DLC Content Missing from PS3 EU store

Comments

• GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    NecoDelero;4367712 said:
    I think that converting RBN songs for PS3 takes time. Since there weren't any releases in the past few weeks, the songs they've been working on have piled up I guess.
    Nah, I believe it was a HMX rep/mod that said something along the lines of it being a limitation imposed by Sony. That's why they could only release 5 a week.

If they can release 10 a week now, they could've done that from the start.
  • Weeksy77Weeksy77 Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Graffin;4367091 said:
    SCEE's obviously to blame. HMXhenry's right.

Yeah, again - HMXhenry's saying one thing, and SCEE representatives have said another (The claim on the "Days of Peace" pack is that it was submitted only as individual tracks originally to SCEE, not as a pack).

Ultimately both sides are attempting to save face, but as a Customer Service Manager, if I have trouble getting responses or information from people when I request it, I escalate it to their superiors, esepcially when it's a recurring issue - HMXhenry, perhaps that's the tact your team needs to start taking if you are genuinely having issues with the PSN team at SCEE.

But - and there's always a but - perhaps the Harmonix Team needs to review the way it submits info to SCEE. These issues have been happening for a long time now, so there has to be a common solution for both parties that can get this resolved.
  • rko389rko389 Banned
    edited April 2011
    So if theres 10 RBN songs from last week not on the store and 10 songs are coming this week....hows that gonna work out?
  • edited April 2011
    TheDescent;4366600 said:
    I'd love to have a simple answer like this, something along "Yes, we are aware of this problem, I feel sorry for you guys and we're working on it" would be perfect, so I can actually know that you're doing your job.
    Yes, we are aware of this problem, I feel sorry for you guys and we're working on it. ;)
    Graffin;4367091 said:
    Nah, the RBN tracks aren't there. Surprise surprise. At least the regular DLC and pro upgrades are. That's something.
    Following up with Audio now to see if this is an expected delay rolling over to RBN2.0 of if it's an unexpected issue we need to address with SCEE.
    Graffin;4367091 said:
    I do have a question for Harmonix though.... if you're now attempting to push through 10 songs a week on the RBN for the PS3... why couldn't you have done that from day 1 instead of offering us just 5?
    Our Audio team is limited to the number of tracks that they are able to resubmit in a given week and SCEE is limited in the amount of content that they're able to test and push live. We had a few weeks where we weren't able to release any PS3 RBN tracks, but even when we weren't releasing them we were still working on them. We've been able to build up a bank of tracks from those off weeks and we're working to get as many out as possible to help the PS3 catch up on content. We would not have been able to do this every week.
    Weeksy77;4368392 said:

But - and there's always a but - perhaps the Harmonix Team needs to review the way it submits info to SCEE. These issues have been happening for a long time now, so there has to be a common solution for both parties that can get this resolved.
    You're 100% correct. We've got a lot of experience with submitting DLC but we're constantly revising the process to make improvements. Unfortunately, we don't appear to be a high priority for SCEE right now and we're not able to see resolutions as quickly as we do for SCEA or the other consoles. These issues may be in the SCEE backlog for a while, though we'll continue to hammer away and escalate existing issues, but I think we can all agree that the new content is the highest priority moving forward.
  • guitarjackedguitarjacked Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
  • edited April 2011
    Hamreus;4367064 said:
    Am I missing something? Is there no RBN songs for europe this week? I know US have them.

Attack Attack! - Sexual Man Chocolate
    Of Mice & Men - Those in Glass Houses
    Woe, Is Me - [&] Delinquents
    Mayday Parade - Jamie All Over
    Chiodos - Lexington (Joey Pea-Pot With a Monkey Face)
    Firewind - The Fire and the Fury
    Amberian Dawn - Evil Inside Me
    Evile - Devoid of Thought
    The Main Drag - What's Your Favorite Dinosaur?
    The Main Drag - Love During Wartime

It turns out that there will be an one week delay for RBN content coming to SCEE for the next few weeks, so these tracks should be coming out to SCEE on 4/20.

Not sure where the breakdown in communications hit, but I've updated the announcement for next week to reflect the shift and will make sure that this is clearer in the announcement next week as well. Sorry for the confusion.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    hmxhenry;4369072 said:
    Not sure where the breakdown in communications hit

It's not the first time is it with SCEE? Problems with communication with SCEE have been going on for years, to the point that annoyed me enough to make this thread : http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Store-Games/8-Rock-Band-packs-are-more-expensive-than-buying-the-songs-on/td-p/8926689/

In the end I changed console to the 360, partially due to the communication between HMX and SCEE but mostly due to the way Sony decided to claim ownership over hardware. I personally have a very high moral perspective on purchases, so Sony lost money from me on this issue.

Anyway, I am drifting here. The main point is that there is certainly a communication problem between HMX and SCEE (which annoys some friends of mine who are less vocal but have less moral issues) that HMX should address. It does not only relate to DLC delays but also pricing issues. Hopefully HMXHenry can delegate upwards and find out where the breakdown is, because as it stands it does little but alienate any potential clients who have recently switched titles.
  • Red_FlamingoRed_Flamingo Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before or if this is an actual problem or not, but I really want to download the song Hysteria from Muse; only problem is that I can't find it anywhere in the EU PS3 store. It simply doesn't show Muse as an artist nor the song in the songs list.

I don't know if this is a problem with the store or with my PS3, but I still really want to know if anyone has the same problem.
  • robbieconrobbiecon Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Red_Flamingo;4370915 said:
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before or if this is an actual problem or not, but I really want to download the song Hysteria from Muse; only problem is that I can't find it anywhere in the EU PS3 store. It simply doesn't show Muse as an artist nor the song in the songs list.

I don't know if this is a problem with the store or with my PS3, but I still really want to know if anyone has the same problem.
    The only way to get Hysteria by Muse in Europe is by exporting the RB1 disc. It was included on the European disc, along with songs like Rock n Roll Star by Oasis, and Monsoon by Tokio Hotel. These songs were not released as DLC in Europe.
  • ace_on_bassace_on_bass Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    I know you mentioned there was a Billy Joel pack pricing error, but I would like to mention that the individual tracks in the first pack (The Hits) are priced at £1.19 instead of £0.99 for the UK.

Same goes for 38 Special's Hold On Loosely as well as Lynyrd Skynyrd 's Sweet Home Alabama (Live) and Saturday Night Special (but not the other two songs in the Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack 01...) and Johnny Cash's Cry, Cry, Cry

I was looking to purchase Movin' Out and Only The Good Die Young as well as the pro upgrades, and it's more about the principle than the extra 20p for each :P

No idea why these discrepancies are going on. It's not like they're RBN tracks where the price can vary.
  • edited April 2011
    hmxhenry;4368885 said:

Following up with Audio now to see if this is an expected delay rolling over to RBN2.0 of if it's an unexpected issue we need to address with SCEE.

Okay, so word back is that the SCEE pipeline for RBN songs is still a little wonky after the switch to RBN2.0. We're still pushing for 10 song weeks but there's at least one 20 song week scheduled for SCEE in May to catch up for the missed weeks. We'll try to get better estimates for RBN pushes in the weekly announcement threads. Thanks for sticking with us.

I've also updated the OP to clean out some of the older resolved issues and track store availability issues expected to be addressed shortly.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Good News: Everything seems ok this week for regular DLC (even if I bought only the Mastodon song) and we even got the 10 RBN tracks that we didn't got last week.

Bad News: Still, no days of peace pack 01. Not in the PSN store, not in the In-game one.
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the info HMXhenry.

Sounds like the Audio Team needs to be more vocal with SCEE :p

Looking forward to that week where we get 20 RBN 1.0 tracks!
  • silversteensilversteen Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    hmxhenry;4371785 said:
    I've also updated the OP to clean out some of the older resolved issues and track store availability issues expected to be addressed shortly.

Had a look on the OP. You list "Bad Moon Rising (Pro Guitar)" as visible but not downloadable. On April 11th I finally bought this upgrade and could download it. So, as far as I know, this issue should be resolved. (If it is gone missing again then please disregard this comment.)

Thank you for the support and showing us that you guys are working on those issues!
    edited April 2011
    I bought and downloaded the Bad Moon Rising pro-upgrade on April 9, so unless it's gone missing again, it was working!

Also missing from your list is the Green Day Pack 01. It's not showing up in the AU or UK PSN Store. I bought it day 1, but I know others have complained about it going missing since the release of Green Day Rock Band.

I also noticed that the track Charlene was no-longer free last time I looked, but the PSN seems to be down worldwide, so I can't confirm if that's still the case now.

I'm really loving Sony atm. If I didn't invest so much in discs, DLC and instruments then i'd be playing on a 360 right about now!
  • edited April 2011
    Graffin;4373331 said:

I also noticed that the track Charlene was no-longer free last time I looked, but the PSN seems to be down worldwide, so I can't confirm if that's still the case now.

I'm really loving Sony atm. If I didn't invest so much in discs, DLC and instruments then i'd be playing on a 360 right about now!

I'll follow up with Audio about removing Bad Moon Rising from the list, adding Green Day Pack 01 and looking into the availability of Charlene as a free track.

We were blindsided by the PSN outage today too, so that will mean we won't be able to revisit things until Monday at the earliest, which is a pain. Word on the street is that they may have additional outages planned in the future which, I'm sure, will confuse things further.

Here's the info I've seen on the PSN outage:

http://ca.kotaku.com/5794440/sony-playstation-outage-could-last-days

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2011/04/21/playstation-network-error-could-be-down-a-full-day-or-two/
  • HerrGuertlerHerrGuertler Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    as stated before also the track "still alive" from the portal game isn´t free in the EU store of the PS3. (last time I checked was 5 days ago) please add the track to your checklist hmxhenry. thank you in advance
  • edited April 2011
    Just an FYI, while the PSN is down Sony has a lot of major issues on their plate that will, understandably, push these issues even further down the road. I certainly can't fault them for that, since getting the PSN back up and running for all games is clearly a higher priority than a few pieces of 2 year old content for one game. We're still forwarding requests along, just wanted to chime in to let everyone know that Sony is in a rough spot right now.
    edited June 2011
    Hey there hmxhenry,

The PSN Store's finally back up. All of the RBN tracks are there.

I can't get onto the RB3 Music Store to check/buy Pro Upgrades because it keeps crashing on me.

I'll list what's up (in green) and what's not (in red)... hopefully that helps you get the content added soon.

April 27th:

• (Roy Orbison 75th Birthday Pack)
    • Roy Orbison – “Blue Bayou”
    • Roy Orbison – “Dream Baby (How Long Must I Dream)”
    • Roy Orbison – “Only the Lonely (Know the Way I Feel)”

• KISS – “Rock and Roll All Nite (Live)”
    • KISS – “Strutter (Live)”

Pro Guitar Upgrades:

• KISS – “Rock and Roll All Nite (Live)”
    • Roy Orbison – “Only the Lonely (Know the Way I Feel)”

May 4th:

• Culture Club – “Do You Really Want to Hurt Me”
    • Faith No More – “From Out of Nowhere”
    • Loverboy – “Working for the Weekend”
    • Phish – “Stash”
    • Phish – “Tweezer”
    • Stone Temple Pilots – “Big Bang Baby”

Pro Guitar Upgrades:

• Loverboy – “Working for the Weekend”
    • Phish – “Stash”
    • Stone Temple Pilots – “Big Bang Baby”

May 11th:

• (Foo Fighters Pack 04)
    • Foo Fighters – “Long Road to Ruin”
    • Foo Fighters – “Rope”
    • Foo Fighters – “Stacked Actors”
    • Foo Fighters – “Walk”
    • Lordi – “Hard Rock Hallelujah”
    • Run-DMC – “King of Rock”

Pro Guitar Upgrades:

• Foo Fighters – “Rope”

Pro Guitar Additions for Legacy Songs:

• Foo Fighters – “Monkey Wrench”
    • Foo Fighters – “The Pretender”

May 18th:

• (Pantera Pack 01)
    • Pantera – “5 Minutes Alone”
    • Pantera – “I’m Broken”
    • Pantera – “Mouth for War”
    • Pantera – “Walk”
    • Peter Frampton – “Do You Feel Like We Do (Live)”

Pro Guitar Upgrades:

• Pantera – “5 Minutes Alone”
    • Pantera – “Walk”

May 25th:

• (Lady Gaga Pack 02)
    • Lady Gaga – “Born This Way”
    • Lady Gaga – “LoveGame”
    • Lady Gaga – “Paparazzi”
    • Foreigner – “Hot Blooded”
    • Foreigner – “Urgent”

Pro Guitar Upgrades:

• Foreigner – “Hot Blooded”
    • Foreigner – “Urgent”

Pro Guitar Additions for Legacy Songs:

• Alice in Chains – “Rooster”
    • The White Stripes – “Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground”

June 1st:

• (Ozzy Osbourne 8-Pack)
    • “Bark at the Moon” (available only as part of the 8-pack)
    • “Diary of a Madman”
    • “Flying High Again”
    • “I Don’t Know”
    • “Mama, I’m Coming Home” (available only as part of the 8-pack)
    • “Mr. Crowley”
    • “Over the Mountain”
    • “Steal Away (The Night)”

Pro Guitar Upgrades:

• “Bark at the Moon” (available only as part of the 8-pack)
    • “Mama, I’m Coming Home” (available only as part of the 8-pack)
    • “Mr. Crowley”
  • KMO_2000KMO_2000 Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    Thanks, Graffin - but for clarity, you should probably give each pack and Pro upgrade its own line (and lose the Xs), so you've got an entry for each expected DLC item. From the Store point of view, they're equivalent and separate items, and they're quite capable of messing up any of them.
    edited June 2011
    Okies, i've added the Packs/Pro Upgrades to each of the dates, and what should have been added this week as well.

Finally got into the RB3 Music Store... it's a bit of a mess. Just about all of the DLC during the PSN "down-time" is not listed, and everything that I haven't already bought is showing up as "Currently Unavailable".

Hopefully HMX can get Sony to add the missing content in the next couple of weeks and that any future updates won't also be delayed.

Update: Sony added more content, the RB3 Music Store now shows songs up to and including April 27th, there's even a couple of new Pro Upgrades!
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    Shame we miss the Foo's week, was the most wanted pack of this period :(. Seen that every RBN song has been added, woah! :p
  • Hippie403Hippie403 Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    I'm still waiting to be able to download the Light My Fire Pro Guitar upgrade I purchased from
    the Australian PSN store.
  • FlybebooFlybeboo Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    Now is it me or is the game called rockband. I only ask because as the eu psn is now up I excitedly logged in to Download some tunes mainly the foo fighters tracks. That's not there but lady gaga is??? Since when was she rock? When are all the weeks we missed going to be uploaded
    edited June 2011
    I too am waiting for the Foo Fighters Pack and pro upgrades.

According to Sony's EU Blog, there's another update planned for Monday, so i'm hoping the rest of the missing content during the "downtime" will be added then, or along with Wednesday's update.

All of the other issues still exist though (missing packs, missing pro upgrades, tracks which should be free like "Charlene" and "Still Alive" are $2.45 here in Australia), but I guess they'll be addressed once Sony catches up with all the current DLC.
  • psn_KyleDawna420psn_KyleDawna420 Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    hey just wondering when hot blooded by Foreigner will show up in the psn store for ps3 users in canada.the song urgent is there but other song is not.
  • gtaguy95gtaguy95 Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    why isnt there the foo fighters pack and lordi's hard rock hallelujah????????????
  • psn_KyleDawna420psn_KyleDawna420 Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    gtaguy95;4412355 said:
    why isnt there the foo fighters pack and lordi's hard rock hallelujah????????????
    those are availible in canada now i guess they have some sorting out to do.
  • randomasrandomas Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    I'm having an issue with Alice in chains' "rooster", I had bought it previosuly, now it's listed as supporting pro guitar, but the upgrade is not buyable or downloadable, It just results as being in library.
    Any help, news or info?

PS3 user in Italy.
  • Hippie403Hippie403 Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    vortex127;4322936 said:
    Also so you are aware - "Light my Fire" and "Touch Me" pro guitar upgrades are unavailable in the PS3 UK store (I bought them after the initial week when I believe they were working as intended but now you get a no content found message)

This problem still exists in the Australian store. It has been a problem for a long time.
    I've paid for this content and can't access it. Not happy. It was a problem long before PSN
    went down and should have been rectified ages ago.
    Just to reiterate:

"Light my Fire" and "Touch Me" pro guitar upgrades

Can't be downloaded from the Sony EU based stores.