Just to be sure....

SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
edited March 2011 in The Rock Band Network
A friend of mine asked:

"Well they continue with porting over RBN 1.0 songs to the PS3 after the launch of RBN 2.0?"

I know we've covered this a while back in one of these threads, but I completely forgot which one and I don't wanna go through all this for one post.

Comments

• JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    what do you want to know? that the ps3 users are going to get rbn2.0 songs?, or are they gonna keep getting rbn1.0 songs? either way the anwser its yes.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    JoshVanHalen87;4331020 said:
    what do you want to know? that the ps3 users are going to get rbn2.0 songs?, or are they gonna keep getting rbn1.0 songs? either way the anwser its yes.

That second question was mine.

Thanks.
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited March 2011
    We will continue to add at least 5 songs/week to the PS3. Since RBN2 songs will not be available immediately we will add RBN1 songs, or a mix of RBN1 and RBN2 songs until the majority of new stuff is RBN2.

Make sense?
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    HMXMister_Game;4331042 said:
    We will continue to add at least 5 songs/week to the PS3. Since RBN2 songs will not be available immediately we will add RBN1 songs, or a mix of RBN1 and RBN2 songs until the majority of new stuff is RBN2.

Make sense?

Yeah, sounds good! So, we can presume we'll receive the first batch of RBN2.0 songs in April/May (one month after the original release), while for this period of time we will still receive RBN1 content..Yet the message Henry posted was kind of creepy..

"This is the last batch of Rock Band Network songs that will be compatible with RB2 on the PS3" = Next week we will release 5 RBN1 songs but they will be listed as RBN2 songs, making them unplayable on RB2..Right?
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    HMXMister_Game;4331042 said:
    ...until the majority of new stuff is RBN2.

Make sense?

So the RBN1 songs will stop coming at some point?
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    Tykki-Teme;4331055 said:
    So the RBN1 songs will stop coming at some point?

Mmh, I'd like to get RBN2.0 stuff rather than old songs in the future. I know this means "no possibilities to get any new CoN/Ayreon/Devin" (just wrote the bands I'd really like to play on PS3)..But, hey, RBN2.0 will be amazing.. :p
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    I know that songs with new features will be amazing, but there are still so many great songs left to be ported :( At least give me Lift from Poets of the Fall and possibly one more CoN song from the old RBN and I'll be fine.