Please convince Apple Corps to allow us to export Beatles RB to RB3

DonMoneyDonMoney Opening Act
edited March 2011 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Adding all the Beatles tracks to the hub of Rock Band 3 would be the greatest thing ever. I'm sure it's costly, but people would do it. I'd pay $10-$15. Perhaps Apple Corps has the game on lockdown, but it's worth a try.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I will send them an mail right away.....

;)

I would pay full price per song for RB3 versions of the songs with keys and pro strings.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited March 2011
    I think we're more likely to get them as RB3 versions over exports at this point, but an export would be dandy.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited March 2011
    I'll pay 100 bucks, now make it so.
  • jokergt500jokergt500 Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Yeah i posted a comment on the beatles web site and i too would pay for rb3 versions and pro mode versions of these songs. plus i would pay for some more songs.
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited March 2011
  • DonMoneyDonMoney Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    I'll sign a petition if I have to. BTW: how about going after Swansong Records for rights to Led Zeppelin...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for Harmonix and EA.
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    It's sad that that great game has already collected so much dust. My sig says it all.
    edited March 2011
    Good call on the Floyd
    edited March 2011
    DonMoney;4321994 said:
    I'll sign a petition if I have to. BTW: how about going after Swansong Records for rights to Led Zeppelin...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for Harmonix and EA.

I would actually pay $100.00 for a Led Zeppelin : Rock Band game.
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I'd pay for Zep too, especially if they put out a Limited Edition Jimmy Page double-neck Gibson pro guitar peripheral with violin bow LOL
    edited March 2011
    DonMoney;4322026 said:
    Yeah, I'd pay for Zep too, especially if they put out a Limited Edition Jimmy Page double-neck Gibson pro guitar peripheral with violin bow LOL

That would be the sickest thing ever!
    edited March 2011
    I think the licensing committee should look into a putting out a Zep teaser pack to see if there's enough interest to warrant making a whole disc. Exluding the last few albums (they are pretty obscure to casual Zep fans), my picks off the top of my head would be:

Since I've Been Loving You (guitar madness and some nuanced keys)

Black Dog (so many people I talk to LOVE this song)

Kashmir (epic with lots of space for keys; people remember it from "Fast Times At Ridgemont High")

D'Yer Mak'er (something for the post-Stairway fans)

Immigrant Song (raw and charging, very popular)

Misty Mountain Hop (again, another one I constantly hear people mention)

Trampled Under Foot (funky)

"Stairway To Heaven" is absent from my last because: a) it could be a final song challenge on a future Zep Rock Band disc; and b) the "No Stairway To Heaven" rule is still in effect LOL

Thank You (nice keys)
  • jokergt500jokergt500 Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    The Chances of us seeing the beatles is slim. Apple is very protective about the songs and in my opinion a little selfish. If Apple Computers could get the songs after such long legal disputes maybe Harmonix could too. Hopefully sooner, but we have to wait and see. I know many people who want this and would pay for updated Beatle material. Lets see some live versions of songs too. (If there are any good cuts.)
    edited March 2011
    jokergt500;4324889 said:
    The Chances of us seeing the beatles is slim. Apple is very protective about the songs and in my opinion a little selfish. If Apple Computers could get the songs after such long legal disputes maybe Harmonix could too. Hopefully sooner, but we have to wait and see. I know many people who want this and would pay for updated Beatle material. Lets see some live versions of songs too. (If there are any good cuts.)

With tough conditions, I'm sure Apple Corps might be willing to give us some songs, it's just whether or not HMX takes the time and money to make it happen.
  • finalmattasyfinalmattasy Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Wow, only two pages.. Well, even if it never happens, I want it to. A hefty price for an import that included Pro would be ideal.
    edited March 2011
    finalmattasy;4327546 said:
    Wow, only two pages.. Well, even if it never happens, I want it to. A hefty price for an import that included Pro would be ideal.

TB:RB forums aren't the most popular these days...
  • yazidoyazido Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Sorry i'm not too much into it. I mean The beatles in rockband 3 would be the worst thing ever happen in a game. The beatles are a world apart (like Zep and Pink Floyd) and they have to remain so. Would be far much better an upgraded version with pro mode and keybord (and obviosly new track)
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, that is one thing that would get me back into Rock Band... having The Beatles in the main game with keys and Pro-Guitars... If that happened, I would run right out, but $100 in xbox points, the Squier, AND the Midi-Pro Adapter... Then run home and play Blackbird... I should say, "fail at trying to play Blackbird"... Yeah!

But, I know it will not happen, so why even dream...
  • PenetronnPenetronn Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    You saw how long it took Apple Inc to get Apple Corps to get on board with releasing their music in iTunes. I think it's a fairy dream to think they will ever allow the music to be exported to RB3. Part of the reason I think is the chance that non-Beatles representations would be performing the music.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    This probably wouldn't happen, but I would be 100% willing to buy a completely new separate disc, as if the first never happened. No exports or anything, even a remake of the original with RB3 features I would be more than happy to buy.
  • DrihscolDrihscol Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    I think the best case scenario would be a beatles expansion pack.
    It'd be separate from the rest of the game, all it'd use is the engine, so keys and pro guitar upgrades would be simple to impliment.
    And we'd be able to use the expansion with RB4 when it comes out.
  • MrMet2087MrMet2087 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    RB3 versions will never happen unfortunately. Because to do that they would have to fly back to Abbey Road and separate the keyboard tracks separately again. The first time they spent the money to do this for the the game itself was too much money, and the DLC sales or export sales would not warrant HMX spending the money again.

Now, with that said, an export with NO keys is more likely, as the only issue is licensing and getting the OK from the surviving members and estates to be in the game, which honestly I don't think is a problem as Paul appears in RB numerous times without his avatar, and Yoko allows the use of Lennon's solo work without his avatar, which I've heard she holds closer to her heart than the Beatles material. the export could possibly have Pro guitar and Pro bass as well, as that requires no addition need for the master tracks. The export WOULD have harmonies because harmonies were charted into the original file, much like with Green Day Rock Band and how that export had harmonies but no keys.
  • HitokiriEricHitokiriEric Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    yazido;4328353 said:
    Sorry i'm not too much into it. I mean The beatles in rockband 3 would be the worst thing ever happen in a game. The beatles are a world apart (like Zep and Pink Floyd) and they have to remain so. Would be far much better an upgraded version with pro mode and keybord (and obviosly new track)

I disagree with keeping them a world apart. Having the songs exported to the main setlist is the best way of future-proofing our investment in the Beatles tracks for future enhancements to the Rock Band series and keeping the online play alive. Plus then I can easily play my John Lennon and Paul McCartney solo work in the same playing session with the Beatles.

People don't want to keep switching discs a ton and Rock Band parties are far more lively for most people when the Beatles are on. Adding them to the main series would be great. Also, then when Rock Band 4 comes out with its improvements, the tracks would hopefully just migrate over again and we could play them with whatever other enhancements come.

That said, I would support them if they put a per-track option to not use the custom avatars for those songs and maybe include the dreamscapes. I honestly don't care about the Rock Band characters, I just want the music and note tracks. I enjoyed the dreamscapes a lot, so they'd be cool to bring over. But from a pure playing standpoint, I think it's more important to have the songs carry through than anything else.

Then, if they added pro support for guitar and bass and separated out the keys, I'd be so happy. And I'd realistically spend $150 for that. $200 if there was a decent amount of unreleased tracks brought in as well. I'd want to know that it would carry over to future Rock Band titles though. I don't want to see any of the tracks get lost in obscurity because they're only available on an old disc.

Of course, given that Apple doesn't want it to mingle... I'd definitely be happy if there was a Beatles: Rock Band 2.

But launching a sequel title feels even more unlikely to me now because of the Harmonix situation and the so-called "death" of the music game genre. I honestly think there's a better chance now of Harmonix getting it out through DLC to Rock Band 3 than investing in a full launch of a shipping disc based title.

Sadly, I know either case has an almost zero percent chance of happening... I wish Apple and Harmonix could make it work though.