Modest mouse?

c541timc541tim Unsigned
edited March 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Is anyone trying to get modest mouse in rbn since they already have a on disk song so they should be a perfect fit for it right? Idk how this stuff works or if anyone is in talks but Id really like to see more modest mouse on rockband.

Comments

• OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    All but their first two albums were released under Sony, and I wouldn't be surprised if they acquire the rights to the back catalogue so chances are it won't happen through RBN.
  • c541timc541tim Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    so im guessing sony isnt in to rbn? lame oh well.
  • AshtrayHeartAshtrayHeart Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    I'd buy songs from their first two albums.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Oscarvarium;4326101 said:
    All but their first two albums were released under Sony, and I wouldn't be surprised if they acquire the rights to the back catalogue so chances are it won't happen through RBN.
    Sony does have the rights to their earlier stuff. They've done special re-releases of those albums.
    edited March 2011
    c541tim;4326202 said:
    so im guessing sony isnt in to rbn? lame oh well.
    Of the big four record labels that make up about three quarters of the music industry, Sony and UMG have shown no interest in RBN, and EMI were active at first but soon pulled out without actually getting anything properly released and haven't shown any signs of getting back into it. Warner Music Group are currently looking the most promising, as they have released three songs by the Downtown Fiction (through three different authoring groups) but have been dormant since then.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    The Downtown Fiction tracks aren't THAT old. Plus it's easy to appear dormant when RBN1.0's been on the way out for a while now.

At least they aren't as bad as Sub Pop promising all these huge bands, releasing full albums, debut singles, etc and delivering on nearly none of them.

At least we got 3 Flight of the Conchords songs :\
    edited March 2011
    tdc002;4326385 said:
    The Downtown Fiction tracks aren't THAT old. Plus it's easy to appear dormant when RBN1.0's been on the way out for a while now.

At least they aren't as bad as Sub Pop promising all these huge bands, releasing full albums, debut singles, etc and delivering on nearly none of them.

At least we got 3 Flight of the Conchords songs :\
    Yeah I know the Warner songs weren't that long ago, but it was clearly them testing the waters very cautiously and not just opening the floodgates to all WMG artists to get on RBN. I wouldn't be surprised if they took more part in RBN in the future but it will probably be very much on their terms and not based on fans or authors contacting artists.
  • a_bull_on_paradea_bull_on_parade Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Modest Mouse 01:

A Different City
    Doin' The Cockroach
    Ocean Breaths Salty
    King Rat
    Dashboard
  • a_bull_on_paradea_bull_on_parade Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Woh, thought this was a Ultimate Setlist post. Pack needs still stand.