Guitar Hero 80's Edition

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero:_1980s_Edition

Uh.....can you tell us ANYTHING about it?
will it be developed by you?
is it real?
something! i must know! :D

Comments

• edited April 2007
    That would be Fn Sweet! I want to play some Cars!:rolleyes:
  • edited April 2007
    I know, it has been anounced for a while though (but not officially) and when it was "announced" it said to be released like Spring...and we know thats not gunna happen

harmonix, can you give us a clue???
  • edited April 2007
    If it even exists, is it only going to be for PS2, or will be be available for the 360 (as either a standalone disk or DLC)?
  • edited April 2007
    It was just a rumour.
  • EvilAvatarEvilAvatar Unsigned
    edited April 2007
    Priddo;1510 said:
    It was just a rumour.
    You need to get your video game news from a better source.

Announcement here:

http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27100

Activision has a whole plethora of "Guitar Hero" themed products coming out and I could tell you all about them, but that would spoil the surprise.
  • edited April 2007

too bad harmonix isnt doing it

activision/neversoft is going to ruin the once great series (just like they did with tony hawk) but as long as they keep the gameplay the same, and spend all their money on good songs, it will be good

they need guitar hero poopiedeloopie edition (zepelin,black sabbath, deep purple, hendrix, and some other bands, and thats the whole game =D ), or underground edition (where all the songs are like the bonus tracks on previous games, not well known songs)
  • edited April 2007
    EvilAvatar;1528 said:
    You need to get your video game news from a better source.

Announcement here:

http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27100

Activision has a whole plethora of "Guitar Hero" themed products coming out and I could tell you all about them, but that would spoil the surprise.
    Ahh, you must be one of those guys who has a brother working at EB Games.
  • edited April 2007
    I made that Wiki page. *proud*

Lulz. I think it is being made by Harmonix.
  • edited April 2007
    BlingShyne2;1537 said:
    Ahh, you must be one of those guys who has a brother working at EB Games.
    Exactly what I thought when he linked me to his own forum for an 'announacement'.
  • edited April 2007
    Moved this over to the General section as it wasn't about RockBand.
  • vichnaievvichnaiev Opening Act
    edited May 2007
    It's official now. It's not a rumor, GH: 80's is coming this summer. hmx announced it.
  • edited May 2007
    hmx announced it?
    I didn't think hmx was working on any future GH releases after xbox.
  • edited May 2007
    *sniff* anyone else smell that?

Smells like bullshit.
  • edited May 2007
    SWEET JESUS WAIT! LOOK!

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/puzzle/guitarhero80s/news.html?sid=6170407&om_act=convert&om_clk=newlyadded&tag=newlyadded;title;1

"I wan't candy" by Bow Wow.

WHAT THE FUCK. BOW WOW WAS'NT EVEN ALIVE IN THE 80'S.
  • edited May 2007
    no offense to harmonix, but this is going to suck, because there wasnt a lot of good music in the 80s, unless they get some death/speed metal or some of the awesome punk music

(please guns n roses tho)
  • edited May 2007
    Uh, YEAH punk, but there is no way that any GOOD punk music would get into the game, because all the great shit like Black Flag and Minor Threat and Bad Brains are all pretty much:

"Hey I need a guitarist, do you know how to play guitar?"

"No"

"Well here, practice these 3 chords"

"Okay got it"

"Alright sweet, now just play those as fast, loud, and sloppy as possible"

Unless you get some Dead Kennedy's, Chemical Warfare or probably California uber alles would be wicked. Too Drunk to Fuck would be perfect, but come on, my grandma plays guitar hero.
  • BloodlustBloodlust Opening Act
    edited May 2007
    BlingShyne2;1753 said:
    SWEET JESUS WAIT! LOOK!

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/puzzle/guitarhero80s/news.html?sid=6170407&om_act=convert&om_clk=newlyadded&tag=newlyadded;title;1

"I wan't candy" by Bow Wow.

WHAT THE FUCK. BOW WOW WAS'NT EVEN ALIVE IN THE 80'S.
    Bow Wow Wow is a band... And they've been around on and off since 80. Their cover of that particular 1960s song which Aaron Carter also covered some twenty years later, is the song which appears in this game and is very much from the 80s: 1982 to be exact.
  • benjaminbenjamin Opening Act
    edited May 2007
    poopiedeloopie;1531 said:

too bad harmonix isnt doing it

activision/neversoft is going to ruin the once great series (just like they did with tony hawk) but as long as they keep the gameplay the same, and spend all their money on good songs, it will be good

they need guitar hero poopiedeloopie edition (zepelin,black sabbath, deep purple, hendrix, and some other bands, and thats the whole game =D ), or underground edition (where all the songs are like the bonus tracks on previous games, not well known songs)
    I am somewhat surprised that no one called him on the fact that he said the transfer to Neversoft ruined Tony Hawk. Because, ya know, Tony Hawk has been made by Neversoft since the beginning.
  • BloodlustBloodlust Opening Act
    edited May 2007
    benjamin;1790 said:
    I am somewhat surprised that no one called him on the fact that he said the transfer to Neversoft ruined Tony Hawk. Because, ya know, Tony Hawk has been made by Neversoft since the beginning.
    But other companies improved on what Neversoft did with ports that they released. Edge of Reality did the N64 port of THPS, Treyarch got Dreamcast, Natsume did GBC, etc. Really, the Treyarch versions were probably the best, but Neversoft still made them.
    edited May 2007
    The 64 versions were inferior and the slight additions of Treyarch hardly outweigh the entire design that Neversoft created,
  • PodruvanPodruvan Opening Act
    edited May 2007
    Bloodlust;1808 said:
    But other companies improved on what Neversoft did with ports that they released. Edge of Reality did the N64 port of THPS, Treyarch got Dreamcast, Natsume did GBC, etc. Really, the Treyarch versions were probably the best, but Neversoft still made them.
    What are you smoking? You're seriously referring the the GBC games as an improvement?

C'mon. They may be driving the series into the ground, but there's no denying that the reason it was so good in the first place was because of Neversoft.
    edited May 2007
    Podruvan;1820 said:
    What are you smoking? You're seriously referring the the GBC games as an improvement?

C'mon. They may be driving the series into the ground, but there's no denying that the reason it was so good in the first place was because of Neversoft.
    I heard that the new Tony Hawk THP8 is quite good, on the 360 at least.
  • GruntKhumGruntKhum Unsigned
    edited May 2007
    Activision's press release[8] revealed 7 of the 30 songs in the game:

* "I Wanna Rock" - Twisted Sister (Master Track)
    * "I Ran (So Far Away)" - A Flock of Seagulls (Master Track)
    * "Round and Round" - Ratt
    * "I Want Candy" - Bow Wow Wow
    * "Metal Health" - Quiet Riot
    * "Holy Diver" - Dio
    * "Heat of the Moment" - Asia

HOLLLYY DIVEERRR! I can't wait for this to come out.
  • edited May 2007
    Tony Hawk stopped improving after Tony Hawk 2.

I made parks so much that I forgot there was a skating part to the game.
    edited May 2007
    BlingShyne2;1870 said:
    Tony Hawk stopped improving after Tony Hawk 2.

I made parks so much that I forgot there was a skating part to the game.
    I consider Tony Hawk 4 to be the apex of the series, the untimed levels just were a huge leap, even though Aggressive Inline did it first and better.

Plus Aggressive Inline had mucho ska and southern California music, and I love Reel Big Fish and Sublime.
  • edited May 2007
    *steers thread away from a skater game back to GH: Rocks the 80's

To Sean or another member of HMX,
    I was surprised to see your name on this release because I assumed Neversoft was doing all development after the xbox port.
    With this release, is it safe to say any addons or DLC for GH2 on any platform will be coming out of your company? Up until GH3 is released?
  • edited May 2007
    Found this today:

ACTIVISION REVEALS ADDITIONAL FINGER-MELTING TRACKS TO BE INCLUDED ON GUITAR HERO™ ENCORE: ROCKS THE 80s™

Songs Made Famous by Artists Such as Skid Row, Poison, and Eddie Money Are Added to Enhance the Axe Shredding Experience

SUNNYVALE, CA - May 22, 2007 - Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) today announced additional songs to be included in the latest installment of the critically acclaimed Guitar Hero™ franchise -- Guitar Hero™ Encore: Rocks the 80s™, available this summer exclusively for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. The tour will continue with 30 awesome new songs from the classic era, allowing Guitar Hero fans to further experience the ultimate rock star fantasy. Additional tracks include:

* 18 and Life (as made famous by Skid Row)
    * Bathroom Wall (as made famous by Faster Pussycat)
    * Lonely is the Night (as made famous by Billy Squier)
    * Nothing But a Good Time (as made famous by Poison)
    * Play With Me (as made famous by Extreme)
    * Shaken (as made famous by Eddie Money)
    * Synchronicity II (as made famous by Police)
    Guitar Hero Encore?
    Is this indication of future encores?
  • GruntKhumGruntKhum Unsigned
    edited May 2007
    Huskie;2232 said:
    Found this today:

Guitar Hero Encore?
    Is this indication of future encores?
    Hopefully.
    edited May 2007
    Many people seem to dislike exspansion packs but I would love anyway to get more songs, themed or unthemed. (Is unthemed even a word, I don't know)
  • edited May 2007
    benjamin;1790 said:
    when did i say that? i said they are going to ruin it, just like they ruined tony hawk, i said NOTHING about a transfer over to neversoft....please dont put words in my mouth