Bands That Desperately Need To Be In the Rock Band Network.

joescorpionjoescorpion Opening Act
edited March 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I understand there are numerous bands that people would like to see in Rock Band that are under the support of huge labels. I am not good at persuading artists to join the RBN but if any of the authoring groups can attempt to get any of the following bands in the game I will be eterally grateful. These bands mostly arent supported by huge labels an will most likely sell easily.

Bad Brains
Black Flag
Anvil
Armored Saint
Melvins
Fu Manchu
Diamond Head
Nitro
Venom
suicidal Tendencies
The Butthole Surfers
Extreme
Leeway
Bad Religion
S.O.D.
Autopsy
Celtic Frost
Mercyful Fate
Samhain
Dead Kennedys
Flotsam And Jetsam
Goldfinger
Powerman 5000

Comments

• joescorpionjoescorpion Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Alvadaro all I'm saying is if you give that contact information to thatauthoringgroup or asp or something then we could have suicidal tendencies dlc this year. trust me im sure these companies dont like to be emailed or contacted several times about the same crap by different authoring groups. Since you were prob the first to get this information maybe they will think of you as an exception. So yeah just post the contact information to any of the authoring groups. Thatauthoringgroup, the authority, fairwood studios, rockgamer, asp.
  • Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited March 2011
    Emailed already for 2 bands. I got responses this morning. Will continue from there, but don't get your hopes up.
  • JupiahJupiah Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Aw man, it would be so awesome if Powerman 5000 were in the network.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Somehow, the only way I think we would see more Static-X in RB would be via RBN.

Perhaps I'll try to get a hold of them later on. We DESPERATELY need, at the very least, I'm With Stupid.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    when the world collide would be FTW on rbn and a great hit
  • cashandbrocashandbro Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Buckethead

The guy who releases all of his albums is named Travis Dickerson. He also plays Keys and many of his collaborations with Buckethead would be amazing in Rock Band.

Maybe an authoring group should e-mail him at [email]tdrsmusic@gmail.com[/email]
    his website is www.tdrsmusic.com

Also Serj Tankian's label released Buckethead's "Enter The Chicken" the album had various singers so maybe contacting Serjical Strike Records would work, I know Serj is already in Rock Band so he might be open to it.
    http://www.serjicalstrike.com/
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2011
    We've been in talks with powerman 5000 for a while.Unfortunately the label owns all but the newest album (the one with Supervillain, and V is for Vampire), and we contacted Buckethead and then forwarded the info on to MTV as they didn't want to go to RBN but RB proper. Last we heard of it, but since MTV is gone might be time for us to try again.
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    I really think Firehouse should be contacted. They have at least 4-6 songs that everyone has heard. Bill Leverty is an awesome guitarist and now with the keys, a few of their tracks now make more sense in RB. I contacted them right before the launch of RBN and they seemed interested in the idea. However, I decided not to be an author and that was the end. I really hope someone can contact them. They are deserving and would sell well.

"Don't Treat Me Bad"
    "Love of a Lifetime"
    "All She Wrote"
    "Reach for the Sky"
    "When I Look Into Your Eyes"
    "I Live My Life for You"
  • KaneRobotKaneRobot Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    I'd definitely want some Samhain...seems like it would be the least complicated of the 3 Danzig projects to get sorted out, but what do I know.

Of the other bands listed, Black Flag, PM5k, Mercyful Fate, and Diamond Head I'd be all over.
  • NubnutNubnut Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Not a single mention of Opeth? Well color me sad.

Anyway I think pretty much any era of Opeth would go well on RBN (though most likely the most recent two albums due to a focus on keyboards and harmony vocals with those two). And it probably wouldn't be a stretch for the band to be behind it as Akerfeldt and Mendez are both huge video game nerds, hell they missed their original date to record Deliverance because they were too busy playing Resident Evil 3.

Not to mention as of late the band has been getting more and more popular due to their wide variety of styles.
  • xizorkatarnxizorkatarn Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    Has anyone heard of Tally Hall? Their an up-and-coming indie/comedy band. They specialize in three and even four part harmonies, and every song has keys in it somewhere. They've made a bunch of viral videos to try and spread their name, but their music is absolutely brilliant. Check out their album "Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum." The whole album would be brilliant for RBN2.0, but especially these tracks:

Good Day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGQZItOMz6k

Greener: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSLK368oiJE (I could only find a live version on YouTube, sorry)

Spring and a Storm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRwCpp8VkSs

They're best known for their song Banana Man, which had a viral music video on Albinoblacksheep, and for their cover of Biz Markie's Just a Friend. Check them out! They are simply amazing.
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited March 2011
    Alvarado6411;4320448 said:
    I was "THIS" close to getting Suicidal Tendencies in Rock Band. They even gave me the licensing persons email.

Sadly I couldnt continue due to this was before RBN was even announced.

King Diamond is under Metal Blade, I also have the contact guys information. I have all these contacts but I don't work for any authoring groups so its no use.
    You got the contact info of Bathory as well?
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    edited March 2011
    lvmathemagician;4322559 said:
    Jeffster.

HA!While that would be awesome, they're all covers so :(
  • axelkotheaxelkothe Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    bjyaritz;4321580 said:
    I really think Firehouse should be contacted. They have at least 4-6 songs that everyone has heard. Bill Leverty is an awesome guitarist and now with the keys, a few of their tracks now make more sense in RB. I contacted them right before the launch of RBN and they seemed interested in the idea. However, I decided not to be an author and that was the end. I really hope someone can contact them. They are deserving and would sell well.

"Don't Treat Me Bad"
    "Love of a Lifetime"
    "All She Wrote"
    "Reach for the Sky"
    "When I Look Into Your Eyes"
    "I Live My Life for You"
    This. Would love to get some Firehouse in the game!
    edited March 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4322701 said:
    HA!While that would be awesome, they're all covers so :(

I thought the song that put the baby to sleep was an original.
    edited March 2011
    Hmmm...you might be right on that one.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited March 2011
    xizorkatarn;4321842 said:
    Has anyone heard of Tally Hall?

I have! HMXDoglike is a huge fan of theirs, particularly "The Whole World And You".
  • Metal_ManMetal_Man Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Oh I would LOVE some Iced Earth, Vanden Plas, Iron Savior, Iced Earth, Sodom and Grave Digger
  • Metal_ManMetal_Man Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Alvarado6411;4321086 said:
    Emailed already for 2 bands. I got responses this morning. Will continue from there, but don't get your hopes up.

Did you try Sodom yet?
  • xizorkatarnxizorkatarn Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    HMXLachesis;4323444 said:
    I have! HMXDoglike is a huge fan of theirs, particularly "The Whole World And You".

Lachesis, you are my new best friend. They're acquaintances of mine, and I absolutely love their music. Anyone wanna try and get them on RBN? haha
  • Incoherent_MoronIncoherent_Moron Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Has anyone tried seeing if they can get in contact with Jeff Waters from Annihilator? They have some great stuff that would be great on Rock Band.
  • LadyPolarisLadyPolaris Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    If I may suggest some bands for the people-who-make-it-happen, please take a look at Delain, Angtoria and Solution .45!
    edited March 2011
    Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen.
  • mrjsr05mrjsr05 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    joescorpion;4320400 said:
    I understand there are numerous bands that people would like to see in Rock Band that are under the support of huge labels. I am not good at persuading artists to join the RBN but if any of the authoring groups can attempt to get any of the following bands in the game I will be eterally grateful. These bands mostly arent supported by huge labels an will most likely sell easily.

Bad Brains
    Black Flag
    Anvil
    Armored Saint
    Melvins
    Fu Manchu
    Diamond Head
    Nitro
    Venom
    suicidal Tendencies
    The Butthole Surfers
    Extreme
    Leeway
    Bad Religion
    S.O.D.
    Autopsy
    Celtic Frost
    Mercyful Fate
    Samhain
    Dead Kennedys
    Flotsam And Jetsam
    Goldfinger
    Powerman 5000
    Children of bodom new album comes out this tuesday.
  • cognac311cognac311 Unsigned
    edited March 2011
  • volcomsk83r666volcomsk83r666 Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    I desperately want Andrew Bird on Rock Band.
    http://andrewbird.net/info/index.php
    that should be of some use. It's got Management, publicity and the labels there.
    some great choices of songs that are great and would play well.
    Fake Palindromes
    Simple X
    Lull
    Skin, Is My
    Plasticities
    Spare-Ohs
    Imitosis
    Fiery Crash
    A Nervous Tick Motion Off The Head To The Left
    Tables & Chairs
    Not A Robot, But A Ghost
    Anonanimal
    Tenuousness

A GREAT album would be Thrills, by, Andrew Bird's Bowl Of Fire, which I'm sure the link above would work for getting this too.

This guy is a musical genius and I think the people of the Rock Band community need to experience the great music he makes.

PS: Chart the whistling as vocals, so we can actually whistle it, unlike Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay, part 2, where it just says whistle and has a talky part. and if you can't whistle, you can always hum along.
  • volcomsk83r666volcomsk83r666 Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    wanted to post other wants separately, as that is my number one pick of ANY band to be on Rock Band Network. other picks would be:

"Daniel Lioneye" (listen to the album Vol. 2 if you're a metalhead)
    MOAR "Dance Gavin Dance" since Downtown Battle Mountain II comes out technically tomorrow.
    "Peter Bjorn & John" mainly the song "Young Folks"
    "VHS Or Beta" an electronic band is all I can describe them as
    "The Stitches" great punk band
    "The Haunted" awesome horror punk band
    "Panic! At The Disco" everyone has heard of them, they'd sell great and good drums and vox
    "Priestess" everyone knows them by "Lay Down" but they have a bunch of other GREAT songs
    "Placebo" an alt rock band that you've at least heard one of their hits
    "MGMT" "Electric Feel" & "Time To Pretend" would be a great addition to the game
    "MSI" a techno infused rock band
    "Bloc Party" their first album is great and "A Weekend In The City" is decent

most of these bands aren't too well known, and it would really be awesome to at least get a few of them.
  • Digger53ukDigger53uk Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Biohazard
    Sick Of It All
    Iced Earth
    Sepultura (have signed with Nuclear Blast)
    Hatebreed
  • JupiahJupiah Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Army of Anyone. I would love to have "Goodbye" in the network.