DLC of 3/15 Official Discussion Thread: WAR, OK Go, The Police

IBKIBKIBKIBK Opening Act
edited March 2011 in Rock Band
WAR - Spill the Wine
OK Go - Shooting the moon
The Police - Every breath you take
The Police - So Lonely

The dlc of the next week is visible in the wii shop :P
Credits to my friend boe who saw it first :)

Captures:
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8384/photo00001dn.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1880/leak.jpg (thanks boe! :) )

It shows like not avaliable now (in spanish and german :P )

Comments

• lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Odd Choices, can anyone confirm?
  • Starfleet_RamboStarfleet_Rambo Headliner
    edited March 2011
    Good, crap DLC not to be missed for the Defiant map pack if true.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited March 2011
    Ok Go with no Get Over it. :(
  • AshtrayHeartAshtrayHeart Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    Can't say I would get any of these. Oh well, it's just one of those weeks. At least the majority of post-RB3 DLC have satisfied me very much.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited March 2011
    Starfleet_Rambo;4328511 said:
    Good, crap DLC not to be missed for the Defiant map pack if true.

This isn't crap, just lacking more from them. Really sad we didn't see Why Can't We Be Friends as another War single. Really upset we Didn't get Peanuts over Every Breath.
  • JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited March 2011
    Every Breath makes me happy.
  • PheranPheran Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    So the European Wii store is leaking DLC? Is there enough bathroom humor here? :-D

If true, I'll get Every Breath You Take, and I hope that one gets pro guitar.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited March 2011
    I'd get one from this set of offerings if true. Can't resist singing along to one of the ultimate stalker songs... LOL.
  • BruceDickinsonBruceDickinson Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    So Lonely is an awesome song. I will get 3 out of 4 of those..
  • I_Love_YouI_Love_You Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Interesting. Might buy The Police idk.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited March 2011
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Yes, I was just about to buy Depeche Mode and then I saw this DLC. Wow!
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    ClaptonsWig;4328536 said:
    This isn't crap, just lacking more from them. Really sad we didn't see Why Can't We Be Friends as another War single. Really upset we Didn't get Peanuts over Every Breath.

Actually, I'm more upset we didn't get King of Pain by The Police instead of (or in addition to) So Lonely. King of Pain is a perfect song for keys and would have even been much better than putting Don't Stand So Close to Me on Rock Band 3.
    folkeye;4328546 said:
    I'd get one from this set of offerings if true. Can't resist singing along to one of the ultimate stalker songs... LOL.

Actually, this is a common misconception of Every Breath You Take. I saw an interview with Sting where he explained the meaning and it's not about a stalker. However, I can't post the actual meaning because kids might read it. lol
  • TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited March 2011
    1. I thought Every Breath You Take would have been a shoo-in for the RB4 disc. Looks like RB4 is even further out.

2. Hope that one if not both of the Police songs gets Pro Guitar/Bass.

3. Why is this WAR song labeled Classic Rock when the other one was labeled R&B/Soul/Funk?
  • karaokefreakkaraokefreak Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    I'd take everything but the OK Go Song (exept if it has Pro guitar charting). Taht Song from Eric Burdon & War is great. I love that Album... I would have taken tobacco road though, its more fun for bassists
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    I may be buying everything next week too! :D
    "Spill the Wine" is 6 minutes long which should be good.
    edited March 2011
    Edify1;4328574 said:
    Actually, I'm more upset we didn't get King of Pain by The Police instead of (or in addition to) So Lonely. King of Pain is a perfect song for keys and would have even been much better than putting Don't Stand So Close to Me on Rock Band 3.

Actually, this is a common misconception of Every Breath You Take. I saw an interview with Sting where he explained the meaning and it's not about a stalker. However, I can't post the actual meaning because kids might read it. lol

LOL, indeed. But I'll still have fun with it and it'll always remain one of the stalker songs in my heart :)
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited March 2011
    Nice. I'd definitely get three of those, maybe even all four. Excellent choice by Eric Burdon and War, good choices by the cops, and OK Go has entertained me enough in the past that I'd be willing to risk the two bucks.
    TheHundredDollarHeadache;4328577 said:
    3. Why is this WAR song labeled Classic Rock when the other one was labeled R&B/Soul/Funk?
    "Spill the Wine" is primarily an Eric Burdon track, with War as his backing band. Since Eric Burdon's other famous band was the Animals ("House of the Rising Sun", "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood"), War with Eric Burdon is more likely to get filed under classic rock than War without Eric Burdon.
  • snwns26snwns26 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    No Get Over It and they couldn't even throw in another song from The Police to give it the pack discount. Meh. Every Breath You Take was overdue though.
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    Mmh..I'll have to take a look to charts, as always. Usually The Police gives something to do for the whole band, at least. That's a step forward..
  • JPS2010JPS2010 Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Looks like The Police is going to be my first ' I have everything I want and need from this band ' in RB3. I hope many more will follow...
    edited March 2011
    LunaticSoul;4328596 said:
    Mmh..I'll have to take a look to charts, as always. Usually The Police gives something to do for the whole band, at least. That's a step forward..

As much as I play for the song if I like it instead of the charts... I'm seeing a trend here that's got mixed blessings. The music is pretty strong in choice, but for those looking for a good challenge, the mainstream hasn't offered it in a long while. Providing challenge for a 'gamer' vs. 'learning guitarist' are two different bags (maybe an experienced guitar player might also think these aren't all that exciting, who knows, I don't play guitar). But in general, its been super mellow for the most part. I hope we see more for the rest of the band to enjoy instead of just for the vocals and keys player.
  • icarus212001icarus212001 Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    The two Police songs are a given for me. Gonna check out the other two before I buy, though. Not a huge WAR fan, I'm afraid.
  • hakko504hakko504 Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    No hugely impressed but Every Breath is a good song so I'll pick it up once I get new MSP. Assuming these are the only songs for next week, I'll only get the others iff they have Pro Strings.
  • MashleyMashley Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    I LOVE OK Go and was hyped when I saw the title, but what an underwhelming and honestly just weird choice. Of all the awesome OK Go tracks, you chose the obscure one they made for the Twilight soundtrack? It's not a bad song, it's just not especially good. I'll still buy it of course, the crazy weird keyboard parts should be great fun, but it's just such a bizarre choice. Oh, and I'll buy the Police tracks as well, nice songs.
    Give me an OK Go pack with these and I'll love you forever:
    Get Over It
    A Million Ways
    This Too Shall Pass
    End Love
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    karaokefreak;4328578 said:
    I would have taken tobacco road though

If we ever get "Tobacco Road" I really hope it's the David Lee Roth version.
  • ManLovesRobotManLovesRobot Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    I only know 2 of the 4 songs, but I like this mix. If they keep this type of thing up once or twice a month it gives us a good mix to choose from.

I hope we get some Eric Burdon and the Animals DLC at some point. House of the Rising Sun &
    San Franciscan Nights would be awesome.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited March 2011
    Oh man. So Lonely is my most wanted Police song!

Terrible, terrible, song choices for the other bands though, as much as I like them and will be getting them.
  • icarus212001icarus212001 Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    To be fair, we don't know if these will be the only songs being released this week. Hell, we can't be sure if they're even FOR this week.
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    I'll be getting the Police songs. Will have to sneak in Every Breath as my wife's old high school ex dedicated that to her when he went nuts. :p