RockGamer Studios: The RBN 2.0 News & Announcements Thread

RockGamerRockGamer Opening Act
edited February 2013 in The Rock Band Network
Hey everyone,

This is the new thread to keep abreast of the latest goings-on at RockGamer Studios. We had an incredibly successful first year as the leading authoring group for the Rock Band Network, with over 230 songs officially released across a wide range of world-famous artists and emerging talents, and we're proud to keep that going with the launch of Rock Band Network 2.0.

In this thread you'll find information about songs we've announced that we're bringing to RBN 2.0, links to new preview videos as they go live, stories about our bands and labels, and anything and everything you will need to know!

As a reminder, if you're not already following us on all the different social networks, now's never been a better time to do so.

TWITTER: @RG_Studios
FACEBOOK: http://facebook.com/RockGamer
YOUTUBE: http://youtube.com/RockGamerStudios

And of course, our website can be found at http://www.rockgamerstudios.com/, including an up-to-date song database of everything released to date, as well as all the currently announced songs in playtesting.

If you're a member of a band or a label representative looking for the best in Rock Band Network authoring, please visit our Track Submission Page at http://www.rockgamerstudios.com/submit/ for more information and a personalized quote.

Thanks for your interest and your support, and we look forward to continuing to bring you the most exciting Rock Band content out there!

Comments

• BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited March 2011
    I hope Rockgamer can bring more Anti-Flag to the RBN! Would be glorious for harmonies!
  • axelkotheaxelkothe Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    More Free Spirit please!
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited March 2011
    Great news for the third Amberian Dawn album coming in full to RBN... i take it the remaining efforts from the first two albums will be released first though.

Looks like those keen will need the lungs of an elephant to sing "suffer" from what weve seen of the preview haha.
  • RockGamerRockGamer Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Skode;4336850 said:
    Great news for the third Amberian Dawn album coming in full to RBN... i take it the remaining efforts from the first two albums will be released first though.
    We still have a few songs from the first two albums that are currently in playtesting, yes, but we expect to have the first two tracks from "End of Eden" in playtesting early next week (looking like "Arctica" and "Blackbird" right now). Due to the way the peer review process works, we can't say if all songs from the first two will be available before any "End of Eden" tracks.
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    axelkothe;4336238 said:
    More Free Spirit please!

Like the rest of that awesome album "Pale Sister of Light"!
    edited March 2011
    At the current moment, we can't announce anything regarding future plans for additional Free Spirit songs, but we're hearing your requests and taking them under consideration. Thanks!
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    just one quick question, does the songs from the older amberian dawn songs haver harmonies and/or keys? did you remake them now that rbn 2.0 its out, or are the same without keys/harmonies? thanks..
    edited March 2011
    JoshVanHalen87;4336983 said:
    just one quick question, does the songs from the older amberian dawn songs haver harmonies and/or keys? did you remake them now that rbn 2.0 its out, or are the same without keys/harmonies? thanks..
    All future Amberian Dawn songs that are yet to be released will contain full RBN 2.0 features. We only had "Lost Soul" in testing up prior to the switchover, but the intent always was to add keys and harmonies to it. Everything else contains keys and harmonies (with the obvious exclusion of "Dreamchaser", which is an instrumental).
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
  • gunstarheroes777gunstarheroes777 Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Please put up a video preview of "Airbrushed". That is easily my most anticipated RBN 2.0 song, period
    edited March 2011
    RockGamer;4336975 said:
    At the current moment, we can't announce anything regarding future plans for additional Free Spirit songs, but we're hearing your requests and taking them under consideration. Thanks!

Thanks for your respose. I purchased their album through I tunes and it is one of the best albums I have ever heard from begining to end and it begs for RBN2.0!
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited March 2011
    RockGamer;4333211 said:
    AMBERIAN DAWN CONTINUE RBN SUPPORT WITH FULL “END OF EDEN” ALBUM

RockGamer Studios, Amberian Dawn, and Spinefarm Records Team Up to Bring Entirety of Band’s Third Album to Rock Band Network

NEW YORK CITY, New York, March 12th, 2011 – Leading Rock Band Network content developer RockGamer Studios has made the announcement today that they have entered into an agreement with Finland’s highly respected underground metal label, Spinefarm Records, to bring the entirety of the fan-favorite symphonic power metal act Amberian Dawn’s third album, “End of Eden”, to Rock Band Network 2.0 for the Xbox 360.

Released on October 20th, 2010, “End of Eden” marks a maturity and evolution in Amberian Dawn’s sound, with their epic soundscapes, powerful melodies, and operatic vocal performances reaching new heights across the album’s ten tracks. The lead single from the album, “Arctica”, will be amongst the first of the tracks to be released via RBN 2.0, and will make excellent use of the new features exclusive to Rock Band 3, such as vocal harmonies, pro keyboard charting, and pro drums.

For the full press release, please visit the following link:
    http://www.rockgamerstudios.com/2011/03/amberian-dawn-continue-rbn-support-with-full-end-of-eden-album/

If we had an awesome face smilie, this is where I'd put it.
    edited March 2011
    bjyaritz;4337191 said:
    Thanks for your respose. I purchased their album through I tunes and it is one of the best albums I have ever heard from begining to end and it begs for RBN2.0!

I totally agree (I bought the CD on Amazon). I thank you Rock Gamer Studios for introducing me to this band. Pity the songs didn't sell as well as they deserved, especially at only 80 MSP per track.
    edited March 2011
    axelkothe;4338528 said:
    I totally agree (I bought the CD on Amazon). I thank you Rock Gamer Studios for introducing me to this band. Pity the songs didn't sell as well as they deserved, especially at only 80 MSP per track.

How do you know how many they sold? Just curious because I was wondering about that. I know that I have convinced all of my friends to DL the tracks and they think Free Spirit kicks A$$ too.
    edited March 2011
    S1ckh4nds said something in regards to the sales of Far away From Heaven, also there were the charts on Rock Band Scores that indicated just OK sales...
  • brownies4allbrownies4all Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    I also second a preview for Airbrushed.
  • KemirochKemiroch Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    You can put me down for some more Free Spirit, too. Especially 'Preacher Man', love that one. I saw on Facebook that they intend to put some songs from their upcoming second album on RBN, but I don't know the current state of those plans.

I really need to check out some more Amberian Dawn, as of now I only have 'Valkyries'.

Anyway, keep up the good work, love your stuff!
  • KooleKyleKooleKyle Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    More Flogging Molly, pleaseeeeee???
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited March 2011
    I thought the Free Spirit songs were amazing.

Also we need more Band of Horses and Breathe Carolina....please....pretty pretty please
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2011
    yes please @ Band Of Horses and Breathe Carolina!

also I think it's time for "We'll Be A Dream" by We The Kings :D
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited March 2011
    I hope you guys have some more Ayreon in the works now. Harmonies and keyboard would be epic.

but of course I am looking forward to the songs you have announced already the Anamanaguchi song sounds awesome
  • cwilburcwilbur Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    firedoom666;4338989 said:
    I hope you guys have some more Ayreon in the works now. Harmonies and keyboard would be epic.

I second this with great enthusiasm. Do it right, do it right, we ain't got all night!
    Do it now, do it now, I think you know how!!
    edited March 2011
    gunstarheroes777;4337110 said:
    Please put up a video preview of "Airbrushed". That is easily my most anticipated RBN 2.0 song, period
    brownies4all;4338604 said:
    I also second a preview for Airbrushed.

Your wish is our command... but why stop there? Today we're pleased to announce that Anamanguchi's "Airbrushed" is the first RockGamer Studios authored track to come to the Rock Band Network 2.0, currently having passed peer review and set for release the week of March 21st.

In celebration, we've edited together an extended-length preview video for the song, featuring gameplay footage, performance mode video, and even some shots of the band themselves taking the song for a test run and rocking it out during their recent trip out here to RockGamer HQ!

Anamanaguchi "Airbrushed" (chiptune rock)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf4zGAjeRFY

If our calculations are correct, expect to see this on the Xbox 360 Marketplace on Monday, March 21st, and in the Rock Band Music Store on Tuesday, March 22nd (barring any sort of catastrophic plague on Harmonix's end).

Thanks for your support!
  • ctynerctyner Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    RockGamer;4339962 said:
    In celebration, we've edited together an extended-length preview video for the song
    Awesome! That kind of sets a new standard for preview videos too.

I can't wait for this one to hit the PS3.
  • AshtrayHeartAshtrayHeart Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    Looks like a blast on both Guitar and Drums.

Day 1 purchase? Hell yeah.
    edited March 2011
    edited March 2011
    Planning out my budget; how many points will Airbrushed be?
  • rev0ltrev0lt Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    AshtrayHeart;4340496 said:
    Looks like a blast on both Guitar and Drums.

Day 1 purchase? Hell yeah.
    Looks like a blast on EVERYTHING! Pro Keys will be so much fun.
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Awesome can't wait for "Airbrushed" to be released!
    edited March 2011
    ... Any minute now...
    ... Any minute now...