3/8 DLC Discussion Thread: Depeche Mode 3 Pack, Death Cab For Cutie

Comments

• PheranPheran Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Saisio;4324206 said:
    I wouldn't mind confirmation of which version of "I Will Possess Your Heart" it is. I rather prefer the longer, album cuts over the radio-friendly versions.

I don't know, I'll probably get beaten down by DCfC fans for saying this, but that insanely long intro sounds like it will be awfully boring to play if it's in there.
  • jenjunehjenjuneh Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    YAY FOR DEPECHE MODE!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo excited!!!! :D :D :D
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Pheran;4324240 said:
    I don't know, I'll probably get beaten down by DCfC fans for saying this, but that insanely long intro sounds like it will be awfully boring to play if it's in there.

This. I actually kinda hope it's the shorter version. It just dragged on for a bit too long. Maybe shave off 2 minutes and we'll talk.

Depeche Mode is pretty keen (people still say that?) and my feeling for Death Cab is mutual. Will probably pick up all this!
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited March 2011
    jenjuneh;4324242 said:
    I am soooo excited!!!! :D :D :D
    Actually I wouldn't mind seeing some Pointer Sisters either.
  • AshtrayHeartAshtrayHeart Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    Really excited. Getting all 4 songs.
    azzaman333;4324234 said:
    I'm going to buck the trend and hope it's the 4 minute version of I Will Possess Your Heart.

8-minute long songs is nothing new to Rock Band. We're most likely getting the full version.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    I'll pick up the Depressed Mood.. excuse me Depeche Mode pack for sure; like others I wouldn't have minded a different song pick (Master and Servant), but I do enjoy the band.
    The other, sounded Ok, and if it is the 8 minute version I might think about it.
  • RM-225RM-225 Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    Are you kidding me? Death Cab for Cutie and Depeche Mode? Awe-some.

Congratulations to both acts for making it to Rock Band.
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Pheran, I LOVE Death Cab, however I just refreshed myself on the album version and well I would def prefer the radio edit, that is an awful slow and long build up.

That being said, it's about DAMN TIME! Hopefully we see more of them for regular DLC and RBN. I was pretty disappointed it was only one song as well. All in all one Death Cab song is better than no Death Cab!
  • AladdinSaneAladdinSane Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    If I get the Cure or Joy Division next week, this will officially be the best three weeks ever!
  • disruptordisruptor Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Hell Yeah!!! Buying all, and the pro upgrade for my new squire!! HMX you ROCK!!
  • disruptordisruptor Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Der_Lex;4322073 said:
    Bonus tip: Depeche Mode is AWESOME.
    hakko504;4324195 said:
    No they are not.

yes, they are.
  • Erikus MaximusErikus Maximus Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Best DLC Day ever. This is gonna be a looooong weekend
  • rab39rab39 Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    What a horrible week!

just kidding, SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • coolsnoopy97coolsnoopy97 Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    I didn't believe it possible, but they released even worse DLC. This has to be one of the worst weeks ever. Ugh...When are we finally going to get some good DLC? I wait each week for some decent metal, or at least something worth playing, and I either get crappy bands that I don't like or, even worse, completely obscure and tedious crap like this.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Amazing DM pack, and not even a promotional single from their mediocre last album is dragging down the quality, yes! Two songs off Violator *high five*

The Death Cab For Cutie song sounds great, too. Will we get the 8 min album version?
  • Erikus MaximusErikus Maximus Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Funny that people want the covers for Personal Jesus: Marilyn Manson, Johnny Cash. Check out the covers by Gravity Kills and The Gospel. Pretty cool. Both far superior to the Marilyn Manson version.
  • thjimmythjimmy Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Depeche Mode rocks! Great choice.
  • azzaman333azzaman333 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Chertenstein;4324237 said:
    With the awesome buildup on keys, why wouldn't you want the 8 minute version? And if you don't like the song, GET OFF MY LAWN! :p

I like the song, but I don't like the excessively long intro. Which is why I'd much rather the 4 minute version.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited March 2011
    Looks like I'm getting every song this week. This week seems like it would have been a great time to release some more singles. Maybe I've gotten spoiled, but two weeks in a row with only four songs seems light to me.
  • HairyManHairyMan Always Rock On The Bright Side Of Life
    edited March 2011
    coolsnoopy97;4324264 said:
    I didn't believe it possible, but they released even worse DLC. This has to be one of the worst weeks ever. Ugh...When are we finally going to get some good DLC? I wait each week for some decent metal, or at least something worth playing, and I either get crappy bands that I don't like or, even worse, completely obscure and tedious crap like this.

Aren't you a mature person I'm glad is in this world?
  • ThedonkeymanThedonkeyman Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Might be interested in the Depeche Mode song, but to be honest, I can't stand the DCfC singer's voice. It makes me want to punch things. I'll have to see the Depeche Mode charts; they'll determine if I'm spending any money this week.
  • azzaman333azzaman333 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    AshtrayHeart;4324250 said:
    8-minute long songs is nothing new to Rock Band. We're most likely getting the full version.

The most similar example to IWPYH's intro that I can think of is Lucid Dreams' outro, which was cut from the Rock Band version.
  • NumanoidNumanoid Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Awesome to see DM finally make it to Rock Band. Great choices for songs. Hope there is more in the future.
  • rab39rab39 Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    A week after I complain about no iconic riffs compelling me to buy a Squier, but of course Harmonic releases the song with the most iconic riff from my absolute favorite band. Well, they shut me up.

I'm certain Depeche Mode will sell well even if the boards don't go crazy, since they have a humongous international fanbase...all three songs are excellent, especially Never Let Me Down Again, one of the best songs about drug addiction ever recorded.

London Calling and Depeche Mode make this my favorite year for DLC already. What's next? Horses, Beggars Banquet and Slanted and Enchanted?
  • AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    The giant Depeche Mode nerd in me is sad to not see any tracks off of the earlier albums. However, the other giant Depeche Mode nerd in me is REALLY EXCITED TO GET DM IN ROCK BAND YEAH BABY!!!!!! And if you're going to pick later-era DM tracks (yes, Violator is "later-era" for old fogies like me) then you picked some real winners.

The wife is a huge DCFC fan so I will give it a listen to and see if it is interesting to me, but right now I'll say it's a "maybe".

Also, since (theoretically) my Squier arrives Monday, I will be picking up the Personal Jesus pro upgrade at the same time for my first Pro upgrade! Woo hoo!
  • ChertensteinChertenstein Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    azzaman333;4324269 said:
    I like the song, but I don't like the excessively long intro. Which is why I'd much rather the 4 minute version.

Alright, fair enough. It is long, but then again, I don't sing much. I'm glad to hear you like the song.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited March 2011
    coolsnoopy97;4324264 said:

http://www.emimusic.com/news/2009/new-depeche-mode-album-number-one-in-20-countries/

Depeche Mode have sold over 100 million albums, bro. Their fan page also has well over 3 million likes on Facebook, too. It's more complete ignorance on your part rather than complete obscurity on Depeche Mode's part.

Either way, getting all the DLC this week, even if I'm sick of Personal Jesus and Policy of Truth at this point. I would've greatly preferred some choices from Speak & Spell but beggars can't be choosers.
  • Han DaimondHan Daimond Letdown
    edited March 2011
    FINALLY DEPECHE MODE!!! And better yet, "Never let me down again" and "Personal Jesus" are in. <3

Win win HMX.
  • Starfleet_RamboStarfleet_Rambo Headliner
    edited March 2011
    I knew better than to get excited about Lex being excited. No Dream Theater!!! :mad:

*spits*

Not terrible DLC, but I will pass on Depeche Mode. Death Cab song a possibility.
  • doomed26doomed26 Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Death Cab!!!! Wish they were the ones with the three pack...but hopefully there will be more in the future.