of varying skill level. How could there not be a market? I suppose it is all in how it is handled more than anything by the powers that be.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited March 2011
    Backbeat60-62;4317348 said:
    That sounds odd. Here is a game that makes it fun to actually learn how to play instruments, actual popular songs, and, allows you to play with others nearly any time you want, of varying skill level. How could there not be a market? I suppose it is all in how it is handled more than anything by the powers that be.
    I didn't say no market, I said small market. Big difference. Perhaps it will grow, but the $150+ entry fee into the market will limit things for a while. Not to mention, RB3 appeals to the large masses. TBRB has a smaller target market by being a single band game.
  • jokergt500jokergt500 Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    I would love pro on beatles but chances are against us.
  • Backbeat60-62Backbeat60-62 Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    Here is a fact of the matter as far as chances. There is a FAQ at the back of the instruction manual for the pro guitar and the question "Is the Squier by Fender Stratocaster Guitar and Controller compatible wtih Rock Band 2 or The Beatles: Rock Band?" The answer we've all been waiting for: "No. It is only compatible with Rock Band 3."
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited March 2011
    A controller that only works with pro guitar doesn't work with a game that doesn't have pro guitar? Next thing I know I'm going to find out that I can't use the drums in Guitar Hero II.
  • SabonPeterSabonPeter Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    I too would love Beatles Rock band Pro. I had a D'oh time today trying to get my new Mustang Pro to work with my PS3 and BRB and have been looking all over on how to get it to work. I never dreamed (nightmare) that it wasn't compatible until I found this thread. *** BEEP!!! ***

Please create Beatle Pro. Pretty Please. Ask Paul and Dahni (spelling?) and see what they think of it. I won't which part would be the biggest block on this. I mean which person. Ringo? I don't think so. George's son or wife? I don't think so. Paul has made hundreds of millions of dollars and so has Yoko. Would they really be that petty to block this with high licensing fees? Probably.

Anyone that knows either of them, please contact them and see if this can be done.
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    I'd buy a re-make of the game if it supported pro guitar/bass/drums/keys.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012