DLC Content Missing from PS3 EU store

Hey gang,

I'm creating this thread to consolidate several smaller threads about issues with this week's DLC on the PS3 in EU and other international territories. These issues should only affect those on the PS3 and do not apply to the US store. We have reached out to SCEE (Sony Europe) to have these issues corrected as soon as possible and will update this thread when we have more info.

Comments

  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    TheDescent;4351778 said:
    Days Of Peace 01 is missing from the EU store (at least, from the Italian store). No update in the blog as well, and no pack in the PSN store/In-game store.

    Some hopes to get the pack next week?
    It's not in the AU PSN Store either... so yet another SCEE screw-up.

    Add that to the list of other packs STILL not up, and again, no Bad Moon Rising pro-upgrade... it's been 4 weeks!

    Hey HMXhenry, if you could please let us know what's happening with the missing content and the future of RBN 1.0 and 2.0 songs on the PS3, it would be very very much appreciated.
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, can confirm the pack is missing. I wonder if all these mistakes happen because British sony employers can't understand american english, loalz?
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    LunaticSoul;4351834 said:
    Yeah, can confirm the pack is missing. I wonder if all these mistakes happen because British sony employers can't understand american english, loalz?

    Exactly My thoughts. LOL
  • Weeksy77Weeksy77 Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Graffin;4351815 said:
    It's not in the AU PSN Store either... so yet another SCEE screw-up.

    Like Public Enemy once said - Don't Believe The Hype.

    The Heads-Up team of Ross & Mike over at the European Blog have both said on multiple occasions that they put up exactly what Harmonix provide, so we need to follow up price screw ups, pack availability with Harmonix, not SCEE.

    Either way - you all speak English, how bloody hard can it be to co-ordinate pricing and packs?

    And Henry... BTW - The in-game music store tells me that I already own the "Bad Moon Rising" Pro-Upgrade when I definitely don't (but do want to get it). I don't really want to have to delete the CCR pack and re-install it - any other thoughts on it?
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    The thing I love about this forum is that the support section is always filled with Mods and Devs answers. Isn't that BEAUTIFUL?

    /sarcasm
  • AsmodeiAsmodei Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    Bad Moon Rising is STILL missing from EU-PSN even though it is listed as "pro enabled".

    - We have been waiting for a month now, what is going on?

    Or is it just me?
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    PSN Store updated, and still no "Days of Peace" pack in the PSN/in-game store. What the hell? One week and we didn't get a single word about that.

    I'm not going to buy any of those songs until they come out in a pack.
  • AsmodeiAsmodei Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    Weeksy77;4353952 said:
    Like Public Enemy once said - Don't Believe The Hype.

    The Heads-Up team of Ross & Mike over at the European Blog have both said on multiple occasions that they put up exactly what Harmonix provide, so we need to follow up price screw ups, pack availability with Harmonix, not SCEE.

    Either way - you all speak English, how bloody hard can it be to co-ordinate pricing and packs?

    And Henry... BTW - The in-game music store tells me that I already own the "Bad Moon Rising" Pro-Upgrade when I definitely don't (but do want to get it). I don't really want to have to delete the CCR pack and re-install it - any other thoughts on it?

    Well you know what they say about N. Americans and Britons ? " Separated by a common language". - But seriously; it would be good if they could get their act together. I share the exact same thing from DL of the CCR pack.
  • HerrGuertlerHerrGuertler Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    "Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)" is priced at £0.99, should be free.

    same with "Still Alive" which is priced €1.49 and should be free. The "Live free or Die" achievement doesn´t make any sense otherwise.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    The Bad Moon Rising Pro-Upgrade's now available... thanks HMXhenry.

    Just one request... well, two... please release "Dance Floor" by Apples In Stereo onto the PS3... if that's one of the RBN 1.0 songs that don't make it onto the PS3 i'll be :( and what's with all the 70s/80s music being released as regular DLC?

    Will we ever get more Bad Religion (eg. "American Jesus", "Generator", "Punk Rock Song", "The Answer") or Green Day (eg. "The Saints Are Coming" - the song they did with U2 would be awesome).
  • goldfinger1976goldfinger1976 Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    The Doors Light My Fire PRO upgrade is still missing. Bought the DLC about a month ago and still cant download it. When will this be sorted out?
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Another week where the "Days Of Peace" pack is missing.
    Also, the PSN blog updated the list of the new content for 04-13 but the RBN songs aren't listed, even if the In-Game store have them as "not avaiable".
    Seriously, what's wrong with you guys?

    Also, I can't post a new thread in the support area, and since this thread is almost left alone (and HMXHenry answered various threads other than this) I guess that no-one is doing anything.

    Good job hmx, good job. :\
  • edited April 2011
    TheDescent;4366289 said:

    Also, I can't post a new thread in the support area, and since this thread is almost left alone (and HMXHenry answered various threads other than this) I guess that no-one is doing anything.

    Good job hmx, good job. :\
    Sorry for the radio silence, but rest assured that we're working on this every day even if I'm not posting every day.

    I flag every issue raised on the forums to our Audio team who has to resolve things with SCEE who, I have been told, are extremely unresponsive. We're not able to make changes to the PS3 store without SCEE's support, so we're very much at their mercy for making corrections. I don't believe that our Audio team is the issue, because they're able to release content on 360 US, 360 EU, Wii US, Wii EU and PS3 US almost entirely without issue week after week. SCEE is the only area where we consistently run into problems and I agree that the current status of RB DLC is completely unacceptable.

    It's obviously in our best interest to have consistent quality DLC releases, so there's no reason why we wouldn't be focusing on this. The more content we can make available to you the better. I'll bump this thread with the Audio team again and escalate the issue to move things along with SCEE.
  • NecoDeleroNecoDelero Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    hmxhenry;4366453 said:
    Sorry for the radio silence, but rest assured that we're working on this every day even if I'm not posting every day.

    Thanks a lot for the update, it makes waiting for the issue to be fixed a lot easier.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    hmxhenry;4366453 said:
    Sorry for the radio silence, but rest assured that we're working on this every day even if I'm not posting every day.

    I flag every issue raised on the forums to our Audio team who has to resolve things with SCEE who, I have been told, are extremely unresponsive. We're not able to make changes to the PS3 store without SCEE's support, so we're very much at their mercy for making corrections. I don't believe that our Audio team is the issue, because they're able to release content on 360 US, 360 EU, Wii US, Wii EU and PS3 US almost entirely without issue week after week. SCEE is the only area where we consistently run into problems and I agree that the current status of RB DLC is completely unacceptable.

    It's obviously in our best interest to have consistent quality DLC releases, so there's no reason why we wouldn't be focusing on this. The more content we can make available to you the better. I'll bump this thread with the Audio team again and escalate the issue to move things along with SCEE.

    Thanks, man. Sorry If my post felt like I was pissed of (which I am not) but one thing that I like about you guys is the fact that you do CARE about your customers. Looking at this thread every day, with no answer from you since almost a week seems kinda strange. I'd love to have a simple answer like this, something along "Yes, we are aware of this problem, I feel sorry for you guys and we're working on it" would be perfect, so I can actually know that you're doing your job.

    Again, sorry for that post, and sorry for my bad english.

    Keep on the good work! :)
  • HamreusHamreus Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    Am I missing something? Is there no RBN songs for europe this week? I know US have them.
    Attack Attack! - Sexual Man Chocolate
    Of Mice & Men - Those in Glass Houses
    Woe, Is Me - [&] Delinquents
    Mayday Parade - Jamie All Over
    Chiodos - Lexington (Joey Pea-Pot With a Monkey Face)
    Firewind - The Fire and the Fury
    Amberian Dawn - Evil Inside Me
    Evile - Devoid of Thought
    The Main Drag - What's Your Favorite Dinosaur?
    The Main Drag - Love During Wartime
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Nah, the RBN tracks aren't there. Surprise surprise. At least the regular DLC and pro upgrades are. That's something.

    SCEE's obviously to blame. HMXhenry's right. Content gets released on all other platforms and even Sony in the US can get it right. I guess for Sony Europe, it's a lil more difficult because there are so many countries (UK/Europe/Australia, etc) and currencies to deal with, but that's no excuse when these screw-ups happen week after week.

    And of course, some packs, tracks, pro upgrades either never get put up, are delayed, or go missing if you don't buy them in the week they go up.

    I do have a question for Harmonix though.... if you're now attempting to push through 10 songs a week on the RBN for the PS3... why couldn't you have done that from day 1 instead of offering us just 5?
  • NecoDeleroNecoDelero Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    Graffin;4367091 said:
    I do have a question for Harmonix though.... if you're now attempting to push through 10 songs a week on the RBN for the PS3... why couldn't you have done that from day 1 instead of offering us just 5?

    I think that converting RBN songs for PS3 takes time. Since there weren't any releases in the past few weeks, the songs they've been working on have piled up I guess.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    NecoDelero;4367712 said:
    I think that converting RBN songs for PS3 takes time. Since there weren't any releases in the past few weeks, the songs they've been working on have piled up I guess.
    Nah, I believe it was a HMX rep/mod that said something along the lines of it being a limitation imposed by Sony. That's why they could only release 5 a week.

    If they can release 10 a week now, they could've done that from the start.
  • Weeksy77Weeksy77 Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Graffin;4367091 said:
    SCEE's obviously to blame. HMXhenry's right.

    Yeah, again - HMXhenry's saying one thing, and SCEE representatives have said another (The claim on the "Days of Peace" pack is that it was submitted only as individual tracks originally to SCEE, not as a pack).

    Ultimately both sides are attempting to save face, but as a Customer Service Manager, if I have trouble getting responses or information from people when I request it, I escalate it to their superiors, esepcially when it's a recurring issue - HMXhenry, perhaps that's the tact your team needs to start taking if you are genuinely having issues with the PSN team at SCEE.

    But - and there's always a but - perhaps the Harmonix Team needs to review the way it submits info to SCEE. These issues have been happening for a long time now, so there has to be a common solution for both parties that can get this resolved.
  • rko389rko389 Banned
    edited April 2011
    So if theres 10 RBN songs from last week not on the store and 10 songs are coming this week....hows that gonna work out?
  • edited April 2011
    TheDescent;4366600 said:
    I'd love to have a simple answer like this, something along "Yes, we are aware of this problem, I feel sorry for you guys and we're working on it" would be perfect, so I can actually know that you're doing your job.
    Yes, we are aware of this problem, I feel sorry for you guys and we're working on it. ;)
    Graffin;4367091 said:
    Nah, the RBN tracks aren't there. Surprise surprise. At least the regular DLC and pro upgrades are. That's something.
    Following up with Audio now to see if this is an expected delay rolling over to RBN2.0 of if it's an unexpected issue we need to address with SCEE.
    Graffin;4367091 said:
    I do have a question for Harmonix though.... if you're now attempting to push through 10 songs a week on the RBN for the PS3... why couldn't you have done that from day 1 instead of offering us just 5?
    Our Audio team is limited to the number of tracks that they are able to resubmit in a given week and SCEE is limited in the amount of content that they're able to test and push live. We had a few weeks where we weren't able to release any PS3 RBN tracks, but even when we weren't releasing them we were still working on them. We've been able to build up a bank of tracks from those off weeks and we're working to get as many out as possible to help the PS3 catch up on content. We would not have been able to do this every week.
    Weeksy77;4368392 said:

    But - and there's always a but - perhaps the Harmonix Team needs to review the way it submits info to SCEE. These issues have been happening for a long time now, so there has to be a common solution for both parties that can get this resolved.
    You're 100% correct. We've got a lot of experience with submitting DLC but we're constantly revising the process to make improvements. Unfortunately, we don't appear to be a high priority for SCEE right now and we're not able to see resolutions as quickly as we do for SCEA or the other consoles. These issues may be in the SCEE backlog for a while, though we'll continue to hammer away and escalate existing issues, but I think we can all agree that the new content is the highest priority moving forward.
  • guitarjackedguitarjacked Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
  • edited April 2011
    Hamreus;4367064 said:
    Am I missing something? Is there no RBN songs for europe this week? I know US have them.

    Attack Attack! - Sexual Man Chocolate
    Of Mice & Men - Those in Glass Houses
    Woe, Is Me - [&] Delinquents
    Mayday Parade - Jamie All Over
    Chiodos - Lexington (Joey Pea-Pot With a Monkey Face)
    Firewind - The Fire and the Fury
    Amberian Dawn - Evil Inside Me
    Evile - Devoid of Thought
    The Main Drag - What's Your Favorite Dinosaur?
    The Main Drag - Love During Wartime

    It turns out that there will be an one week delay for RBN content coming to SCEE for the next few weeks, so these tracks should be coming out to SCEE on 4/20.

    Not sure where the breakdown in communications hit, but I've updated the announcement for next week to reflect the shift and will make sure that this is clearer in the announcement next week as well. Sorry for the confusion.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    hmxhenry;4369072 said:
    Not sure where the breakdown in communications hit

    It's not the first time is it with SCEE? Problems with communication with SCEE have been going on for years, to the point that annoyed me enough to make this thread : http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Store-Games/8-Rock-Band-packs-are-more-expensive-than-buying-the-songs-on/td-p/8926689/

    In the end I changed console to the 360, partially due to the communication between HMX and SCEE but mostly due to the way Sony decided to claim ownership over hardware. I personally have a very high moral perspective on purchases, so Sony lost money from me on this issue.

    Anyway, I am drifting here. The main point is that there is certainly a communication problem between HMX and SCEE (which annoys some friends of mine who are less vocal but have less moral issues) that HMX should address. It does not only relate to DLC delays but also pricing issues. Hopefully HMXHenry can delegate upwards and find out where the breakdown is, because as it stands it does little but alienate any potential clients who have recently switched titles.
  • Red_FlamingoRed_Flamingo Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before or if this is an actual problem or not, but I really want to download the song Hysteria from Muse; only problem is that I can't find it anywhere in the EU PS3 store. It simply doesn't show Muse as an artist nor the song in the songs list.

    I don't know if this is a problem with the store or with my PS3, but I still really want to know if anyone has the same problem.
  • robbieconrobbiecon Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Red_Flamingo;4370915 said:
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before or if this is an actual problem or not, but I really want to download the song Hysteria from Muse; only problem is that I can't find it anywhere in the EU PS3 store. It simply doesn't show Muse as an artist nor the song in the songs list.

    I don't know if this is a problem with the store or with my PS3, but I still really want to know if anyone has the same problem.
    The only way to get Hysteria by Muse in Europe is by exporting the RB1 disc. It was included on the European disc, along with songs like Rock n Roll Star by Oasis, and Monsoon by Tokio Hotel. These songs were not released as DLC in Europe.
  • ace_on_bassace_on_bass Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    I know you mentioned there was a Billy Joel pack pricing error, but I would like to mention that the individual tracks in the first pack (The Hits) are priced at £1.19 instead of £0.99 for the UK.

    Same goes for 38 Special's Hold On Loosely as well as Lynyrd Skynyrd 's Sweet Home Alabama (Live) and Saturday Night Special (but not the other two songs in the Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack 01...) and Johnny Cash's Cry, Cry, Cry

    I was looking to purchase Movin' Out and Only The Good Die Young as well as the pro upgrades, and it's more about the principle than the extra 20p for each :P

    No idea why these discrepancies are going on. It's not like they're RBN tracks where the price can vary.
  • edited April 2011
    hmxhenry;4368885 said:

    Following up with Audio now to see if this is an expected delay rolling over to RBN2.0 of if it's an unexpected issue we need to address with SCEE.

    Okay, so word back is that the SCEE pipeline for RBN songs is still a little wonky after the switch to RBN2.0. We're still pushing for 10 song weeks but there's at least one 20 song week scheduled for SCEE in May to catch up for the missed weeks. We'll try to get better estimates for RBN pushes in the weekly announcement threads. Thanks for sticking with us.

    I've also updated the OP to clean out some of the older resolved issues and track store availability issues expected to be addressed shortly.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Good News: Everything seems ok this week for regular DLC (even if I bought only the Mastodon song) and we even got the 10 RBN tracks that we didn't got last week.

    Bad News: Still, no days of peace pack 01. Not in the PSN store, not in the In-game one.
Sign In or Register to comment.